Josh Aloiai, and membership discussions.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
hes a fairly good player but feel like we dont need a 20-something year old 'ok' prop who can gee up but will never be a world beater and probably will still be commanding 400k+ considering the 'large offer' we've given him.

we have taupau paseka keppie and would love saddler / fainu / titmuss to step up.

On the edge we have siro and olakaua'tu (gosi is depth at most)... wouldn't mind a good second rower instead. Oh and a hooker for depth. Oh and a centre if Walker is out the door (which he should be).

Strange the tigers would be letting this guy go. He’s arguably one of if not their best forward. Wonder if it has anything to do with that lunatic coach they have. He would be a real good front rower for us for a few years and will only get better IMO.

Keppie and Paseka both have more upside than this bloke. He’s peaked.
A solid addition to our pack but not exactly an AFB like for like.
We have plenty of solid props.

Money would be better spent strengthening weaknesses like hooker.
Plenty of solid props like who
Marty
Keppie
Paseka

We need another prop and an aggressive one. He is no afb but he is a good replacement for half the price. Thats why we went after hetherington, we need another prop.

As for hooker who can we buy thats decent? If fainu goes to jail we are really really screwed. Might need to look to super league

Again, this is why this current team won't win any comps..

We are average... plain and simple... team is loaded with average players and when we buy guys, they are average buys.. this guy isn't bad at all, but he's not the guy that takes us up a level..
Nor is Davey.. nor is Saab... we keep signing average players and wondering why we are a bloody average team.

And before anyone says "we did the same thing during our 08-11 years" whilst I agree we had some fixer uppers during those seasons, we also had a handful of all time greats leading the team.. you could play absolutely anyone with killer,Brett,Glenn,watmough,kite,matai, Menzies and win comps.. this current team doesn't have that talent to make it work..

This teams 1 injury away from being bottom 4 unfortunately

Plenty of solid props like who
Marty
Keppie
Paseka

We need another prop and an aggressive one. He is no afb but he is a good replacement for half the price. Thats why we went after hetherington, we need another prop.

As for hooker who can we buy thats decent? If fainu goes to jail we are really really screwed. Might need to look to super league
The doomsdayers on here would be complaining if we tried to sign Fulton, Randall and Eadie in their prime and would find fault with them all. Get with the program - if we and it is IF but if we got Aloiai, Garner, Saab and a hooker IF Fainu wont be cleared to play that is a pretty damn good off season in my books. Turbo healthy - IF, Walker in the Centres IF he is not an imbecile, IF Fainu gets sorted (I am guessing with the club extending him that they must know something surely). IF we sign the aforementioned lots of IF's but every team has IF's. Some of you must be an absolute pain to live with listening to your whinging lol lol. You must lie in bed and think ... what disaster will happen today I better stay in bed because the sky will fall in. I would so much rather think - well Des and the team know more than me because I am a Neville Nufty so I will have faith in their plan and believe we will add some good players and if we dont - I will have faith that Des has a plan to change our playing strategy to accommodate the 6 again rule and fix our edge defence then AFTER the season I will judge Des and the club. We do have a lot of IF's - I get it but why live in doom every day - doesn't make sense to me. I am above ground and to me... it must be a great day! Believe in the club, believe in Des and lets see how the year pans out. I have believed in this club since 1972/73 and we always rise again. And yes Aloiai would be a super signing - Hetherington on steroids! Crazy tough man with some skill.

Again, this is why this current team won't win any comps..

We are average... plain and simple... team is loaded with average players and when we buy guys, they are average buys.. this guy isn't bad at all, but he's not the guy that takes us up a level..
Nor is Davey.. nor is Saab... we keep signing average players and wondering why we are a bloody average team.

And before anyone says "we did the same thing during our 08-11 years" whilst I agree we had some fixer uppers during those seasons, we also had a handful of all time greats leading the team.. you could play absolutely anyone with killer,Brett,Glenn,watmough,kite,matai, Menzies and win comps.. this current team doesn't have that talent to make it work..

This teams 1 injury away from being bottom 4 unfortunately

Our spine has ...
1. Trbojevic (Aust centre/back up fullback)
6. Foran (NZ stand off- past his best, but a great player regardless)/Schuster (probably the best young 6 coming through)
7. DCE (Aust halfback)
9. Fainu (one of the best young hookers in the game)
13. Trbojevic (Aust lock)
If this isn’t a great list of stars to build a team around, then I don’t know what is.

Last edited:
Our spine has ...
1. Trbojevic (Aust centre/back up fullback)
6. Foran (NZ stand off- past his best, but a great player regardless)/Schuster (probably the best young 6 coming through)
7. DCE (Aust halfback)
9. Fainu (one of the best young hookers in the game)
13. Trbojevic (Aust lock)
If this isn’t a great list of stars to build a team around, then I don’t know what is.

Agree with it on paper

How bout on the field? Very good chance tom and foran dont play more than half a season..
Fainu isn't even assured of being a free man letalone playing football..
Love dce so no questions there

Jurbo is great too... but plays first reciever too much for my liking..

So out of that list we are guaranteed 2 great players... thats a very realistic summation in my eyes

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6