Josh Aloiai, and membership discussions.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
yes agreed - Aloiai is all quality. Marty played really well. Schuster was good. Get Haumole and Siro back and Cust and that is a pretty damn good pack. Jake was Jake... doing all the mop up stuff. His mopping up is so underrated and most punters just don't realise what he does.
Yep the pack will look very different with Gosiewski and Boyle unable to be picked, Haumole and Siro coming back, and Sipley really stepping up last night. Taupau off the bench is going to work well. Saddler is in the mix for a bench spot also. With a few more tweaks this pack could really surprise a few of the more established teams. Promising signs all round. Go Manly.

Yep the pack will look very different with Gosiewski and Boyle unable to be picked, Haumole and Siro coming back, and Sipley really stepping up last night. Taupau off the bench is going to work well. Saddler is in the mix for a bench spot also. With a few more tweaks this pack could really surprise a few of the more established teams. Promising signs all round. Go Manly.
agreed totally - certainly not doom and gloom. We hopefully will be competitive the rest of the year - as long as they keep having a dig. The chance at a roster overhaul at the end of the year plus our super promising juniors gives us lots to look forward to.

Interesting to see aleo vera getting a run in the B team today. Has Des lost patience with his so so form already?

Not to mention all the boxing crap talk that went on. I get the feeling Des likes his players to focus on football 24/7 and Josh might not fit that bill.

Last edited:
Interesting to see aleo vera getting a run in the B team today. Has Des lost patience with his so so form already?

Not to mention all the boxing crap talk that went on. I get the feeling Des likes his players to focus on football 24/7 and Josh might not fit that bill.
I think it’s more to do with his suspension mate. He can’t get picked until Rd 3, so better to see those that can in that first half.

For Aloiai to be effective he needs to be in top shape. He hit some good form just before his large injury lay off last season. When he came back he struggled to find his groove to a lack of fitness.
He is the type of player that needs to be running on all cylinders as he isn’t the biggest nor the most skilful props going around.
His impact comes from his high energy and he needs to be at full fitness to do so.

Maybe Des wanted a reg first grader with the B team boys, more or less as a steadying influence leading from the front. Anyway it's only the first trial, I'll reserve my judgement on Alioi for next Fridays Raiders game.

People trying to get a spot in the Manly pack in 2022.

12phone-booth-stuffing.-vintage-everyday.jpg

He will be in the squad when he serves his suspension. His form waned a bit late in the year but then a few of them were in the same boat. Early on he was all quality and one of the few players that stood up and he really put on some shots. He is tough - bit like Keppie - both loose cannons but Keppie has more handling errors in his game. Both of them can put on a hit and we need some mongrel in that pack... something everyone has been complaining we don't/haven't had. You take him out and that leaves Keppie and maybe Marty as the boys who will really get in when it is tough. Obviously Jake is the constant in the trenches guy. He just doesn't intimidate as such... just cuts you in half!

He will be in the squad when he serves his suspension. His form waned a bit late in the year but then a few of them were in the same boat. Early on he was all quality and one of the few players that stood up and he really put on some shots. He is tough - bit like Keppie - both loose cannons but Keppie has more handling errors in his game. Both of them can put on a hit and we need some mongrel in that pack... something everyone has been complaining we don't/haven't had. You take him out and that leaves Keppie and maybe Marty as the boys who will really get in when it is tough. Obviously Jake is the constant in the trenches guy. He just doesn't intimidate as such... just cuts you in half!
Agreed although I think Marty lost his intimidation factor years ago... doesn't play with any aggression anymore

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2