Josh Aloiai to fight Paul Gallen

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Josh to fight Gallen on Dec 10th ... ( my secretary @globaleagle will post tele article when he sobers up)

Josh may be able to fight ... but taking on Gallen after just one amateur bout seems like the dumbest thing any prop has ever done ... and they have done some dumb things

EDIT .. Global is AWOL .. but moon doggie just uploaded .. thanks

GALLEN TO FIGHT SEA EAGLES ENFORCER

Paul Gallen’s next heavyweight opponent can be revealed – Manly Sea Eagles front-rower Josh Aloiai, who has a huge reputation in the fight game.

Contracts have been signed for the pair to fight on the Gold Coast on Friday night, December 10, on Foxtel’s Main Event.

Talking up his boxing prowess, Aloiai declared last year: “I’d back myself against anyone in the NRL.”

The Manly front-rower has had shots at Gallen on social media. He had one amateur fight in 2017 and knocked his opponent out in the second round.

Gallen’s advisor and corner man Peter Mitrevski junior said it would be one of former Sharks star’s toughest fights.

“Everyone in the fight game knows Josh can fight,” Mitrevski said, “Gal will have to be at his best. Outside of Justis Huni, this could be his most difficult fight.”

Last edited:
I thought at the start of the season when the club was so keen to sign him that he must be a champion player. Frankly, I've been underwhelmed by his performance.
He gives away penalties and has mistakes in him.
I've never played prop so I may be missing his impact, but is he as good as Kapow, Keppie, Tent, Sippers?

I thought at the start of the season when the club was so keen to sign him that he must be a champion player. Frankly, I've been underwhelmed by his performance.
He gives away penalties and has mistakes in him.
I've never played prop so I may be missing his impact, but is he as good as Kapow, Keppie, Tent, Sippers?
He's not been in my top couple for us but then he has generally been coming back after an injury or a suspension so the jury is still out maybe...

Edit: he was one of our best in our early losses but then the rest of the team were pretty bad so... ??

he is tough as and yes before he was injured he was one of our best every week. He has some mongrel - can hit in defence. I still think he has a knee problem and is still in our best 17 - I think his match fitness when he came back was also lacking obviously and he never got that back to be a full contributor every minute he was on the field.

If he needs any motivation he just has to remind himself that Gallen tipped the Roosters to beat Manly 2 weeks ago :p

NYEagle

Don't agree with this at all. He is paid very well to be on our roster as forward not to moonlight as a boxer.
If it was towards the end of his career so be it but not in the second year of his contract.

Well, he's going to be suspended for the first three rounds. - so, the extra training should ensure he remains in good shape. I don't get why people whine and whine, and whine and whine - over every bloody thing. We truly live in the age of the professional sook. Nothing's off-limits from their incessant, ass clenching complaints. Not even Coon cheese.

Put your tissues away, people. Josh is a tough boy who wants to get in the ring with Gal, pocketing a fair chunk of change in the process. He plays a high collision sport for half the year, and the chances of him getting seriously hurt in the ring are very minimal. Who knows? Perhaps there is a financial incentive for the club in all of this.

Good luck, Josh - smash some Coon, kill a cow, and pay no attention to the sooks.

He already had a history of bad hand and wrist injuries, missed around 12 weeks of this season with another wrist injury and now decides he's going to go and punch Gallen upside the head in the off-season.

If I were paying his $500k/season salary I would not be very impressed.

Surprised it's in every contract that you can't to combat Sports, skydive dive with sharks etc

( Race on The Corso)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6