Jorge reinvigorated

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
At the end of last season I'd written Jorge off as a winger, mistakenly believing that he couldn't catch a cold and, thus, should be tried in the second row. Well, he obviously spent a lot of time on catching practice in the off season because he has been as steady as a rock. Did they graft a set of Snake hands onto Jorge's?
His runs from dummy half certainly helped out the forwards, and he is back to his best.
So, not for the first time, I admit I was wrong. And I'm so glad I was.

His hands have been superb this year. Our fortunes have really turned now that he has returned from injury.

What pleases me is that Jorge and Starling have come back from legs injuries but you wouldn't even know it. Both of these guys just keep driving forward when being tackled.

Jorge has his confidence and mojo back. His current form resembles what we saw in 2012/3. He has also improved under the high ball and that was a big weakness in his game.

I was always hoping he would overcome the issues he had with high balls as he was our strongest runner and constantly did well out of dummy half when we were pegged back into the corner.

Really happy for him and hopefully he maintains his consistency as we sure need him to be playing like he has to keep our season alive

The yards he makes from dummy half and the momentum he creates carrying defenders when nothing is on and he grinds forward is huge for us. Its an area where we struggle sometimes and when he's on he makes a huge difference. Plus every half chance in the corner he just shoulders away the opposition winger like its a training session.

Welcome back.

I always thought it must have been the shoulder injury that hampered him. So glad the surgery worked. My favourite players are always the ones who are a little different and, like Wolfman, he fits the bill.

I thought it was less issues with high balls and more a physical inability to get up and catch them due to an ankle injury in his jumping leg and a bum shoulder where he couldn't lift his arms up properly.

Also, the club demanded he get off the turps after the Loko incident and if he has a brain, he'd stick with it because it's definitely helping.

Manly's tough love, after the Loko fiasco.
Last warning is in force! @:cool:

Jorge has finally realized, that being a footy player is a privilege that he should appreciate.

Glad to see him more involved, as he has talent , size and youth on his side :clap:

Did he have a brace last year? I never knew that.
Glad to see him back to his best. Looks like he is really enjoying himself again too.
Yeah, there was an article on it last year. It restricted his shoulder movement (wire brace post injury), it was suspected that the brace caused some (even most) of his issues with the high ball

Did he have a brace last year? I never knew that.
Glad to see him back to his best. Looks like he is really enjoying himself again too.
It was publicised that he was wearing a stiff shoulder brace across his chest,he's very much a confidence player, when he stinks he stinks for weeks but when he's confident well good luck trying to stop him

Love the way Jorge has been playing lately. He looks very strong and is extremely hard for opposition to contain. And it looks like he has a lot of confidence and is enjoying himself out there.

It's great that his ball control and catching from kicks has improved immensely. The opposition haven't worked this out yet and he has been targeted which is good because his strength has enabled him to catch the ball and then make good metres often in difficult situations (case in point - last night he caught the ball on the goal line and had the strength to get back into the field of play; not many would have been able to do that).

I thought Tom T played better too. Ran a bit straighter and harder. Interesting to see what they do with Hiku when he's healthy.

He was covered in so much bandaging last year that no wonder he was struggling.

Great to see him back to his barnstorming best.

I thought Tom T played better too. Ran a bit straighter and harder. Interesting to see what they do with Hiku when he's healthy.
Totally agree Lube job....he ran with a lot more purpose and vigor - it was good to see.

He'd be three yards faster with a more aerodynamic hair cut.. ;)
I'm waiting for the comb to make an appearance...
afro+comb.jpg

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4