Jonah Lomu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
My condolences to the Lomu family. He was a great player!
image.jpg

Just this once: GO THE ALL BLACKS!!!!!!!!!!

What a player, a huge man 6'5 and 119 , he was famed for barnstorming runs that terrorised much smaller defenders and is believed to have helped usher the sport into the professional era. Because of Lomu it paved the way to introduce bigger wingers like Wendell Sailor and Lote Tuqiri A winger of immense power, great speed, superb balance and stability in any running situation. ..What a legend. The game they play in heaven with Lomu leading the way

Attachments

• _41208411_lomu_get_270.jpg
    _41208411_lomu_get_270.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 4
What a player, a huge man 6'5 and 119 , he was famed for barnstorming runs that terrorised much smaller defenders and is believed to have helped usher the sport into the professional era. Because of Lomu it paved the way to introduce bigger wingers like Wendell Sailor and Lote Tuqiri A winger of immense power, great speed, superb balance and stability in any running situation. ..What a legend. The game they play in heaven with Lomu leading the way

R.I.P Jonah Lomu!!! Very sad to hear of his passing. A true legend of not only rugby and the All Blacks but sports in general. A rare and freakish talent that has been replicated but never duplicated. Health issues and sickness really affected him for most of his career and afterwards which makes what he did on the field even more spectacular. But most of all Jonah was a humble man and great human being first and foremost. Rest in Paradise Big Guy!!!

One of the greats. He was a true superstar and a supremely gifted athlete. Sad news and I feel for his young family.

We so often expect our sports star to be shining lights off the field. When they retire and their sporting prowess is not there to show how good they were their personality/behaviour can diminish what we think of them. Jonah Lomu was an absolute star on the sporting field and such a fine human being off the field that I think his star shone a little brighter as the years went on.

We so often expect our sports star to be shining lights off the field. When they retire and their sporting prowess is not there to show how good they were their personality/behaviour can diminish what we think of them. Jonah Lomu was an absolute star on the sporting field and such a fine human being off the field that I think his star shone a little brighter as the years went on.
Incredibly tragic news about Jonah and his family. So often stories about sports stars dying young are due to substance abuse but not in this case. Just a champion struck down by a killer disease. Will remain an untainted legend.

I'm actually quite surprised and disappointed that there has only been 12 posts in this thread. Deserves a lot more than that in my opinion. He Was my idle growing up as a kid his autobiography was probably the only book I read growing up. He played in the 95 World Cup with his liver illness and still rocked the world even though he wasn't fit enough to make the squad, imagine his ability full throttle!! I watched his tribute last night on fox and it brought tears to my eyes. The world has not just lost a great of rugby but a great man! If more people were like him the world would be a better place.His contribution to communities in nz and around the world were like no other. RIP Jonah much love.

I'm actually quite surprised and disappointed that there has only been 12 posts in this thread. Deserves a lot more than that in my opinion. He Was my idle growing up as a kid his autobiography was probably the only book I read growing up. He played in the 95 World Cup with his liver illness and still rocked the world even though he wasn't fit enough to make the squad, imagine his ability full throttle!! I watched his tribute last night on fox and it brought tears to my eyes. The world has not just lost a great of rugby but a great man! If more people were like him the world would be a better place.His contribution to communities in nz and around the world were like no other. RIP Jonah much love.

If it helps.....

some of us posted in here...before this thread popped up.

http://silvertails.net/threads/rugby-thread.40068/page-6#post-745952

:)

rip Jonah

Last edited:
I don't watch a lot of union but this bloke made me watch union such was the power of the man.
I remember him running over the top of many opposition players and leaving them in his wake dubbed "the Lomu sidestep". He was about 110kg and could run faster than most with absolute power and grace. He would have been just as awesome in league IMO. Great player.

Rip Jonah.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4