Johhny Gibbs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
bob dylan said:
Does the interviews with the head tilted back and the socks down.
Yep! Same way he watches TV, checks the mail, mows the lawn, has a beer............

Like a lot of us the years are catching up...LOL.
Gone are the long gold locks etc, but it was good to see him on the mike...and I'll never forget watching him as a kid. Geez he was a star.

Neil Evans was a loss so I too hope he keeps this gig.

Johnny Gibbs was coaching a team I played against as a kid in a district tournament at the Central Coast and was kind enough to autograph my oversized shoulder pads. Problem is I still had to wear the shoulder pads so the sweat started getting to the ink. But I meticulously traced over his signature after every game I played for the next three seasons, just to make sure he was still with me.

my old man (not a Manly fan) used to joke ...here comes that bloke that's in a wind tunnel!!...I can't remember my reply, but i hope it was what's the score now you old bastardd!?

I did like Darrell Williams doing the interviews...what happened there?

Johnny Gibbs was my favorite player - as a little kid I remember the blonde hair and the speed off the mark....and of course the hammy injuries. The whole reason I started going for Manly....good to see an old legend back.

RiverEagle said:
Like a lot of us the years are catching up...LOL.
Gone are the long gold locks etc, but it was good to see him on the mike...and I'll never forget watching him as a kid. Geez he was a star.

The first game I ever went to as an 11 y/o he was playing under 23s. Socks down, head back, simply carved up the opposition (the roosters). I remember the number on his back was number 53 or 55 - good grief that was nearly 40 years ago

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6