JOEY ON EDGE - Watmough.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
THERE was plenty of reaction to my piece on Andrew Johns last week and his partying. There are some nervous people associated with the Jack Newton golfing event who don't want bad publicity for what is a fun few days on the sporting calendar. Johns has also been on edge that more will emerge. Others say he has been pulling his head in over the past few weeks and staying off the drink. And, as usual, some of his ratbag mates threatened me. Then there are stories of him partying for days with teams where he has been a halves coach - and asking others such as Anthony Watmough to go partying with him. Watmough, to his credit, has been turning him down to concentrate on his football.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/steer-clear-of-dogs-sonny-20120225-1tv1i.html

Why is it that the NRL hold this drug addict party boy up as a pin-up boy. If what is stated is true and he is actually enticing people to party with him I hope he is kept away from Manly and it's players.

Well done Choc to knock back his offer. Choc has been so good on and off the field since his last misdemeanor and has shown maturity. I admit at the time I was very critical of Choc and said that he needed to sort out the off-field problems. He's done that and he's a better player on the field and has been very good off the field. Keep it up Choc and the captaincy might head your way down the track.

Cambo said:
Still want to swap him for Paul gallen swoop ;) jks

No way, but at the time when he was off the rails he was a liability, and as I've said he's turn his attitude around and is a much better person for it much in the same way Gallen did. I used to loathe Gallen but you got to give him credit.

So if it's a story about a Manly player it's fabricated, anyone else and you take it for gospel.

Its good to see Chocs disciplined attitude change but as far as Johns partying -good luck to him. He has noone to answer too & does not need to dedicate himself to footy anymore. If anyones stupid enough to party with him its there fault, I'm sure he didn,t have a gun at anyones head.

MK Eagle said:
Its good to see Chocs disciplined attitude change but as far as Johns partying -good luck to him. He has noone to answer too & does not need to dedicate himself to footy anymore. If anyones stupid enough to party with him its there fault, I'm sure he didn,t have a gun at anyones head.

I know he can party all he likes and he won't get into trouble but if any current NRL player tagged along who do you think will pay the price for any misconduct. I bet it won't be Johns.

swoop said:
MK Eagle said:

I know he can party all he likes and he won't get into trouble but if any current NRL player tagged along who do you think will pay the price for any misconduct. I bet it won't be Johns.
Spot on Swoop & it shouldnt be Johns. The players should take full responsability as clubs send harsh messages constantly & youngsters from Sg Ball, Flegg & Toyota Cup are given strict guidelines to follow these days.
If any player including a Seaeagle pointed his finger at Johns with a "He made me do it" i'd find it copout of the century.

Me too. That's why i don't care what Rose looks like, as long as he's doing what's asked of him. If ever Ballin picks the ball up at dummy half, fires a pass that bounces off George's forehead because he's haunched over gasping for air, then we have a problem. Until then....he's fine.
The only exciting thing about the report of Weirdlers (lol) is that Choc is digging in for a big season. John's can do whatever he wants, i don't give a crap.

Interesting one. Weidler and Johns both in the 9 stable but Weidler very tight with Mundine and his crew.

I don't imagine Johns would be too popular in those circles after the whole Tahu thing.

It's pretty rare to find a Weidler story that didn't come direct from the mouth of Mundine, $BW, Quade Cooper or Khoder Nasser. I really hope Chock isn't getting involved with that crowd. I reckon he'd be better of with Joey!

What a disgusting man this Johns is

The cheek of the bloke, who does he think he is partying and having a good time, it shouldn't be allowed. Even worse, asking his mates to party with him, disgraceful

Probably about 25 years inside with no parole should fit the crime

I detest Johns and his brother for what they did to us in 97. Drugged up Newcastle players. All of them should be rubbed out of the game. Can't stand the way the media are all over them. They both should do a stint at picking up garbage along the M5. I remember well and will hate all of those associated with that club forever.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4