Joe Kelly - Our best buy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

delz

Reserve Grader
I think our most significant purchase of the off season will be Joe Kelly.

I understand he starts next Monday the 24th and whilst he will have his hands full with the pending negotiations of both Foran and DCE contracts I think he will get them over the line.

Apparently he is known to be very astute and quite a stabilising character with a ton of experience in the finances area and in particular most recently the workings of the salary cap.

Also I have a work colleague who knows him very well & worked with him and said he is a great person and extremely well liked and respected.

As I said I think he will go down as the buy of the year for us.

tookey said:
Time will tell

If we lose either Foran or DCE then he might lose his halo

If we lose either I doubt it will be for lack of effort from the club. Some times players just want a change or in this game, to play with mates or whatever. Manly can only offer then a) cash and b) more of the "decade of dominance" stuff...

Next monday? I was pretty sure when it was announced when he signed he said he wasn't going to start til Jan/Feb next year when his contract runs out at Souths.

He might be a great administrator but I think it will be a team effort to get our halves to sign long term contracts.

Great to see the video of our new CEO Joe Kelly talking to us fans about his vision for this great Club on the Sea Eagles official website.

This type of transparency will go along way in making sure stupid rumors and innuendos that have circled and fractioned the club over the past few years no longer is an issue.

Well done Joe and welcome to Manly !

Agree a great start by Joe and great see he is willing to talk directly to fans/members!

manlyfan76 said:
Waits for negative posts.......

Pfft guys an idiot - been on the job 2 hours and has done bugger all! Why hasn't he re-signed everyone for unders yet and personally tossed some bricks around at Brookie to upgrade the joint and turned a huge profit for 2015??? I demand answers!!! :D

A more positive outcome was that his comb over wasn't as noticeable in this video

The Wheel said:
A more positive outcome was that his comb over wasn't as noticeable in this video

Tooves should grab the clippers & give him a hair cut ;)

Very nice to see a video released.

Had that typical accountant razzle dazzle style too!

Best of luck Mr Kelly!

:angel:

One owner one direction The best thing that has happened to us
Great message from JK
http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2014/11/24/a_message_from_new_ceo_joe_kelly.html

A bit of Eric Bana/ Clark Kent about him.
If our new one direction board starts playing up
we may need their alter egos...Chopper and Superman.:)

wombatgc said:
A bit of Eric Bana/ Clark Kent about him.
If our new one direction board starts playing up
we may need their alter egos...Chopper and Superman.:)

Except you will probably get Poiter

he has a striking resemblance to Ned don't you think?. I am sure we are heading for better times, the next decade will be even better than the last for us.

BOZO said:
One owner one direction The best thing that has happened to us
Great message from JK
http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2014/11/24/a_message_from_new_ceo_joe_kelly.html

I remember the same being said about Newcastle a few years ago. (Tinkler had over 1 billion then). It's good to see that if the privately owned clubs don't work the N. R. L will return clubs back to the community.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6