Joe Kelly last night - Youtube

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

simon_eagle

Reserve Grader
Although it was great to hear Joe speak up and quash the rumour that Foz had signed a deal with Parramatta, I can't help but think it was not the forum to do this. I suppose the rational was that the fans have a right to know what is going on with the negotiations, and a season launch was the best place for this...

I still couldn't help but think that the phrase "We hope he is a man of his word", could be seen as a little condescending. Foz's facial expressions seemed to give it away. Not a great poker face, or perhaps he was just embarrassed. Time will tell...

What! How much do we have to pander to these guys. They wander around from club to club for 12 months,it is now a week out from season start and now we have to worry about embarrassing poor old Foz! He should have him in a room with a stopwatch and a pen ffs.

Geez enough is enough!We are Manly.

Kelly said - we 'believe' he is a man of his word - sounds more positive about Foran rather than Kelly saying 'hopeful' which would be questioning Foran's integrity

Interesting. Thanks for posting that. Maybe we should just decide which one we want to keep more and offer the absolute kitchen sink and pull the pin on the other though it is probably way more complex than that. :)

How hard is it? You are either staying or going? Joe Kelly has handled negotiations like this in the EPL. I will be amazed if he now not set a deadline.

Yeah but in the EPL (Chelsea), they have very deep pockets, 3rd party sponsors like oil companies and world class players keen to sign with the club (hence little problems finding a star replacement). Its probably a very different world.

Kelly said - we 'believe' he is a man of his word - sounds more positive about Foran rather than Kelly saying 'hopeful' which would be questioning Foran's integrity

Yep, that is an important distinction. Well said. It still might have been viewed as a little condescending.. but I agree with Susan.. enough is enough! Sign a new deal or bugger off.

Maybe we should just decide which one we want to keep more and offer the absolute kitchen sink and pull the pin on the other though it is probably way more complex than that. :)

But according to those on Silvertails.. its about 50/50. It's like comparing a Mercedes in grey to one in navy. Very hard to choose and very subjective.

This was sort of a public smackdown to them both. And to be honest, i quite liked the idea. Well done Joe.

This was sort of a public smackdown to them both. And to be honest, i quite liked the idea. Well done Joe.
Everyone has been saying he should act more like arko. I think he's making a few arko moves. Wouldn't surprise me if the Maloney rumour is to highlight that we have options and get a move on

Everyone has been saying he should act more like arko. I think he's making a few arko moves. Wouldn't surprise me if the Maloney rumour is to highlight that we have options and get a move on

I agree - its time for him to start the pressure. He needs to show that we won't be pissed all over as a club by any player.

Would have been to see him expound the virtues of our great club and then as an aside briefly mention that the club is still in negotiations with some of it's players.

So, he hasn't signed doesn't mean anything ..... he might have agreed to rems and has the intention of signing. He's gone, gone, gone ....

Hey guys - I just showed the above footage to my wife. She is adamant that the footage shown there of the boys on stage was not shot when Joe was giving his speech. You can see just before they cut away from the boys on stage Jamie Buhrer is talking to someone off camera & says ok and then they start to walk off midway through Joes speech. Now there is no way imo that the boys would be that disrespectful and be chatting etc whilst the CEO is giving a speech.
To me this just another illustration of the media being manipulative.
When I inially watched the footage I thought Foz looked very sheepish & uneasy when Joe was talking contracts. But now it looks as though the speech & footage do not correlate at all. @:mad:

Maybe @tookey can shed some light

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4