Joe Kelly & Communication (positive thread)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He is obviously more annoying than you :)

You guys make me feel like a terrible fan. I am way too lazy to even consider sending a email or emails to the club.

Wow . What a joke Kelly is . He is the worst CEO we have had. I rate him below Mcalvern who was here for 5 minutes when we were northern eagles.
This bloke has no power no spine and no fuXXXXX idea on how to handle his bosses. They are infact everyone including bozo Zorba as well as the owners. May be even the water boys. I do feel half sorry for the man . What can he do . If he quits he is a failure and he he stays he is incompetent. Cut your losses joe and go back to souths. Ritcho is waiting.

Last edited:
The club needs and let's hope it is learnfroming from there mistakes. Out of interest @Ryan how many vented emails had you sent before you got a reply?

Two. One was a standard email, the second to check if the first was received. Something happened last Friday night, so I made contact, and Joe replied.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very disappointed in the lack of communication prior to this, but like Manly, when you're only as good as your last game, Joe has to be given the benefit of the doubt, he has now made the effort.

There's a lot of malice, and a lot of "what about me" in this thread. From how I read Joe's feedback, he seems to be very open to having a chat face to face at games. Why don't we try that?

I'll be at Brookie on Sunday. I promised Lewis Brown I'd be there. I might even see if I can seek out Joe, and get some of the answers people are keen to know, and shout him a beer.

Hopefully it stays sunny. Get a hot pie, some chips and a coldie and sit on the hill (I have a golden season ticket so sit on the fence at half way. Come and say hello !!!!).

Unfortunately I'll be there with three youngish girls. Hopefully they leave me alone to watch the game in peace and quiet ;)

Desperate for a win. We have dropped to 14th overnight, and as a club, we have 9 wins in 51 rounds of football from SG Ball up now.

Two. One was a standard email, the second to check if the first was received. Something happened last Friday night, so I made contact, and Joe replied.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very disappointed in the lack of communication prior to this, but like Manly, when you're only as good as your last game, Joe has to be given the benefit of the doubt, he has now made the effort.

There's a lot of malice, and a lot of "what about me" in this thread. From how I read Joe's feedback, he seems to be very open to having a chat face to face at games. Why don't we try that?

I'll be at Brookie on Sunday. I promised Lewis Brown I'd be there. I might even see if I can seek out Joe, and get some of the answers people are keen to know, and shout him a beer.

Hopefully it stays sunny. Get a hot pie, some chips and a coldie and sit on the hill (I have a golden season ticket so sit on the fence at half way. Come and say hello !!!!).

Unfortunately I'll be there with three youngish girls. Hopefully they leave me alone to watch the game in peace and quiet ;)

Desperate for a win. We have dropped to 14th overnight, and as a club, we have 9 wins in 51 rounds of football from SG Ball up now.
I agree with the malice stuff. I don't get why so much anger is directed at Kelly. He doesn't play. He doesn't coach. He organised a good sponsorship deal with what turned out to be a bunch of dicks but the dollars were good.

He's managed to, off a **** year last year mind you, get our membership to a record number for the club. Judge him on what he's there to do not the fact that the team hasn't played well.

It's like if you went to Coles and bought a rotten apple then went on the Wesfarmers hotcopper forum demanding the CEO resign because of it.

I agree with the malice stuff. I don't get why so much anger is directed at Kelly. He doesn't play. He doesn't coach. He organised a good sponsorship deal with what turned out to be a bunch of dicks but the dollars were good.

He's managed to, off a **** year last year mind you, get our membership to a record number for the club. Judge him on what he's there to do not the fact that the team hasn't played well.

It's like if you went to Coles and bought a rotten apple then went on the Wesfarmers hotcopper forum demanding the CEO resign because of it.

In most organisations the CEO is the boss. I am not certain of which area of the Manly organisation Kelly is allowed to be the boss of.

In most organisations the CEO is the boss. I am not certain of which area of the Manly organisation Kelly is allowed to be the boss of.
They are rarely the people who execute anything though. They are more strategy focused and are out there selling the business.

They are rarely the people who execute anything though. They are more strategy focused and are out there selling the business.

Point taken, but I am still uncertain which strategy the "hands on" Penn's would entrust to Kelly. I even think his recent response to match fixing was probably "approved" in advance.

I suspect at this club a CEO is a spare wheel, a functionary, a talking head and an employed in advance scapegoat.

If I am wrong, I apologise to Joe.

And if the new cup guys get beat you are done with manly if I recall correctly?

Actually, I haven't posted all week. I DID say I would be done for the season, yes.

That being said, those comments were made due to the form of the team, but also the disconnection with the club.

For that reason, it's only fair to everyone that I shared some positivity & good signs / news. I'm sorry if that has upset you.

It can't just all be negative. Yes, I could have kept it to myself, but don't we need to see some light in that tunnel. I'm glad others so the positivity of it.

Now, don't fear, I'm a bloke that sticks to their word, and I won't be sharing anything more this season if NSW Cup lose, so your hopes / aspirarions may be fulfilled.

As I say, the only reason I posted this thread, was to share something or a facet of the club people thought was gone. I didn't mean to upset you like I have, with you death riding me in the NSW Cup result.

You'll be done with me soon enough. You don't have to be petty and remind me and others what I said - I know it clear enough.

Actually, I haven't posted all week. I DID say I would be done for the season, yes.

That being said, those comments were made due to the form of the team, but also the disconnection with the club.

For that reason, it's only fair to everyone that I shared some positivity & good signs / news. I'm sorry if that has upset you.

It can't just all be negative. Yes, I could have kept it to myself, but don't we need to see some light in that tunnel. I'm glad others so the positivity of it.

Now, don't fear, I'm a bloke that sticks to their word, and I won't be sharing anything more this season if NSW Cup lose, so your hopes / aspirarions may be fulfilled.

As I say, the only reason I posted this thread, was to share something or a facet of the club people thought was gone. I didn't mean to upset you like I have, with you death riding me in the NSW Cup result.

You'll be done with me soon enough. You don't have to be petty and remind me and others what I said - I know it clear enough.
You could just not post about nsw cup if the team go down. What fun would there be on silver tails if there wasn't a daily post from @Ryan

I lost a little faith in Kelly when he said that as far as he was concerned Toovey would be around to see out the entirety of his contract.
I kind of feel sorry for him because I'm pretty sure he is a man of his word. Trouble is nowadays, I'm not sure whether they are his words when he speaks.

Hasn't upset me at all. I do find it curious that your support for the club (1) is dependent on our winning percentage and (2) can swing either way depending upon whether or not someone replies to an email, but whatever. To each his own. Cheers.

Extremely simple way of looking at it, I'll give you that. I clearly explained why I had run my coarse THIS SEASON on the website. Joe's E-mail to me doesn't change a thing @TerryRandall .

Secondly, I was here in the Jye Mullane / Jason Ferris / Dragan Durdevic / Gary Winter days, so don't tell me my support is dependent on winning percentage. How extremely shallow of you.

End of the day, this isn't about any of what you just wrote. It's about you rubbing your hands together, reminding everyone that I said I'd stop posting this season if all three grades lost again. Just petty, like I said - but as you reminded, each to their own.

I'll be at the game tomorrow, in the cold, wind, rain, hail - I don't care (I've been there and done that in very remote places). I'm sorry Joe hasn't replied to you, that's not in my control. How about you head down to Brookie, and have a chat with him? This is really what you're upset about, but it's not my fault.

@Ryan , renege on your decision mate , the forum won't be the same without you.

I know you are a man of your word BUT we all say things in the heat of the moment.

Come back soon.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4