Jersey Flegg

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Harvies elbow

I'm a country member....... " Yes we remember "
2017 Tipping Competitor
I read somewhere that this has now replaced the NYC. Can anyone enlighten me on the format of this comp i.e. duration etc.
Trying to get anything from anywhere else is a waste of time from what I've searched.
Not that you're dealing with a genius here.

From wiki...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jersey_Flegg_Cup#Jersey_Flegg_2018_-

It ceased at the end of the 2007 season to make way for the NRL's new Under 20s tournament, the National Youth Competition (referred to as the Toyota Cup, followed by the Holden Cup), which commenced in 2008., and was ceased in 2017. Follwoing this decision the NSWRL will bring back the Jersey Flegg for 2018.

genius

lol...cough hahaha
Thanks GE.
You get a funny and informative for that.
But how ridiculous is it. They axe things and bring them back and while I can understand the reason in this case to a degree they give no info on the details of the comp.
I suppose when they know we'll know.

I asked the same question a few weeks ago, and very few people knew anything, which is a joke considering the season is not too far away.
From what I understand the Jersey Flegg will be a NSW-based comp of 10 (I think) teams who will play the first match of three on game day - provided the opponent has a team. (The reserve grade, ie. our Workers team, will play before the First grade). I've not seen a draw or what happens when our first grade is playing a team without a Jersey Flegg side.
Is there a Reserve grade draw yet?
It seems mismanagement that the format of the three grades for the upcoming season is not yet publicised.

I asked the same question a few weeks ago, and very few people knew anything, which is a joke considering the season is not too far away.
From what I understand the Jersey Flegg will be a NSW-based comp of 10 (I think) teams who will play the first match of three on game day - provided the opponent has a team. (The reserve grade, ie. our Workers team, will play before the First grade). I've not seen a draw or what happens when our first grade is playing a team without a Jersey Flegg side.
Is there a Reserve grade draw yet?
It seems mismanagement that the format of the three grades for the upcoming season is not yet publicised.
Thanks. That's the most informative thing I've read on the matter.
And yeah it's unbelievable that they have nothing out there yet.
On the matter of having 3 games you can bet Brookie won't get too many despite the surface now being as good or better than the crap ANZ has served up.

I’m under the impression that the NSW Cup sides will have their respective U20s (Jersey Flegg) side. When the draw for the NSW Cup was released it said there’ll be a lot of double headers featuring Jersey Flegg games.

There are some more details on the NSWRL site now,looks like a 12 team competition,11 NSW teams and the Warriors.Bears will be the Rabbitohs side and Mounties will be the Raiders side,but the other 10 sides are all club sides and not affiliates.21 week competition with 35 minute halves,a few more details on the site if someone wants to paste here....

The NRL blew their revenue and flicked the reserves and U20s back to their respective state comps :cool:

All info is here:
://www.nswrl.com.au/news

Is the competition being televised?

In 2018 FOX LEAGUE and Channel 9 are increasing their commitment to the NSWRL’s blue-ribbon competition, the Intrust Super Premiership NSW. At this stage there is no plan to telecast the Jersey Flegg competition but NSWRL.com.au may live stream select matches throughout the season including the finals series.

How do I keep up to date on the Jersey Flegg Cup in 2018?

There will be full weekly highlights, news articles, feature stories and more appearing each week on NSWRL.com.au.

When will the 2018 Jersey Flegg Cup draw be released?

The 2018 Jersey Flegg draw will be released in coming weeks ahead of the competition. Stay locked on NSWRL.com.au for the latest information as it comes to hand.

Wow. The draw will be released before the competition starts. Now that is progressive NRL!
What a joke. We have to "stay locked in" in order to access information.
No television either, it seems.
The organisation is mindbogglingly bad.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8