Jennings in the waiting

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If thats the Jennings from the Rorters 2013 grand final team? Would be like Manly signing Adam McDougall, Ray Price or Terry Lamb. No thanks.

I'm hearing that Jennings is in the waiting to join Manly if Walker is found guilty in court at the end of Feb. Personally we don't have any other players to fill the centre position so I would take Jennings on a year contract.

A little uninspiring and is not in great form, but could be good on the cheap.

Still has decent speed and is strong but is 31 this year. Apparently he is contracted to the Eels for 800k per season at the moment... that is obscene money.

I think Anderson or Funa can't be too far away from their debuts either. To me they seem like better options, but I am aware that we also need more depth.

Even if the eels pick up half the bill he is still expensive.
I agree at $400k (1/2 price) he is still expensive. But the timing will be important. Let’s say we pay a nominal 1/2 price but pick him up (or any player for that matter) at the end of January. Manly’s share prorated over the salary cap year would be 75% of the 50% or $300k. Bring him in at the end of Feb and it is ~$250k.
All hypothetical I know and I probably just wasted energy thinking about the maths, but it is why I think the club will look to bring in the last 2 recruits closer to the start of the season (or even during the season) so as to reduce the impact on the salary cap.

As for whether I would pursue him, at the right price, sure (for me that is $300k prorated).

The first attribute I would be looking at in any potential outside back acquisition is defensive capability. If we can lock down the edges, that is obviously a major improvement on last year.

I'm hearing that Jennings is in the waiting to join Manly if Walker is found guilty in court at the end of Feb. Personally we don't have any other players to fill the centre position so I would take Jennings on a year contract.
So this is onky on the grounds if walker is sacked, suspended from manly??

If he's the best replacement for Walker we're likely to get I'm ok with it.

I just wouldn't want him for any more than 12 months.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7