Jason Ryles - would he fit into Manly?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagle-rock08

Reserve Grader
Just read in the paper he is being released by Easts for next year.

Do we have money under the cap?

Do we need another prop?

Would he fit into the Manly way of doing things?

No thanks.
We have King, Kite, Joe, Georgie, Mauro, Lussick, Skinner, Robinson, Cunningham and Palau.
That's plenty.

Too old, too many stupid penalties and errors. Nurture the plethora of young stars we have coming through.

WAMF said:
No thanks.
We have King, Kite, Joe, Georgie, Mauro, Lussick, Skinner, Robinson, Cunningham and Palau.
That's plenty.

It's a no from me too!

I'll also toss Stromquist into that list of props!

We are well placed to go B2B with the roster we already have.

GO MANLY!

I would say no way he's well passed his best ... pretty much exactly the same thing I said when got Joe G.

We have a remarkable ability to get the best out of players (Chris Bailey aside) and I'm sure we'd get plenty out of Ryles. That being said, no thanks. If he was a year or two younger maybe, and if we hand a run of injuries to our big men halfway through next year and he's available, I'd think about it. But at the moment, its a no.

mcatt said:
We wouldn't have the cap space, and we definately don't need to make the space for him.
We wouldn't even have a car space, let alone cap space ! the car parking is full.;)

While I don't think we need him I disagree about his ability. From the Easts' matches I saw he was one of their best, and always seemed to be putting in.

But his sacking has me puzzled. How can a club do this without paying out his remaining year in full? I understand if another club is willing to take Ryles at that price, or at a discount. I can't imagine Bellyache being prepared to pay much, leaving Easts without a player and it still impacting on their salary cap.

I'm sick of all these contracts being broken - on both sides. None of them seem to be binding.

Isn't that the guy who **** in his hand and threw it at people?.
Oh wait..no that was Nate Myles - sorry hehe they all look the same to me these roosters....

I prefer our current crop.

NYEagle

The Who said:
While I don't think we need him I disagree about his ability. From the Easts' matches I saw he was one of their best, and always seemed to be putting in.

But his sacking has me puzzled. How can a club do this without paying out his remaining year in full? I understand if another club is willing to take Ryles at that price, or at a discount. I can't imagine Bellyache being prepared to pay much, leaving Easts without a player and it still impacting on their salary cap.

I'm sick of all these contracts being broken - on both sides. None of them seem to be binding.

You are right about Ryles ability and his form of the past 2 seasons, he is just one of those players that the papers got stuck into a few years ago and regardless of how he plays, the general public will always say the same thing about him

This time last year I would have said yes if on the right money, now it would be a no, with the development of Robinson and Mauro being what it was this season

Kiwi unrelated to this thread but....

Was there any reason Joe was not considered for the Kiwi's?

I have absolutely no idea mate, maybe age is all I can guess, or possibly he may have switched over to Samoa at some stage, haven't heard his name mentioned at all

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2