Jane Try Renovation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Eagles Terrorist

Reserve Grader
Am I the only one that thinks the renovation to the northern end of the Jane Try stand actually looks quite good and sort of completes that whole grandstand.

WHen its finished at the front of it, it should be pretty good.

Happy to admit I was thinking it wouldn't have much impact, but was wrong.

The function room will be a great $$ earner for the club. Will have a great view through the glass up there.

It looks clapped together for mine, there is not real continuation its just a matter of, we will throw a stand up there and one here. they probably could have tied it in better

ET, yep the stand will look good when it's all finished.

I think the majority of the complaints have been with how long it's taking to complete the work on the grand stand extension & the new canteen.

I've got to admit, when I was last there for the Titans game, I commented to my old man how crap it looked, but seeing it again on Sunday with the extra work that's been done, I don't think it looks to bad at all.

Mals said:
I think the majority of the complaints have been with how long it's taking to complete the work on the grand stand extension & the new canteen.

At the least Canteen Worker will be happy.

Daniel said:
It looks clapped together for mine, there is not real continuation its just a matter of, we will throw a stand up there and one here. they probably could have tied it in better

Really? Take another look. It's a continuation of what was there, same roof line etc, with more modern viewing area and seating. Never as good as a knockdown rebuild, but given a small space, I'd have thought pretty good.

Mals said:

Maybe all the poor weather had an impact on that? Concrete needs to cure etc? Anyway, at least it's a step forward instead of nothing.

Mals said:

Maybe all the poor weather had an impact on that? Concrete needs to cure etc? Anyway, at least it's a step forward instead of nothing.

Personally, I think it's an embarrassment that so much money is being spent on an extra few seats. It should have been extended right around to the scoreboard. There should also have been a decent concourse built.

Eagle Eyed Cherry said:
Personally, I think it's an embarrassment that so much money is being spent on an extra few seats. It should have been extended right around to the scoreboard. There should also have been a decent concourse built.

But there wasn't any more money to do that was there? Maybe small steps but at least they are stepping.

What was the budget do you know, and how many extra seats, corporate space did we get?

It's vital to look after the corporates and by adding some extra under cover seats along the way at least that side of the ground is covered.

We all know the bigger picture is what you suggest and then there's the argument for a stand on the hill side.

But while we still don't pack out the ground all the time, who's going to invest in that?

Eagles Terrorist said:
Eagle Eyed Cherry said:

But there wasn't any more money to do that was there? Maybe small steps but at least they are stepping.

What was the budget do you know, and how many extra seats, corporate space did we get?

It's vital to look after the corporates and by adding some extra under cover seats along the way at least that side of the ground is covered.

We all know the bigger picture is what you suggest and then there's the argument for a stand on the hill side.

But while we still don't pack out the ground all the time, who's going to invest in that?

I believe the total funding allocated to Brookvale Oval was somewhere in the vicinity of $10 million. This included upgrading the dressing rooms, a general facelift & clean-up, new Corporate facilities in the Arko stand, improvement to the playing surface & the extension to the Jane Try stand with total all up new seating - 200 in corporate areas & 260 in the Jane try.

I ask you is this good value for money?

Eagle Eyed Cherry said:
Eagles Terrorist said:
Eagle Eyed Cherry said:

I believe the total funding allocated to Brookvale Oval was somewhere in the vicinity of $10 million. This included upgrading the dressing rooms, a general facelift & clean-up, new Corporate facilities in the Arko stand, improvement to the playing surface & the extension to the Jane Try stand with total all up new seating - 200 in corporate areas & 260 in the Jane try.

I ask you is this good value for money?

Hard to comment on the players area because I don't get in there. The playing surface seems to be having some negative feedback, but I'm not sure if that's just becuase its been wet.

Are you sure the whole $10mill was spent on these items?

But overall if it was, and it was all done, yep, I'd have thought reasonable

I had a good look on Sunday from the concourse in front of the Fulton-Menzies stand.

For mine, there is zero flow from one stand to the next. The extension looks ok but it seems like a hell of a lot of money for what's been done.

You can really tell it has been largely ignored by federal and state governments for decades.

Worst ground in Sydney. Compared to Parramatta Stadium, which granted was totally rebuilt, is an absolute embarrassment.

Its about time they stumped up the money to do the job right.

The only embarrassment at Brookie is on the faces of opposition players after walking off, smashed by the mighty Eagles.
It may not be the prettiest ground, but it is the best to watch football at.

I dont get the constant desire to upgrade the ground. Maintain I say. The grimey dirty nature of the joint is all part of the charm. Its what makes watching footy on a Sunday arvo so enjoyable. It is a stadium that is full of history and passion, much in the same way to Fenway Park in the MLB.

I like it. The extension 'anchors' into the old part of the Stand via the new corporate facilities at the back, which extend across where that old corporate lounge was located. It will look much more impressive when the new concourse seating is built - from the KA Stand right along that western side. The footings are already in place for that in front of the extension.

The new kiosk and toilet areas under the extension are very large and will leave the old 'facilities' in that part of the ground for dead.

Whilst it's nowhere near enough, it's a good start.

Try this link to see the current architectural masterplan:

http://www.s-tz.com.au/projects/civic/item/57-brookvale

If you hover and click over the smaller images, you can actually make sense of it (larger image). Masterplan Option 02 is what they've been working to.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6