Jamil and Hastings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I thought i read somewhere that the dogs are looking at Hastings.

For me... I dunno, probably in the minority but Hastings was just too much trouble and we also stood by Jamil who had to do some post gaol stuff to get back playing again but couldn't be bothered. then off to the broncos and he completed everything.

So... from the outside they can both go jump, but those on the inside would be privy to more.

They can play though!

edit: add something about salary cap here....

Last edited:
But a source close to Hastings has told Wide World of Sports that the son of Roosters legend Kevin 'Horrie' Hastings won't be joining the Warriors - even though they are certain to offer him more money than any other club.

"He wants to come back to Australia, preferably to a strong club," the source said.

"It won't be the Warriors."

The Bulldogs are also keen on Hastings, but may re-sign back-to-form halfback Kieran Foran instead.

Ravaged by injury in recent seasons, Foran looked a spent force before COVID-19.

But he has worked hard on his body and looked good since the game resumed, putting forward his case for a new deal with his performances on the field.

Jamil has too many fumbles in his game and you can leave me out on Hastings... there has been a real 'bring back' flavour lately... Foran, Green, Hopoate, Hastings... Who's next? Barrett and Myles??

I'm not a fan of going back to go forward... once you put a different jersey on you are no longer part of the Manly culture imo... Jesus, I've only just got used to having Des-the-traitor back and your telling me I might have to accept Foran-the-Judas?

No thanks... I'd rather a 42yo Maloney that has managed to leave 39 clubs on good terms....

I thought i read somewhere that the dogs are looking at Hastings.

For me... I dunno, probably in the minority but Hastings was just too much trouble and we also stood by Jamil who had to do some post gaol stuff to get back playing again but couldn't be bothered. then off to the broncos and he completed everything.

So... from the outside they can both go jump, but those on the inside would be privy to more.

They can play though!

edit: add something about salary cap here....
Hastings was treated like $hit by Barrett!!! I’ll never forget what the guy went thru & how the blame was put on him! Hastings showed he can play & under Des I think he’d be great!! Barrett can go f¥ck himself for what he did to the guy.

We need a replacement for thommo and we need a half. Jamil hoppa wants out of broncos and Hastings wants back to Australia. He would be a great half and DCE can play 5/8
Jamil is bad
Hastings won't want to come back

We do need someone to step into Joel T's position next year, but no need to purchase anyone. We have Waddell, Olakau'atu and Gosiewski to step up. Moving Parker to 2nd row and Walker back to center, move DCE 5/8 and spend $$$ on a no 7. Problem solved.

Wish them good luck ... but both just reserve grade .... Neither are good enough to spend money on ..

You may be onto something there @Woodsie, he had huge wraps as a youngster at the Steelers, then off to the Chooks as they do...but when they jettison someone you know there's some sort of baggage.
I had my fingers crossed when we signed him but alas his personality traits followed him.
Yes, there are different types of cats but playing less than 40 games of first grade in five seasons of NRL kind of tells you something with he talent he has.
Yes, he was man of steel in the ESL but so were Rangi Chase and Ben Barba - they've all had a really good season in them and are super talented but also careers with off field dramas.

There's more to having talent and redemption story.
Look at the baggage that follows Lodge at the Broncs, Jamil is the same.
It's the main reason AFB was punted from the Drags, luckily we got him but he's still right on the edge.

Walker will be back in 4 to 6 weeks and then we have schuey who I would he giving first crack.

We have jetski who is potentially and option to replace Thommo or we could look around. There are a lot of guys who play 2nd row.

If the interchange drops again we need a 2nd rower who can play 80.

Couldn’t think of two worse players to add back to the team. Jamil was a disaster for the Broncos and Hastings departure wasn’t the best.

There is no way that Hastings will play for our team especially if DCE is in it. I think 2018 showed how much that conflict spilt the team. Hoppa moved on from our club and our club has moved on from him.

I would like to see Des blood Schuster at some stage so we have other half options. I would persist with Cust too as he is only going to get better.

We have plenty of back row talent too. I think what we need is a utility back and Alex Johnson from Souths would be a good buy if hes available.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6