james-segeyaro walks out on Leeds

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

damiennp90

Bencher
Hi Pals.

I know we don't need a hooker ;). But find this interesting.

Seems that contracts really do mean nothing these days.

Sandow now James just not turning up and saying their homesick is shocking.

Maybe I'm reading to much into it but think it'd be a lot different if it happened here.

Paper today reporting they are suing Segy and have thumped a $400k transfer fee on him to doubly **** him up.

This would place the cost to any new club ridiculous.

Good on Rhinos.

Paper today reporting they are suing Segy and have thumped a $400k transfer fee on him to doubly **** him up.

This would place the cost to any new club ridiculous.

Good on Rhinos.

Correct me if I am wrong, but how will Leeds enforce it?

If segy comes home, he is out of England and therefore outside of English law? or do we and the poms have some sort of agreement?

So in theory as long as he stays out of the UK, he can walk?

Not a good look though.

If segy comes home, he is out of England and therefore outside of English law? or do we and the poms have some sort of agreement?

Not a good look though.

Short answer is I have no idea of the laws, but I think there are international agreements in Rugby League where he would not get an NRL clearance if there was a dispute with an English club. It is not like going to Rugby Union a completely different sport.

The article however specifically stated that Leeds had engaged an Australian Law firm.

My father in law walked out on Leeds years ago to come to Australia. Actually, most of his family did. It's a bit of a hole, but hey - we'll always have the overspending O'Leary era to look back on fondly...

I respect the amount of courage that it took you to come out and admit you married a pommy.

It is through selfless people like you, that one day, we may all consider and treat pommies as normal people.

Happy for Leeds to force the issue here

Clubs have to honour contracts if the player isn't happy to move on and the player should do the same if the club is unwilling to release

Not a good look though.
Same way that the Dogs enforced SBW contract, sure French Rugby might have told the Dogs to get nicked, but Sonny Bill had an enforceable contract, which meant that the only way he could play rugby was to compensate the Dogs, around $750,000 from memory.
Anyway, no way would the NRL register a contract if the player was under contract, Super League or otherwise.

Anyway, no way would the NRL register a contract if the player was under contract, Super League or otherwise.[/QUOTE]
Unless Greenburg thinks the dogs need a hooker.

So many players just walking out on contracts
I'M not sure on what the rules are at the NRL
But it must come a time when the Governing body states that if it is not a mutual split the player must stand down from playing till there contract expires
It may make players think twice before signing there contracts

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7