James excited by Titans 'reboot'

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mozgrame

Engorged member
There are so many new faces at the Titans that Ryan James almost feels like the odd man out but the rugged forward said a revamped playing roster and enhanced coaching staff has put every player on notice after week one of pre-season training.

After Josh Hoffman and Luke Douglas rejoined the squad on Thursday after overseas holidays Knights recruit Tyrone Roberts made his first appearance at a Titans session on Friday having driven up from Newcastle on Thursday.

While players such as William Zillman, Nathan Friend and Zeb Taia continue on modified programs as they recover from surgeries and niggling injuries, the majority of the squad were put through a gruelling session of hill sprints at North Burleigh on Friday.

For Greg Bird it represents his earliest start to a pre-season since 2010 while young players such as Shane Wright, Jeff Lynch and Brian Kelly took their chance to impress coach Neil Henry and new high performance staff Matt Ford and Sean Edwards.

The Titans' 10th NRL season is designed to be one that reinvigorates the club and James said the established members of the Gold Coast squad know there are no longer any guarantees regarding their place in the team.

"We've got a lot of different players this year and having basically a whole new squad and a whole new training staff is like a reboot of the system," James told NRL.com.

"Me and 'Zilly' and 'Meady' (David Mead) were sitting and having coffee the other day and we felt like it was a whole new team and a new start.

"Everyone's here to prove a point and hopefully we can do that in this off-season, get fit and healthy and really push our way into the season.

"It was hard on day one to try and remember everyone's names and that's taken me two or three days. It's good because there are probably about 15 new faces so just getting around and getting to know the boys and trying to make those connections.

"Obviously the players that were here are already good mates and we need to branch out and make sure we're all one and all the boys seem to be getting along quite well at the moment."

James spent the vast majority of last season in the back row for the Titans before a return to the front row in the last game of the season against North Queensland.

The arrival of David Shillington from Canberra and Zeb Taia from Catalans puts further pressure on the incumbents and James said those who work the hardest throughout the summer will get their rewards in Round 1.

"It certainly does [give training an extra edge] because your spot's not safe," James said.

"They've bought a lot more second-rowers and a lot more front-rowers and they're probably still in the market for a couple so we just have to train our hardest and try and lead from the front and do what we've done since we've been here.

"We've got Ryan Simpkins coming back from injury and Zeb Taia who are just those players who can fit in anywhere and are great players.

"There is going to be a lot of competition for spots this year which is going to be good for the team."

http://www.nrl.com/james-excited-by-titans-reboot/tabid/10874/newsid/90811/default.aspx

Bump. (lol)

Well, it is the off season and this is a footy forum. Just trying to give you lot something different to read until we get to season 2016. Doesn't hurt to know what the opposition is doing. Some of you should be very grateful that there is something new on here for you to whinge about. @:p

I guess its good to know something about the opposition teams so that you can sense how they can be crushed under foot, dismembered and thrown aside...politely of course.

Every club has a fluff piece like this at the start of every off season. It's great to meet the new boys, lots of young talent mixed in with a few older experienced heads, the coaching staff are well assembled and have pushed us harder than ever before, it's exciting, blah blah blah.

I reckon it was a good post. Reading that puts into perspective how lucky we are, that even though our club has been ripped apart and rebuilt we have a lot to look forward to as opposed to the likes of the poor old Titans. When Nathan Friend and Tyrone Roberts are your heralded off season signings its going to be a long year.

I hate to break it to you but this is not a 'Manly Sea Eagles' forum but a 'Rugby League Discussion' forum but as we are Manly Sea Eagle supporters, it is only logical that most of the discussion would be on our team. :)

God I love you, Jethro! Where the hell have you been?? I was about to go off @Ryan style. HEY...Ryan Stiles!! Hands up, who likes..."Whose line is it anyway?". LOL!!!

I'm pissed! :party:

I hate to break it to you but this is not a 'Manly Sea Eagles' forum but a 'Rugby League Discussion' forum but as we are Manly Sea Eagle supporters, it is only logical that most of the discussion would be on our team. :)
Is there a Logic App so some of us can learn to be logical?:p I often find logic difficult when there's just so much fun to be had out there.:D

I think this could be the worst off-season buys I've ever seen! They will win their standard three games in a row to give the fans some hope, then it's a flogathon from then on. Sitting around drinking coffee with the boys will be replaced by sitting around doing lines with the boys. Playing appearances on the park, will be outnumbered by appearances at Southport courthouse.

Afl pumping millions into the suns, Nrl pumping millions into the titans.Not to mention all the other millions pumped into the soccer,baseball,basketball teams that have all failed on the GC. But apparently having a successful team on the coast is the bees knees... Just accept that you have failed and create a new team where it's wanted.. CQ, Perth, Adelaide or another NZ team..

Afl pumping millions into the suns, Nrl pumping millions into the titans.Not to mention all the other millions pumped into the soccer,baseball,basketball teams that have all failed on the GC. But apparently having a successful team on the coast is the bees knees... Just accept that you have failed and create a new team where it's wanted.. CQ, Perth, Adelaide or another NZ team..
Qld and commonwealth govs also pump billions into the place - look at their roads and facilities. Yet it still doesn't work as a city, and parts of it are downright scary. What is it with the Gold Coast money pit?

I'm not sure were this nrl/govt money is?...certainly not in the signings. The state govt sting the Titans for rent just as much as warringah council on Manly.
They shut down a grandstand last year due to poor patronage and trying to offset operational costs...won't be surprised to see one grandstand open and anyone else that turns up can bring their deck chairs.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6