The Take on Jake

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Change of position probably won "t be happening in the short term at least but must be some imperative to change his present lack luster attacking style and role . Don ;t think that he will ever let the side down with his defensive efforts and ability but the way he is being used with attacking options these days is basically school boy tactics . Really also should be able to have better control over his ruck discipline with his experience level now . Not too sure what was going wrong to ignore and not utilize often the obvious threat that Hamole and Suli could have posed on the left edge but that was one of the main frustrations for me and it should have been apparent to Jake [ and D C E for that matter Schuster [ or Siro ] may be more effective at 13 even now but unlikely again in the short term and Hamole should be in the starting side going forward . Jake should be in the pack somewhere but if he stays at 13 , just again has to be providing a more positive input .
Actually that should have been right edge for Suli and Haumole

Even the Kennel is laughing

One thing I like about the kennel is their pinned potential recruitment thread.. not a bad idea.would make other threads more relevant to their titles??@Dan
Also perhaps if people find it appropriate we could have a punting forum on here? Where people can post their bets and multis etc.. discuss the punting side/aspect of the game

Yeh I have a soft spot for the Bulldogs. Always been a strong club and the supporters are some of the best.

Jake needs a stint as a 55 minutes prop.

What I would like to see is Shuster given a go off the bench. His ball playing is far far superior to Jake.

Give him a role like Peachy. Peachy use to come off the bench and play a roving lock type role. Schuster could provide that ball playing ability and would greatly benefit DCE as Schuster could provide the first receiver type role and play out the back to DCE who looks better when he runs into it.

Of course still comes down to forwards making in roads. Thought Marty was having a great game last night and Paeska as did Guac. Making good meters

Also Tigers. Manly Dogs and Tigers all three get royally shafted by the ref week in week out so there's common ground haha

Very true.. but our points are still warranted

100% mate. Injuries weren’t an excuse last year and we were able to win our fair share of matches. Jake’s form has certainly been down and his play in general has become quite predictable at times.

One thing I like about the kennel is their pinned potential recruitment thread.. not a bad idea.would make other threads more relevant to their titles??@Dan
Also perhaps if people find it appropriate we could have a punting forum on here? Where people can post their bets and multis etc.. discuss the punting side/aspect of the game
Like this one?

Like this one?

Not as much the one on the kennell is a thread for people to discuss peoples ideas or potential targets in recruitment.

Jake needs to be moved to prop. He's no longer a lock in the modern game who needs to be big, strong, fast and ball playing skills ,almost a 2nd 5/8. Now Schuster fits that nicely but we all know Des just won't take a risk and pick him. The only other who could do it is Sirro, unfortunately injury is cruelling him again. Jake is just a battering ram these days and is wasting the lock position. Give him 30 min each half and use Sirro , Cust, Olakuatu and Suli to break open wide defenses.

Change of position probably won "t be happening in the short term at least but must be some imperative to change his present lack luster attacking style and role . Don ;t think that he will ever let the side down with his defensive efforts and ability but the way he is being used with attacking options these days is basically school boy tactics . Really also should be able to have better control over his ruck discipline with his experience level now . Not too sure what was going wrong to ignore and not utilize often the obvious threat that Hamole and Suli could have posed on the left edge but that was one of the main frustrations for me and it should have been apparent to Jake [ and D C E for that matter Schuster [ or Siro ] may be more effective at 13 even now but unlikely again in the short term and Hamole should be in the starting side going forward . Jake should be in the pack somewhere but if he stays at 13 , just again has to be providing a more positive input .
Jake just needs to play the way he did last year!!!!!!!! Our first try came with him taking the ball to the line & offloading to DCE! Pass the fvcking ball instead of just taking the tackle. At least then the momentum continues. Even with the backs we have the points would come!

Its blatantly obvious it is a combination of coaching, a lack of options around him and a slight dip in form.

But by all means, be petulant and pile on the heart and soul of the club.

If he left, and 15 clubs would take him, you would quickly realize what we are missing.

Last edited:
So Jake has lost all 8 games at ANZ. Maybe if he'd stop giving away penalties he might get that win. Been a year for hoodos and records to tumble. Let's hope this one goes too.

So Jake has lost all 8 games at ANZ. Maybe if he'd stop giving away penalties he might get that win. Been a year for hoodos and records to tumble. Let's hope this one goes too.
Good odds and will give a sight mate - im on!!

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6