• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Everyone knows that Jake is arguably the single best tackler in the NRL. We know it, the media knows it, the opposition and their fans know it. But yesterday it was like he took it to another level. Even before Tom went off, Jake was just destroying any Souffs player who dared run at him, especially if their last name was Burgess. He was full on beast mode yesterday.

And that hit on Campbell Graham turned the game. Fully legal, just folded him in half and caused him to drop the ball cold (and all credit to Manase Fainu for having the presence of mind to pick the ball up and just bolt for the line).

Graham doesn't drop that ball and Fainu doesn't score under the posts, its as simple as that. It was the game changer, especially as our attack had been blunted with Tom going off injured.

I know I have been on Jake's case in the past about his sooking when things go against us and that is the main reason why I don't think he should be captain of the team just yet. But this year he seems to have matured a lot and is just getting on with playing the game. He's finally becoming the leader that he should be.

Especially with De Belin not playing, if Jake isn't the NSW and Kangaroos starting lock this year then both Fittler and Meninga should be sacked.

Last edited:
Just watching the Sunday Footy Show (its on delay in Adelaide so as not to come up against the AFL's version which is shown live) and Brad Fittler said that Campbell Graham was dumb running at Jake who was just destroying anything in a red, green and white jumper.

He said that Jake was the last player anyone should be running at.

He was right.

Your post is 100% correct.
Jake showed how you can attack with your defence - and do it will copybook low tackles.
These days with the way players dance instead of tackle is allowing more offloads than ever before.
I hope Jake's tackling technique will rub off on the rest of the players. We don;t have to be like Melbourne and hold-grapple-cuddle-lower-then-fall-and-hold on players.
How many helpers did Igor, Imamartian, Beaver and Alan Thompson need to fell an opposition player?
I'd love to see more of this dynamic grass-cutter tacking return.

Everyone knows that Jake is arguably the single best tackler in the NRL. We know it, the media knows it, the opposition and their fans know it. But yesterday it was like he took it to another level. Even before Tom went off, Jake was just destroying any Souffs player who dared run at him, especially if their last name was Burgess. He was full on beast mode yesterday.

And that hit on Campbell Graham turned the game. Fully legal, just folded him in half and caused him to drop the ball cold (and all credit to Manase Fainu for having the presence of mind to pick the ball up and just bolt for the line).

Graham doesn't drop that ball and Fainu doesn't score under the posts, its as simple as that. It was the game changer, especially as our attack had been blunted with Tom going off injured.

I know I have been on Jake's case in the past about his sooking when things go against us and that is the main reason why I don't think he should be captain of the team just yet. But this year he seems to have matured a lot and is just getting on with playing the game. He's finally becoming the leader that he should be.

Especially with De Belin not playing, if Jake isn't the NSW and Kangaroos starting lock this year then both Fittler and Meninga should be sacked.
Fainu’s fend to bump off Johnston on the way to the tryline wasn’t too shabby either

For mine, Jake is a throwback to the old style front rower. Not the thug type with the beer belly look-a-like, but the one with a big motor who just keeps running and tackling hard for 80 minutes and doesn't need to be subbed off after 20 minutes.

As a front rower (lets face it, lock forward today is just having an extra prop on the field) I personally liken him to Glenn Lazarus. The more he plays, the better he gets.

Saw Fatty at the game yesterday.

Jake reminds me of him.

Tireless defender who always gave his all even in a losing game :clap:
We saw Fatty walking past in the car park before the match. He said g’day as he went by. I agree with the comparison, Fatty was a classic defender too.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6