The Jurbo Journal - (just a really nice Jake thread)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who should be Manly's captain (from now) ?

• DCE

Votes: 23 29.9%
  • Jake T

Votes: 54 70.1%

• Total voters
Jake is our anchor man in defence and in his absence our middle at times has been exposed. With Jake back we have the best back row in the competition - Gauc, Schu & Jake.
i agree. I used to always say play jake for 50 - 60 mins for his impact... but now with attacking threats on each edge in our back row I honestly see jake's value as 80 mins even if its purely just from the defensive side of things.

He is so crucial to our defence and his passing at first receiver is much slicker than any other middle forward we have (dylan included)... happy for the punch in his runs to be reduced a bit at the expense of defensive workload... given that wasn't a massively important part of his game anyways. Plus he gets a quick play the ball.

I still haven't got over when Trent Barrett rested Jake for a match against Souths. Damn McInnes scored two tries right through the centre of our tryline defence.

Yeah absurd beat-up. It also says ball boys don’t have any affiliation with the teams.

That is bull****, for example Scott and Brett Fulton were ball boys, Adam Reynolds, furners - the list is a mile long.

often they were in Official team photos.

Bit rich no affliliation with any club, maybe pull up Adam Gee to remain neutral. Then get ball boys to do the job, rather tom sit and rest than jog/run in joggers on a cooler night for no benefit to the club.

Seriously Jake is the vice captain doing the comp a favour and jumped from joy when his team scored. What a nothing story.

Seriously why do the NRL always try to kill off anything that brings a bit of colour to the game.

The NRL can't have watched a RU international over the past decade. There's nearly always reserve players joining in the post try team celebrations.

Watch here as France actually had 16 players on the field when an excited reserve player almost stopped his own team scoring a try by running into the ingoal. If this happens in the NRL the bunker would probably rule no try and kill all the emotion.

Rather than focussing on celebrations from Lattrel or Jake and Turbo the NRL, I think should have been focussing on the dogs ball boy getting involved with the Lewis / Walker rumble pulling players off. Not sure who it was but ended up in there.
That is the line the NRL should not want the players as ball boys to cross.

Though would be good to see @:D

Or maybe they could have a word with John Sutton who is spending a lot of time on the field telling the players where to stand, it’s like he never retired.

Or maybe they could have a word with John Sutton who is spending a lot of time on the field telling the players where to stand, it’s like he never retired.
He must be good mates with Alfie who seems to be on the field from the kickoff through to the 80th minute.

Mind you whatever he’s telling the Broncos isn’t working.

What's the world coming to, fair dinkum. If the 'ballboys' were from another club there'd be no story but, as usual, it's one rule for Manly and one for everyone else :mad:

NRL Head of Football Graham Annesley has urged players acting as ball boys to "not get too exuberant" and start "barracking or cheering" for their teammates.

Jerk.

I questioned whether to channel my inner mickqld and give the asterisk symbol a workout but simply... jerk will do.

talk about the nrl running scared of a decent Manly showing.

You keep pushing the players around, soon they'll just say they're going home.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4