The Jurbo Journal - (just a really nice Jake thread)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who should be Manly's captain (from now) ?

• DCE

Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Jake T

Votes: 55 70.5%

• Total voters
So there is a world where we have both captains? Has that ever happened before?

~bump~

After the last few days of comments regarding Jake and his 'obstruction' call, it made me wonder if Jake is playing footy in the wrong era.

More specifically: "Jake is playing football in the wrong era" - is probably a better title.

I think he's born too late and would prefer times back in the day where Jack Gibson would say "Played hard, done good"

Back when you don't throw your arms up after every tackle (Gutherson)
Back when you didn't walk 2 metres off the mark (Latrell)
Back when you weren't a whining little flopping cheating git (moses).

The game was played tough and hard.

Now it's all about finding loopholes in every rule and exploiting them as refs are just too stupid to rule 'the game.'

Remember when the nrl cracked down on defensive players getting in the way of passes from dummy half? One weekend a player (Parra probably) threw the ball straight down from dummy half, into a defensive player on the ground, and the defensive player got penalised!! That was so bad the nrl had to change the rule-ish.

Or when Parra started using the captains challenge to cover their own mistakes
Or when 'coincidentally' a Parra forward always had a 'head knock' around the 20 min mark, getting a free interchange.
Or the storm basically inventing numerous tackles to hurt players.

It's like Jake was made for the old, honourable times, people like moses (and others) are made for the current loophole, whining, diving times.

Now that said, Jake has to learn not to get involved in the defensive line, or anywhere near it because the players of today will walk / run into him if the ball starts coming their way.

We saw it, some are happy with it, some aren't - I'm not putting a case forward either way.

I just wonder if Jake sits at home sometimes wishing for a simpler time of honourable play?

Ok coffee has worn off.

Go Manly!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7