The Jurbo Journal - (just a really nice Jake thread)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who should be Manly's captain (from now) ?

• DCE

Votes: 23 29.9%
  • Jake T

Votes: 54 70.1%

• Total voters
Keppie going home for a baby so out for 3 weeks and Aloio likely to get a few weeks. We may need another prop. Woods?

Marty, Paseka and Tof. A 3 man rotation will do me. Also any news on De Luis?

Jake was good enough to play their in Origin, he can be our backup with Lawton and maybe Sirro to com back. Of Jetski will be on Des' radar.

yea Jake was put in the prop rotation yesterday. We pretty much had 6 props in our 17. We stacked and crowded in the front row department. I like Walker coming into lock a lot. Creates an extra dynamic in attack, needs to work on defence though. Middle defence takes a while to get used to for someone who has been a back for their whole career. So it will come for him. But for the future, two props is enough on the bench, Aloiai and Sipley or Keppie, still can't choose between them :(

Walker can play prop . He is not a back any more . He cant run and score tries
We need Parkers speed out wide

LOL. I almost spat out my glass of water :rofl:

It's funny, at the end of the first half when Tommy broke thru, he had a choice to pass on inside to DCE or out to Parker. He passed to Parker and EVERY player caught Parker.
DCE would have scored. Tommy is too nice for his own good.

Speed kills, so does a lack of it

I like Jake and want him in the squad, but for me there is little doubt he is very overpriced.

In defense there is no issue at all. However in attack he isn't very quick or dynamic as our other edge forwards, and isn't big enough as a prop. Neither here nor there.

Or maybe he was just underdone. Or both.

I haven't seen a new Jake thread to go with the 147.

So time 4 a new one!!

Hope Jake has a great game this weekend and smashes a few of the Tigers players.
We have missed his defence around the ruck since he has been gone.

I have also missed the refs calling out Jake, Jake, Jake!!! @:D
I dont think Walker would agree... :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

LOL. I almost spat out my glass of water :rofl:

It's funny, at the end of the first half when Tommy broke thru, he had a choice to pass on inside to DCE or out to Parker. He passed to Parker and EVERY player caught Parker.
DCE would have scored. Tommy is too nice for his own good.

Speed kills, so does a lack of it
Good morning feathered friend and Sea eagle Speed lover

Speed definitely gives the player the edge

The Fact is ....
There is no substitution for running speed within any ground based sports (such as Soccer / Cricket / Rugby League / Rugby Union / Netball / Basketball / Hockey / AFL / NFL / Baseball / Volleyball / Track & Field Tennis & Many more).

Athletes that possess superior speed always have a tremendous advantage over athletes that don’t.

Speed Kills and the faster you go . The bigger the mediocre mess you leave behind .

I am off to the local park to do some speed sprint training .
Have a great day and God Speed every one .

Fly high like a Sea eagle and score a run away Try !!!

download (4).jpg

I haven't seen a new Jake thread to go with the 147.

So time 4 a new one!!

Hope Jake has a great game this weekend and smashes a few of the Tigers players.
We have missed his defence around the ruck since he has been gone.

I have also missed the refs calling out Jake, Jake, Jake!!! @:D

I'm not starting the 148th thread so I'll stick this here:

The other Trbojevic was great too
While Tom won man of the match and all the plaudits for Manly’s mashing of the Roosters on Friday night, the elder Trbojevic was just as instrumental in the Sea Eagles putting that early space between them and their feathered opponent.

Jake T was almost perfect in defence and bent the Roosters every time he carried the ball. His 119 metres was second for Manly forwards and his 30 tackles with only one miss tied for the most on his team. He did his best work early when the game was hot and helped his faster teammates to make hay with the constant stream of possession.

Early on in the season when Manly were getting flogged and V’landysball was in its early stages Jake Trbojevic was named as one who might have had the faster game pass him by. That call has turned out to be quite incorrect.

AJ Mithen
the roar

I'm not starting the 148th thread so I'll stick this here:

The other Trbojevic was great too
While Tom won man of the match and all the plaudits for Manly’s mashing of the Roosters on Friday night, the elder Trbojevic was just as instrumental in the Sea Eagles putting that early space between them and their feathered opponent.

Jake T was almost perfect in defence and bent the Roosters every time he carried the ball. His 119 metres was second for Manly forwards and his 30 tackles with only one miss tied for the most on his team. He did his best work early when the game was hot and helped his faster teammates to make hay with the constant stream of possession.

Early on in the season when Manly were getting flogged and V’landysball was in its early stages Jake Trbojevic was named as one who might have had the faster game pass him by. That call has turned out to be quite incorrect.

AJ Mithen
the roar
Agree. Our spine was sensational and everything clicked. Croker led the forwards brilliantly, worked the Roosters pack over really nice directing our big boys in to em all night. Jake took advantage on that room and ate up the meters without overplaying his hand. DCE and Tom then had a real night out. Dessy was clearly chuffed and had 9,7 and 1 in cotton wool as soon as he could perched up on the sideline. If we are as good again up front this week , we are in the big one.

Jake has been our most un-sung hero this year.
Less flash and more hard work.
Love him he is the heart and soul of the team, almost as important as Tom. Interestingly Sporting news ranked the no 13’s the other day. Cameron Murray was no 1 which was spot on however Jake came in at number 9. Ahead of him was Nathan Brown, Rudolph and Connor Watson. What a joke. 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Love him he is the heart and soul of the team, almost as important as Tom. Interestingly Sporting news ranked the no 13’s the other day. Cameron Murray was no 1 which was spot on however Jake came in at number 9. Ahead of him was Nathan Brown, Rudolph and Connor Watson. What a joke. 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️
If sporting news rank Jake 9th best lock....they are f**ked in the head and have so little idea, they believe rugby league is a water sport.

Hahahaha what??? Serious?

I can understand arguments for jake 4th to 5th considering some of the quality, but 9th!

For me its
1 Murray
2 Jake
3 Yeo
4 Radley
5 Taumalolo
The rest
Those 5 are all beasts and you'd be happy with any one of them at your club (although some will say they would never want Radley, but he is unreal if he could cut the crap out of his game). At their best, it's a struck match between them.

The try by Foz against Sths was set up so sublimely by Jake, knew Tom was just lurking back a bit of his left, Tommy hit it full throttle through the gap, Foz trailing Tommy says thank you, try scored. My favourite try of the game.

Interested in other opinions here but I cant help feeling that Jake is not being properly utilised. Let me say right at the outset that he is easily my absolute favourite player in the team and he would be my first pick week in and week out. His defence is 2nd to none and a must have in the forwards. But here is my dilemma / frustration....I don't see him as a middle forward and I don't see him as a 2nd rower. As a middle forward in attack, I think he is restricted by his size / weight / leg drive while as a wide running 2nd rower, I am not sure he has the pace or power. This was more than obvious when we played the bigger sides towards the end of the season and in particular when Walker came on off the bench. It felt like we had only one middle forward taking the ball up while the opposition had 3. Our forward momentum declined sharply and I thought that's where we lost the forward battle.

So, if I had a magic wand and Jake was a couple of kilo's lighter, I would seriously consider re-inventing him as a hooker. We get the best of his defence in the middle, he expends far less energy in running and getting bashed for very limited metres AND we then have the "luxury" of having a bigger more mobile 3rd middle forward in the pack. Imaging a front row of Alio Olio, Jake and Keppie with Haumole and the Shu in the 2nd row and locked by a Bullymore or heaven forbid, Paseka. Bench would have at least two other big boppers in Marty / Sipley / Boyle. Now there's a premiership winning pack that I reckon would get us moving forward throughout most of the match!!

Am I smoking that funny stuff again??

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4