The Jurbo Journal - (just a really nice Jake thread)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who should be Manly's captain (from now) ?

• DCE

Votes: 23 29.9%
  • Jake T

Votes: 54 70.1%

• Total voters
this is what I can't stand about rugby league 'journos'.

Annesley doesn't explicitly mention the Trbojevic boys at all yet the rooster loving writer and the other drongos at ch 9 make sure the article has a big pic of Tom and Jake front and centre (center..lol)

In fact the accompanying vid is the one showing Mitchell celebrating with his souths team-mates and nothing what so ever of the dogs ballboy getting involved in the half time 'melee'

meh - that was a long walk to get to "Journos bad, lazy click bait!'

I laugh how touchy some people are thinking there is a big Manly agenda.

The article isnt about Manly. The pic is of Tommy and Jake as they are two of the biggest names the the game that were ball boys.

No attempt to derail or harm Manly just grabbed a pic that had two ball boy stars in it.

People making a mountain out of a molehill

Jake was just being nice re: kiss.

The NRL community had thought Manly star Jake Trbojevic had finally broken his nice guy streak when he appeared to give the crowd a serve during his team’s win over the Dragons.

Trbojevic was spotted waving at the crowd behind the dead-ball line and was shown on TV to be blowing kisses.

NRL great and Fox League commentator Michael Ennis first thought Trbojevic was returning fire to sledging Dragons supporters during the Sea Eagle’s 32-18 win on the Gold Coast.

“The Dragons supporters. You don’t see that too often. Someone’s obviously been giving him a gobful,” Ennis originally said.

However, the truth behind the kiss was revealed by Manly teammate Kieran Foran in a social media post this weekend.

“He was blowing kisses at his god daughter, the ultimate good guy of our game,” Foran wrote.

I haven't seen a new Jake thread to go with the 147.

So time 4 a new one!!

Hope Jake has a great game this weekend and smashes a few of the Tigers players.
We have missed his defence around the ruck since he has been gone.

I have also missed the refs calling out Jake, Jake, Jake!!! @:D

As an "old school" leaguey I'd like it explained why the role of the lock seems to have changed so significantly. My memories of the great locks (Coote, Clyde, Menzies etc) were mobile cover-defenders who prowled from sideline to sideline cutting down speedy backs who had broken the line. The lock also seemed to have a roving role in attack.
Nowdays I heard them described as "middles".
Jake is not in the same mould as yesteryear's locks and when he was moved from being a prop it confused an old-timer like me.

No idea why Jake was leading our attack in the first half.

With Schuster, we don’t need Jake hogging the ball playing .
He needs to compliment Schuster.

I thought both Jake and Aloia were underdone tonight.
Jake was good defensively but clunky with the ball.
Alioa made some metres with the ball but defensively was found out twice for two tries and also the stupid penalty that he’s on report for.
Understandable but I think that’s why Des played them big minutes whilst only giving Keppie and Sips 10 minutes or so.
Close to our top 17 tonight so needs them all as match fit as possible.
I’m sure there’ll be tinkering with the bench over the next few weeks and wouldn’t be surprised if Guac gets a spell at some stage too.

I was very annoyed when Jake let the Tigers' dummy half skip past him instead of conceding a penalty. Led to a huge bust and their first try. But yeah, both he and Aloiai were a touch off the pace, which is only to be expected, I guess.

Alioa made some metres with the ball but defensively was found out twice for two tries and also the stupid penalty that he’s on report for.
Understandable but I think that’s why Des played them big minutes whilst only giving Keppie and Sips 10 minutes or so.
I’m sure there’ll be tinkering with the bench over the next few weeks and wouldn’t be surprised if Guac gets a spell at some stage too.
Jake was poor defensively and obviously under done. In saying that i am not always his biggest fan and he lacks speed for the modern game.

Was too slow to marker after his usual slowing down the tackled player efforts(early in the game which is not a good sign) causing the first try and many times was off the pace in back play not plugging holes.

Jake will obviously improve with more fitness but Manly risk lacking points with his link playing and finding Schuster gets overlooked in many plays(Schuster looked lost and lacking many times tonight)

Des is probably trying to simplify Schusters role in a corridor for the time being but as he is let loose more Jakes link plays will pale in comparison to what Josh can offer along with Walker up the middle.

Jake then becomes an over priced slow tackling machine which is more beneficial and appreciated in a struggling team losing field/possession stats and just trying to stay in the grind of the game.

We also have the high work rate and spark of Lawton who can run lines, tackle, high work rate and offer some spark, along with the potential to pass a little----in some ways Lawton can be that dynamic spark(in a not so obvious way) to what Watmough offered Manly.

In many ways Jake is surplus to our needs, yes he is inspirational and can fill an important leadership role but his price will have to come down to reflect his limitations to the modern game.

Keppie and Sips have played a lot of minutes over the last few weeks
With a bit of depth this year Des seem to be managing the work load really. Resting them without giving them the week off in case **** hits the fan during a game.
Rotating starting props, cross fingers, we are looking fairly good on the injury front to.
The stars are starting to align🎉

Keppie going home for a baby so out for 3 weeks and Aloio likely to get a few weeks. We may need another prop. Woods?

Jake was poor defensively and obviously under done. In saying that i am not always his biggest fan and he lacks speed for the modern game.

Was too slow to marker after his usual slowing down the tackled player efforts(early in the game which is not a good sign) causing the first try and many times was off the pace in back play not plugging holes.

Jake will obviously improve with more fitness but Manly risk lacking points with his link playing and finding Schuster gets overlooked in many plays(Schuster looked lost and lacking many times tonight)

Des is probably trying to simplify Schusters role in a corridor for the time being but as he is let loose more Jakes link plays will pale in comparison to what Josh can offer along with Walker up the middle.

Jake then becomes an over priced slow tackling machine which is more beneficial and appreciated in a struggling team losing field/possession stats and just trying to stay in the grind of the game.

We also have the high work rate and spark of Lawton who can run lines, tackle, high work rate and offer some spark, along with the potential to pass a little----in some ways Lawton can be that dynamic spark(in a not so obvious way) to what Watmough offered Manly.

In many ways Jake is surplus to our needs, yes he is inspirational and can fill an important leadership role but his price will have to come down to reflect his limitations to the modern game.
While Walker was on, Jake played as Prop. I think that is a view of how Des may play Jake in the coming weeks. Keppie will be be out for 3-4 weeks, so expect to see Walker in the lock role off the bench more. Also means we only need to carry 2 bench props with aloli and Sipley to bring Lawton back into the 17

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4