Jake & his Bestie at the races!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

madmax

Bencher
So the Telegraph reckons that Sea Eagles stars are sticking solid with Barrett! Good onya boys whoever you are. Good example of solidarity & loyalty to the Manly club & Des. A great stick it right up ya photo! Bet Des will be pleased........can't beat those Trbojevic boys. Such role models for the Manly culture. I hope they both request a release so they can follow their bestie & learn from the greatest coach ever. I'm sure they will become legends.........in their own minds & Barrett's! What a disappointment these guys have turned out to be! Really showing their appreciation to the club for the chance they've been given.............just sayin'.

Last edited:
Take the MAD out of MAX mate.

Three points.

1. it was the daily telegraph. Nuff said.

2. Barrett's whole problem was he was a mate to the players when he should have been a Manager and coach. I'm not surprised some of the players still hang out with the guy and that's ok as long as they put up and shut up when it comes time to pull on that maroon strip next year.

3. Of all the players I'm pretty sure Jake T is one of the few with maroon running through his veins. that guy bleeds manly so I don't think its fair to question his loyalty to the Seaeagles. He's a top guy and not a wanker from what I can see so perhaps lay off till we have proof he's not a Manly man at heart. then you can go to town feathered angry bird.

Take the MAD out of MAX mate.

Three points.

1. it was the daily telegraph. Nuff said.

2. Barrett's whole problem was he was a mate to the players when he should have been a Manager and coach. I'm not surprised some of the players still hang out with the guy and that's ok as long as they put up and shut up when it comes time to pull on that maroon strip next year.

3. Of all the players I'm pretty sure Jake T is one of the few with maroon running through his veins. that guy bleeds manly so I don't think its fair to question his loyalty to the Seaeagles. He's a top guy and not a wanker from what I can see so perhaps lay off till we have proof he's not a Manly man at heart. then you can go to town feathered angry bird.
Eagle I'm just over this Trent Barrett thing & seeing Jake's face all over the papers in support of him makes me question his loyalty to the club. I'd rather he was all over the papers dressed in Manly attire & in photos showing him with Des & his team mates promoting the club! Apologies if i'm coming across as MAD......more so frustrated & wishing Barrett would just disappear. I've had it with bad publicity.

They have not followed Trent out the door .
The boys are happy to stay at our club .
This story means nothing say no more
I guess so Bozo.........wish we could just wash our hands of Barrett! As long as he's around there's always gonna be doubt around team harmony!

I guess so Bozo.........wish we could just wash our hands of Barrett! As long as he's around there's always gonna be doubt around team harmony!
I look at it this way mate . We dont build team harmony by dictating to the players who they should socialize with after Des's business hours . As long as they are focused when they wear the maroon and white that is all that really matters

Eagle I'm just over this Trent Barrett thing & seeing Jake's face all over the papers in support of him makes me question his loyalty to the club. I'd rather he was all over the papers dressed in Manly attire & in photos showing him with Des & his team mates promoting the club! Apologies if i'm coming across as MAD......more so frustrated & wishing Barrett would just disappear. I've had it with bad publicity.

I agree that players such as the Turbos could be showing more of a Manly Now face. I feel that a day at the races isn't too bad in the grand scheme of things but they need to start cutting the cord with TB and get down to business.

On a slightly different note, I'm surprised that some of our top shelf boys haven't at least popped into training yet. I know they have extra time off after international duty but it would have been great to see them in some of the photos released so far just showing a united face. they didn't need to be training just part of the new setup for a day. The Manly media team could have headed off a lot of these lightweight stories with a bit of forward thinking and planning.

I agree that players such as the Turbos could be showing more of a Manly Now face. I feel that a day at the races isn't too bad in the grand scheme of things but they need to start cutting the cord with TB and get down to business.

On a slightly different note, I'm surprised that some of our top shelf boys haven't at least popped into training yet. I know they have extra time off after international duty but it would have been great to see them in some of the photos released so far just showing a united face. they didn't need to be training just part of the new setup for a day. The Manly media team could have headed off a lot of these lightweight stories with a bit of forward thinking and planning.
I am not surprised at all that the international players did not turn up to the early pre seaosn training . It has been a long year for them with the extra training and playing and if i was coach I would want to reward them and let them enjoy the break and avoid being burned out from a long year . The comp starts in March and there is plenty of time for team bonding .
Hasler is on the ball here !

So the Telegraph reckons that Sea Eagles stars are sticking solid with Barrett! Good onya boys whoever you are. Good example of solidarity & loyalty to the Manly club & Des. A great stick it right up ya photo! Bet Des will be pleased........can't beat those Trbojevic boys. Such role models for the Manly culture. I hope they both request a release so they can follow their bestie & learn from the greatest coach ever. I'm sure they will become legends.........in their own minds & Barrett's! What a disappointment these guys have turned out to be! Really showing their appreciation to the club for the chance they've been given.............just sayin'.
So what if he was with him they are obviously close should he just severe ties with him just to please you LOL like des will care.. jake puts in 100% that wont change under des

So what if he was with him they are obviously close should he just severe ties with him just to please you LOL like des will care.. jake puts in 100% that wont change under des
Never said cut ties with him to please me.......read what i said mate! Show your face in the media supporting the club & your coach not your mates! You think it's a good look for him to be in the papers with Barrett after all the $hitfight the club has been put thru over the Barrett situation? Stay & be close mates by all means, however to me it's a cheeky dig to show everyone his continued support for Barrett. I don't give a $**** who he's mates with......the club comes first!

A couple of things
1. Tom t at least has been at training already
2. Jake played golf with Beaver (and a couple of non manly players) during the week but that is not as interesting

So many people whinge about the negative media coverage we get however they are so quick to take the bait on obvious click bait stories

DAILYTELEGRAPH
What’s The Buzz: Sea Eagles stars sticking solid with Trent Barrett
NOVEMBER 15, 2018

d26b90645c0d01117921faa032d6e8a5

Trent Barrett, Shaun Timmins, Warwick Bulmer and Jake Trbojevic at the Gundagai races on Friday.

Trent Barrett might be gone as head coach of the Manly Sea Eagles but he still has an unbreakable bond with the players and his former staff.

Barrett was spotted at the Snake Gully Cup meeting at Gundagai on Friday with Kangaroos forward Jake Trbojevic enjoying a punt and quiet beer.

Des Hasler is settling in well as head coach but everyone is still extremely close to Barrett.

Assistant coach John Cartwright recently returned Barrett’s now-infamous backyard furniture from their Narrabeen training headquarters in the back of a ute to the coach’s home.

The Trbojevic brothers, Jake and Tom, had offered to do it.

Jake and Barrett spent the day at Gundagai races with former Origin star Shaun Timmins and Manly legend Warwick Bulmer, the old guy who leads the team song in the Brookvale sheds after victories.

There has been talk for some time that both Jake and Tom are still disappointed about the coach’s departure from the club and his row with management to get the players better conditions.

But Barrett has urged the brothers to get on with the job under Hasler.

“They’ve got to rip in for Des,” Barrett said. “You never waste a year in your footy career.

“I have absolutely no animosity towards Des. He’s a good bloke and I wish him well.”

Barrett is still on full pay (about $600,000 a season) but is on gardening leave. When his time is finished at Manly, he wants to head overseas to the US and Europe to check out the facilities at major sporting franchises.

He’ll certainly find an improvement on Narrabeen.

Barrett had a chuckle when we inquired about the whereabouts of the backyard furniture that he used to furnish the offices and team meeting room at Narrabeen.

“I got all my gear back thanks to Carty,” he said, “He kindly dropped it around to home.”

Some might think it's not a good look . but he's a the track with a tosser, no biggie.

DAILYTELEGRAPH
What’s The Buzz: Sea Eagles stars sticking solid with Trent Barrett
NOVEMBER 15, 2018

d26b90645c0d01117921faa032d6e8a5

Trent Barrett, Shaun Timmins, Warwick Bulmer and Jake Trbojevic at the Gundagai races on Friday.

Trent Barrett might be gone as head coach of the Manly Sea Eagles but he still has an unbreakable bond with the players and his former staff.

Barrett was spotted at the Snake Gully Cup meeting at Gundagai on Friday with Kangaroos forward Jake Trbojevic enjoying a punt and quiet beer.

Des Hasler is settling in well as head coach but everyone is still extremely close to Barrett.

Assistant coach John Cartwright recently returned Barrett’s now-infamous backyard furniture from their Narrabeen training headquarters in the back of a ute to the coach’s home.

The Trbojevic brothers, Jake and Tom, had offered to do it.

Jake and Barrett spent the day at Gundagai races with former Origin star Shaun Timmins and Manly legend Warwick Bulmer, the old guy who leads the team song in the Brookvale sheds after victories.

There has been talk for some time that both Jake and Tom are still disappointed about the coach’s departure from the club and his row with management to get the players better conditions.

But Barrett has urged the brothers to get on with the job under Hasler.

“They’ve got to rip in for Des,” Barrett said. “You never waste a year in your footy career.

“I have absolutely no animosity towards Des. He’s a good bloke and I wish him well.”

Barrett is still on full pay (about $600,000 a season) but is on gardening leave. When his time is finished at Manly, he wants to head overseas to the US and Europe to check out the facilities at major sporting franchises.

He’ll certainly find an improvement on Narrabeen.

Barrett had a chuckle when we inquired about the whereabouts of the backyard furniture that he used to furnish the offices and team meeting room at Narrabeen.

“I got all my gear back thanks to Carty,” he said, “He kindly dropped it around to home.”

Roll up roll up for the Buzz and Bazz comedy show folks brought to you by the Telecrap

I am ever so convinced that ......
This will be Barretts last $600 thousands a season head coach deal .
He wants to improve his coaching by heading overseas to check out the facilities at major sporting franchises as this is what he still believes was the cause of his teams wooden spoon year ending season performances and not his inexperience and incompetence to get his team up for the challenge .
Buzz added that Trent will certainly finds a huge improvements to the Narrabeen facilities that Des used to build a premiership winning Manly team .
Buzz and Bazz not the smartest tools in the shed but certainly the biggest fools in the head .
Buzz I know you visit this forum mate and I strongly believe that you should add Bazz to your TV league show and call it the Buzz and Bazz comedy league hour .

Buzz and Bazz what a team
The Buzz and Bazz comedy league hour

47734461-two-clowns-with-loudspeakers-isolated-on-white.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4