The Jurbo Journal - (just a really nice Jake thread)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who should be Manly's captain (from now) ?

• DCE

Votes: 23 29.9%
  • Jake T

Votes: 54 70.1%

• Total voters
You can't Captain the team being on the field if the playing group doesn't look up to their leader either.

To me when DCE or Jake lay down the law in the pathetic huddles the players are not really buying in, if anything many think they are better than the aforementioned two and roll their eyes with a "yeah yeah shut up" look.

I don't get that impression with Foran laying down the law, i don't get that impression with Tom(well occasionally in the past i did but not last year when Tom elevated his game), same with J.Lyon or Ben Kennedy, even Monas had more respect from the playing group.

Jake just comes across as a overly passionate ranter, and DCE looks like he is reading from a script and acting for the camera to look like a leader.
Love to have Jake all mic'd up, he lays down the law so fast he misses words out, and gets curious looks from the playing group.

Yeah I think Tom would have to be next. He is authoritative without being domineering, refs listen to him, players listen to him.

As an armchair observer I could see Croker developing into a captain. Hes worked hard to develop himself and there's no bull**** in his game.

Obviously we won with Jake there but frankly its hard to see him give out direct and assertive instructions when I hear him rambling after full time. Frankly the media find him amusing, that's not really someone I can picture players listening to.

Last edited:
Tom’s the man for the job, has the aura, has the players and the refs respect, knows the game and has the intellect to do it, we just need him to stay on the park, hopefully his run of bad luck is over and upon his return next year he’ll string a few seasons together, injury free with the C beside his name.

Tom’s the man for the job, has the aura, has the players and the refs respect, knows the game and has the intellect to do it, we just need him to stay on the park, hopefully his run of bad luck is over and upon his return next year he’ll string a few seasons together, injury free with the C beside his name.
Yeah, could be right their, feel Evans's time is coming to an end and needs to hand over the captains arm band so to speak. If not Tom, maybe Croker not sold on Jake, comes across as a bit overhyped tbh.

Jake at prop for NSW had his best game of the year. Could be a lesson there, he passed a few times, but he wasn't fiddling around at 13 like he sometimes does for manly.

Should we leak this poll to Foxtel or WWOS?

(However, would probably be counter productive to team harmony:))

Poor Jake, one of only a few who gives his all for the entire 80.
Hope it heals good champ we will miss you these next few games.

Don't think I want to sit through the tortue of what's to come without Jake
Sharks by 40
raiders by 30
dogs by 40 we won’t have any fight left for this game will be a bloodbath.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2