Jade Anderson - 2019 or never

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
At 22 years of age it's the season Anderson needs to either step up or probably end up a NSW Cup/ Qld Cup style player.
As a front rower, this is still a young pup age, but for a winger you really want potential to turn into action at this stage......the fast and evasive players with anticipation are a big part of what has been lacking in recent seasons and Anderson could be 1 of the surprise packets we have been waiting for.
Personally see him getting a run in the trials and the chance to make top grade will really be in his hands.
I can see either Anderson or Funa getting NRL time in 2019.

Agree .... although he is not as yet in the 30 ... I think they have relaxed the ability of the development contract guys getting a fg run ... I like his talent and work ethic ... only negative is size ... and yeah I know Toovey and Ado Carr are good ..... but if you are small in the modern game you have to be better than just good ....

He has some competition in young outside backs pushing for a FG gig ..... Best wishes to the kid ....

The little I saw of him in a few of the BWSE televised games last year was enough to suggest he has some potential. Remains to be seen if he can develop into a NRL standard player, but we won't know unless he gets a go. We could do worse than to throw him on Uate's vacant wing, especially in the trials

• 🤝
Reactions: R3
So if Des doesn't pick him should we sack Des as well?
The point is Fluffy - He has to be good enough to pick himself.
These days good young outside backs have usually played some top grade by 19 - 21 years of age.
If he trains well - trials well - Des will pick him.
No doubt has talent and games I have seen has the Addo Carr look - but that is against U20's and NSW Cup level.

I know the use of development contracts have been relaxed ..... but ... to get a run at this stage Anderson has to compete with and beat the challenges from Funa, Elliott, Kiao, Parker, Garrick, Suli and Later Hopoate ..... and that is if we don't add another outside back with the 2 vacant spots ...

I don't think he will just get a game handed to him .... If he gets a run it will be a good achievement and well deserved .....

I know the use of development contracts have been relaxed ..... but ... to get a run at this stage Anderson has to compete with and beat the challenges from Funa, Elliott, Kiao, Parker, Garrick, Suli and Later Hopoate ..... and that is if we don't add another outside back with the 2 vacant spots ...

I don't think he will just get a game handed to him .... If he gets a run it will be a good achievement and well deserved .....
I just can’t see him getting the better of Brad Parker TBH... Brad is dynamite on his feet, has explosive speed, and tackled Manu Vatuvai in his club debut game a couple of years ago.

Last edited:

Outside of Hoppa, he has just as much chance I believe mate. Those others were all pretty well in the same position, grinding through lower grades, getting an opportunity only if extreme injuries occured to their clubs.

We are a club for opportunity now for the 2nd / 3rd tier players like Garrick, Waddell, Elliott and many others.

Maybe they step up , maybe they don't. Who knows.

Personally, if Hoppa isn't allowed to play, and Walker retains his spot, I hope Anderson, and Funa get a go, to inject raw speed into the backline.

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Slow Mo Taufua
03. Tevita Funa
04. Dylan Walker
05. Jade Anderson

For some reason I'm backing Funa but have little faith in Anderson...........just a gut feel

I feel like he will just be a reliable and competitive player at NSW Cup level but with his game and size fail to really make an impact in firsts.

The point is Fluffy - He has to be good enough to pick himself.
These days good young outside backs have usually played some top grade by 19 - 21 years of age.
If he trains well - trials well - Des will pick him.
No doubt has talent and games I have seen has the Addo Carr look - but that is against U20's and NSW Cup level.

The points is that this was the reason to sack Baz made many times last year and a few times this week as well.....

I really hope Anderson studies Ado-Carrs games from the last few years. Couldn't find a better muse or personal inspiration

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6