Izzy and the big philosophical questions...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MuzztheEagle

Bencher
The fact is.....
We are all unique and every one singles out some one as we all have different feelings and beliefs as we are human beings and not programed like robots from birth
Moving this over here to avoid the wrath of the football only readers

All well and good and I fully believe we should learn to understand the beliefs of others and the reasoning that is behind them. And I am free to say whatever I like, there is nothing preventing me from doing otherwise.
But that doesn't answer my question!
If I say something that impacts negatively on others should I be held accountable? Yes or No?

Moving this over here to avoid the wrath of the football only readers

All well and good and I fully believe we should learn to understand the beliefs of others and the reasoning that is behind them. And I am free to say whatever I like, there is nothing preventing me from doing otherwise.
But that doesn't answer my question!
If I say something that impacts negatively on others should I be held accountable? Yes or No?
I answered your question by more than a simple yes or no
Also Folau was vindicated for his freedom of speech by a settlement

I answered your question by more than a simple yes or no
Also Folau was vindicated for his freedom of speech by a settlement
I'm sorry I must of missed your answer. I asked:
If I say something that impacts negatively on others should I be held accountable?
What was the answer?

I'm sorry I must of missed your answer. I asked:
If I say something that impacts negatively on others should I be held accountable?
What was the answer?
Oh , ok
This the reply that I posted .
The fact is.....
We are all unique and every one singles out some one as we all have different feelings and beliefs as we are human beings and not programed like robots from birth
Fact ....
Every day, every hour and every second some one will say something and they will make some people laugh , and some people offended .

The only possible way to prevent this would be for all of us to walk around like this ....
images.jpg

Oh , ok
This the reply that I posted .
The fact is.....
Fact ....
Every day, every hour and every second some one will say something and they will make some people laugh , and some people offended .

The only possible way to prevent this would be for all of us to walk around like this ....
So how does this answer my question? Are you saying that no-one is accountable for what they say? You appear to be leaning this way without giving a clear answer.
Also, I'm not talking about suppression of speech I'm talking about the consequences of speech after it happens.

So how does this answer my question? Are you saying that no-one is accountable for what they say? You appear to be leaning this way without giving a clear answer.
Also, I'm not talking about suppression of speech I'm talking about the consequences of speech after it happens.
I am sorry that you did not understand my philosophy behind my answer that I gave you . I am accountable for that

When one denies the right to voice their view that is a suppression of speech

What is my consequence for voicing a view from my faith that has been around for over 2000 years ?

Last edited:
Or ... how about you try to explain it so the rest of us can understand?
??? Was this aimed at me or Bozo?
I'm just trying to figure out exactly what it is that Bozo is trying to say and why he believes someone's human rights have stopped. I could just S...post back at him but I don't think that would accomplish much.

??? Was this aimed at me or Bozo?
I'm just trying to figure out exactly what it is that Bozo is trying to say and why he believes someone's human rights have stopped. I could just S...post back at him but I don't think that would accomplish much.
No not at all . This was not aimed at you . In am sorry that you took it that way

How? Are you suggesting from your last post that people should be immune to consequences based on the age of their beliefs?
That was an example I gave

Please give me your interpretation of punishment and consequences for a person who just voices their belief .

Human rights is every ones right to express their beliefs
But if I have a belief that others are inferior and should be treated as such, do I have a right to spread that belief to other (potentially more vulnerable people who are easily persuaded) with the knowledge that this may result in damage to those I spoke out about. And, going back to my original question, more importantly am I responsible if any actions occured because of my speech?

How? Are you suggesting from your last post that people should be immune to consequences based on the age of their beliefs?
Haven't you ever heard of 'respect your elders'? It's not that easy to become an elder, take it from me ;)

Ah .. just found one ... I am sure this proves my point .... somehow I guess ....

Image result for Panda meme
So funny !
Thats the spirit feathered friend . We should all learn how to view things in a light hearted way and break the ice of seeing things differently

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6