I've had a gutful of State of Origin and it's still a week away.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Origin is one of the main contributing factors to the drop off in club attendances in recent years.
True, and the NRL just can't see it, they, and Channel Nine are milking it for all it's worth and they just can't see the damage it's doing to the rest of the comp.
Just limit it to one game a year, not this two out of three bullsh!t, but that will never happen.

I've said it before

Suspend the comp for two consecutive weekends

Play Origin on 3 consecutive Wednesdays, city country the first weekend (players can press claims for game 2 and 3) nz v gb test, jnr kangaroos v jnr kiwis, fiji v samoa, tonga v png etc all on the two weekends

Then back into the comp, rep stars miss 1 round and backup 1 round

Gives no rep players mid season rest and recovery and coaches a chance to rejig their season

• 🤝
Reactions: Ben
SOO is the most divisive concept ever created. The hatred that it fosters makes me physically ill. The damage to the games elite players who are employed by the clubs is immense, with not a shred of compensation to the club when someone is injured.

I for one don't watch it and never will.

Obviously not a popular viewpoint, but I love Origin. Always have. And I love rep football and seeing our players play it. I believe it makes them better players and gives them a further sense of satisfaction and recognition.

The one thing I love about Origin is supporting players you'd normally throw bottles at, players like Gallen and Bird I normally can't stand, but come Origin I love them.

I don't think the current format is great for the clubs, but I'm not convinced in the 3 weeks in a row either.

I would love to see Origin played separately from the premiership, the next 8 weeks really test the patience of fans as they watch inferior games and results that do not reflect how a team is necessarily going. I would like to see a 3 game window in late May/early June to get the series done of 3 weekends and then resume the premiership.

Nein and the NRL wont budge and its a shame cause they are not listening to us members and fans.

I'd be lucky to watch one game of origin each year.
My gripes are that it's not refereed like normal games, it drains regular club games, season ending injuries, Qld using kiwis and nsw players ad norsium.

There are a few here that say they don't watch origin. Liars. Everyone does cause there is an intensity in the games that only finals footy can come close too. I appreciate the effort these guys put in. I just wish that a couple of manly players would show similar effort.( looking at you mr 5 hit up game burgess).

Origin is one of the main contributing factors to the drop off in club attendances in recent years.

I agree.
- Price of going to SOO and backing up for club games is a expensive exercise.
- Star/key players sustaining injuries during SOO loses the appeal to go.
- Star/key players selected in SOO unable to commit to club games due to selection.

Overall dropping the standard of football being played and stalling any momentum built by any team in form. In this case it has worked out for us this year as we needed the break.

I've said it before

Suspend the comp for two consecutive weekends

Play Origin on 3 consecutive Wednesdays, city country the first weekend (players can press claims for game 2 and 3) nz v gb test, jnr kangaroos v jnr kiwis, fiji v samoa, tonga v png etc all on the two weekends

Then back into the comp, rep stars miss 1 round and backup 1 round

Gives no rep players mid season rest and recovery and coaches a chance to rejig their season

This is the best option I have read so far. It would be a massive money spinner with all games being broadcasted live on 9. They would be rubbing their hands together. Maybe you should shoot them an quick email with your proposal because the current system sucks.
Rip off the bandaid and get it over with quickly!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6