Ivan Cleary wanting to coachagain in the nrl

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I always like Cleary, no fuss, doesn't appear to get flustered or stressed.

Is he the best man for the job? I guess debatable, but I do think he's the best option available (as Tooves is not an option guys, as much as 99% of people would love him to be)

With all of the talk about ivan wanting to coach again in the nrl, why not give him seibolds position or punt cartwright and bring him in there. would be a great asset to the club, and was manly through and through. seems a no brainer for me.
I don't think he would want to be an assistant to the man that was his assistant in his last gig. If he was to take an assistant role it would be with someone like Bellamy or Bennett I would think.

Personally, I think he will end up at the Dragons, Warriors or possibly the Tigers if any of those sides are capitulating early next season.

I think we need to hold out for Des... He seems to be on the nose at the dogs and if they lose this week, it will put even more pressure on him. Give Baz half a season or maybe 10 rounds, see how he goes and if nothing has changed throw the cheque book at Des and get him back... Surely he must be sick of driving out Canterbury way from Collaroy!

I know more and more people are warming back to De$ (even those that vehemently didn't want him back). But I just can't get to that point. I really do not want him back in any capacity. It's like Watmough, you can't s*** on things so badly when you leave and expect to be welcomed back with open arms.

Perhaps that's naïve and a bit perfect world thinking of me, but don't want him back.

I think we need to hold out for Des...
Des is past it as a coach. He's had a great career as a coach but right now I'd prefer someone smart and ambitious just starting out.
Although if Des gets the Dogs over the line to win the comp this year, he can name his own price and coach anywhere he wants!

I know more and more people are warming back to De$ (even those that vehemently didn't want him back). But I just can't get to that point. I really do not want him back in any capacity. It's like Watmough, you can't s*** on things so badly when you leave and expect to be welcomed back with open arms.

Perhaps that's naïve and a bit perfect world thinking of me, but don't want him back.
Totally agree re Watmough. Did Des say things on his way out though? If he did that to extent of Watmough, I retract my statement.

Totally agree re Watmough. Did Des say things on his way out though? If he did that to extent of Watmough, I retract my statement.
Not that I know of, it was more him basically ripping the place apart on the way out, trying to take everything and everyone, not even letting us celebrate the 2011 win because he was leaving.

I just thought the way he handled that situation was pretty ordinary.

I don't think he would want to be an assistant to the man that was his assistant in his last gig. If he was to take an assistant role it would be with someone like Bellamy or Bennett I would think.

Personally, I think he will end up at the Dragons, Warriors or possibly the Tigers if any of those sides are capitulating early next season.
So when we capitulate early next season as we undoubtedly will, can we get him then.

Des is past it as a coach. He's had a great career as a coach but right now I'd prefer someone smart and ambitious just starting out.
Although if Des gets the Dogs over the line to win the comp this year, he can name his own price and coach anywhere he wants!
In one breath u say he is passed it, in the next u say if he wins comp, he names his price. ??
Better to get him back to prove a point at discounted price, rather than pay him overs cause he's already proven the point and has massive ego boost as well !
U say someone "smart & ambitious", WELL THAT AIN'T TWENTY !

Not that I know of, it was more him basically ripping the place apart on the way out, trying to take everything and everyone, not even letting us celebrate the 2011 win because he was leaving.

I just thought the way he handled that situation was pretty ordinary.

Then he tried to sue Manly for wrongful dismissal until Manly produced emails the dopey prick sent to Greenturd on his Manly work email address orchestrating the entire exit from the club months before the GF. This after making the claim he had done nothing until seasons end.

Dollar Des can get stuffed.

So when we capitulate early next season as we undoubtedly will, can we get him then.
If we do, then we might, but we won't. I see us being about 5 from 8 to start the year before we really find our feet. I see us finishing 5th or 6th next year if we can get one more experienced player still in form, and Green or Cullen step up.

If we do, then we might, but we won't. I see us being about 5 from 8 to start the year before we really find our feet. I see us finishing 5th or 6th next year if we can get one more experienced player still in form, and Green or Cullen step up.
I hope you're right & im wrong.

Cleary would be the best option at the moment. First grade coaches who've made grand finals don't grow on trees.

It's a big NO to Dogsler. He made his decision and he's not welcome anywhere near this club.

I reckon Baz has until about Round 10 to turn things around and show he can devise game plans to get the side home. That it's not just the players but the strategy being devised. If things don't improve the knives will be out big time.......and rightly so.

Manly don't have a habit of removing coaches mid year. Again, my more rational fellow Sea Eagles on here may suggest that Barrett be given another year. Personally, I think he should have been sacked Monday past. He shows absolutely nothing. Put aside the injuries, a good coach keeps their side competitive, and manages their list well. He failed at both. Adding to that, our team looked disjointed, rudderless and lacking cohesion all season. A team on the rise shows some improvement, we got gradually worse. I think that immediate and wholesale, coaching and management changes are needed. We do not look like Manly.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4