It's the 2021 final...! Mighty Canadian Habs v defending champs Tampa Bay

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

globaleagle

Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
woohoo!

for the first time in ages, a team based in Canada, the Montreal Canadiens (Habs) are playing in the big one.

Up against the Tampa Bay lightning who just beat the New York Islanders in game 7 of their playoff series.

The Habs are becoming the 'little engine that could' as they've been the underdog for the last 2-3 final series. But Tampa is a different prospect, big tough, skilled, mean and wanted to win back to back cups.

(plus they basically cheated by keeping Kucherov on the injury reserve list all season only to miraculously dust him off for the finals. - imagine having a salary cap of 80 million but still needing to do dodgy crap to get around it??)

So go Habs go!

Well the Tampa bay lightning defeat the Montreal Canadiens 4-1 in the best of 7 series proving that salary cap cheats can prosper and go back to back !

Tampa Bay, FL – The Tampa Bay Lightning won the Stanley Cup last night, proving once and for all that, in a salary cap league, a team that blatantly exceeds the salary cap will usually be better than teams that don’t.

The Lightning kept key players on injured reserve all season, and then brought them back during the playoffs, which every hockey fan agrees is the only hockey that really counts, so naturally the Salary Cap doesn’t apply to this time period.

Tampa Bay, FL – The Tampa Bay Lightning won the Stanley Cup last night, proving once and for all that, in a salary cap league, a team that blatantly exceeds the salary cap will usually be better than teams that don’t.

The Lightning kept key players on injured reserve all season, and then brought them back during the playoffs, which every hockey fan agrees is the only hockey that really counts, so naturally the Salary Cap doesn’t apply to this time period.
I have relatives in Calgary . Are you near there @globaleagle ?

I have relatives in Calgary . Are you near there @globaleagle ?

Nah, I don't have the required redneck gene, lol.

CALGARY – Alberta’s doctors, restaurant employees, and other frontline workers will receive free Stampede tickets this year, punishing them for their crucial role in combating COVID.

“First the government tried to cut my pay mid-pandemic, and now I have to go drop seventeen bucks a pop on lukewarm Budweisers,” said Marlene Shaffer, a nurse. “And don’t suggest not drinking, because how else am I supposed to survive all that ****ing country music?”

(the beaverton is a satirical website/tv show in case people didn't know)...

:)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4