Its Just Like That Atm

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
There are plenty of things that can't be excused from the first 2 games as in dropped balls, ruck intensity & poor defensive reads but.......
That doesn't mean we overlook the misfortune that happens when things are simply, NOT going your way.
*Kapow 3 line breaks - NO support - well the 3rd time he runs over the FB to score anyway...but should have been another 2 tries there.
*Kapows so called hit on Brooks, when Kapow stopped & turned his back & the kicker jumped into him?? - Tigers score on the back of it.
*Manly coming home strong 75th minute - ball to Green who looks AWAY to score....but stops??
*Manly 90% chance of scoring after a break - held down blatantly & a sin bin a NO brainer - plays on & a dumb last play - turnover???
*Manly ON the tryline....Woods 1 metre in front of his try line not even at marker & illegally knocks down Api's arm creating a lost ball & turnover...play on??
*Parcell rightly pinched for a forward pass when on the attack late 1st half - my gripe - Tigers got away with about 6 of these the 1st 40 minutes helping that roll through the ruck & leading directly to points.
No doubt when teams are down on confidence & play with a lack of composure -the luck dwindles & heads seem to hang longer...the little things just go the other way - & this of course runs the opposite way when teams gain confidence & seem to find a way to win these type of games.

Yeah and greens knock back called forward for a parcel try. But that's playing away from home for you. It will click soon as Barret realises he doesn't have to reinvent the wheel. Snake and Bhurer make a huge difference and I think Korisau needs some time in reserves. Tries hard looks rusty.

It's been apart from DCE a completely new spine. So cut him and and the team some slack. Think leaving BJ out for round one was a master stroke. Against that dogs pack he wouldn't have had such an impact or the motivation and confidence after a hit out in reserves he did last night.

Lussick might get the hint aswell

Yeah and greens knock back called forward for a parcel try. But that's playing away from home for you. It will click soon as Barret realises he doesn't have to reinvent the wheel. Snake and Bhurer make a huge difference and I think Korisau needs some time in reserves. Tries hard looks rusty.

It's been apart from DCE a completely new spine. So cut him and and the team some slack. Think leaving BJ out for round one was a master stroke. Against that dogs pack he wouldn't have had such an impact or the motivation and confidence after a hit out in reserves he did last night.

Lussick might get the hint aswell
Good pickup.... Yeh sloppy hands from Green but a knock back & even off the legs!!

Yeah let's not forget with Api - tries hard but has had one hell of an offseason you wouldn't wish on anyone.

That's why a few weeks in NSW cup would have been better for him, mentally he might not be in the right frame of mind and it would have been the yard stick to assess that. It's not a demotion but taking the pressure off him, he doesn't look sharp at all

Yeah let's not forget with Api - tries hard but has had one hell of an offseason you wouldn't wish on anyone.
Yeah but there is no excuse for a hooker who holds the ball an extra second too long and takes an extra unnecessary step or 2 every single play. The ball isn't getting to our runners or halves fast enough. The defence is there as they catch the ball. It is glaringly obvious. I just hope that Bartlett sees it too.

Yeah but there is no excuse for a hooker who holds the ball an extra second too long and takes an extra unnecessary step or 2 every single play. The ball isn't getting to our runners or halves fast enough. The defence is there as they catch the ball. It is glaringly obvious. I just hope that Bartlett sees it too.
I would say he saw something last night which is why Parcell got the entire second half.

Yeah i really think Api needs some time in reserve to get his timing back. Obviously a horrendous off season for him. Sure that in time he will be a vital player for us this year. I haven't posted for ages because it was the off season and then didn't feel like contributing after all the negativity last weekend. Manly will make the eight no doubt in my mind but it's a rebuilding year. We have the depth and we have the talent. It will work itself out soon.
When lussick mateo Symonds can't get a run and Bhurer and snake are out injured it shows how good our roster is and watch for Liam Knight to make a huge impression in the latter half of the year. All good as far as I'm concerned.

Having only just managed to watch this game, I see a lot of improvement over round one.

Unfortunately we got beaten pretty badly out wide quite a few times and this must be addressed.

BJ and Parcell made a huge difference. We've got to start with at least Parcell, his passing and direction from DH made an immediate impact and BJ was immense. Kapow looked the goods, I missed Myles, did he play?

Yeah we went down, but premierships aren't won in March, and I see a team that's still finding their feet against a team that's got everything to prove and some fantastic players in Tedesco, Woods et al..

The collective wrist slitting in here is hilarious at times..

I think Barrett might have seen the light re Api/Parcell last night. When Api came off after 30, he didn't get back on.

Our forwards made ground and started dominating up the middle with BJ out there. With Myles we were going backwards. It wasn't a coincidence that when Myles came back on in the 2nd half, we lost our forward momentum.

Hopefully Green played himself into the NSW Cup 2nd row.

As much as people have been calling for Wiliame to be dropped for Lavaka or Santini, Wiliame wasn't the problem last night. Far from it.

I think Barrett might have seen the light re Api/Parcell last night. When Api came off after 30, he didn't get back on.

Our forwards made ground and started dominating up the middle with BJ out there. With Myles we were going backwards. It wasn't a coincidence that when Myles came back on in the 2nd half, we lost our forward momentum.

Hopefully Green played himself into the NSW Cup 2nd row.

As much as people have been calling for Wiliame to be dropped for Lavaka or Santini, Wiliame wasn't the problem last night. Far from it.
Hate to say it but your right....Myles was the common denominator (Api to a lessor degree)....had so much faith that an experienced origin player would offer so much more & have tried to push it under the carpet, but if players are picked on form - maybe keeps a bench spot , but that's about it till he pulls his finger out...or can he....is he past his used by date??
Still think will come good but gee, far as signings go my most disappointing by a margin.

Yeah I think selections are 9/10 of the issue at the moment.

Parcell is light years ahead of Koroisau at the moment. He should be starting and playing 80. We look much better with him at hooker.

Snake will make a massive difference too.

I think a couple of tweaks to the forwards will clinch it too.

I'd be picking (assuming all fit).

Snake
Taufua
Matai
Lyon
Turbo
Walker
DCE
Turbo
Parcell
Lawrence
Buhrer
Kapow
Mateo

Starling
Lussick
Brown
Vave

Myles to spend some time in NSW Cup pulling his finger out of his arse.

A few contentious calls last night .Its too bad the captains call wasn't introduced we most likely would of got the right call on that Parcell try could have changed the game

Mase was in the ear of our forwards plus niggling the opposition forwards.

We are missing that mongrel, that we all thought Headbutt Myles would bring :cool:

Don't know if our Trainers are like Langer, directing the Team. I never see them out there unless someone is injured @:cool:

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6