It's about time...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

madmax

Bencher
This constant bagging of the coach, selections, players, prospective players & Manly hierarchy has become depressing. Each day I log in & hope to read something positive & each day it’s the same negative posting. Yes I understand Silvertails is here for people to express their opinions & discuss news items etc. etc. & yes I’m one of the posters with an opinion, however I rarely bag anyone or any comments. Would be a change to log in & read something positive. It seems we’re all experts on how to coach the team, player retention, player recruitment etc. Any prospective player associated with Manly is either too old, a ‘has been’, is not suited to our culture, is useless as a player. It’s about time we start giving these guys a chance. Wiliame was bagged from pillar to post, then when he came good he was touted as Matai’s replacement & he was outstanding, yet as soon as he has a poor game he’s back on the ‘get rid of them’ list. Myles, Brown, Koroisau, Green, Walker are not Watmough, B Stewart, G Stewart or Lyon & never will be, however tell me what other player out there is?? These guys have tried & I’m sure will be better for the experiences of this past year. DCE’s season has been disrupted by injury as has Taufua’s & a few others. The possible recruitment of Blake Green, Uate, Shaun Lane plus whoever else is in Manly’s sights has been bagged also. On many occasions a player at his current club becomes stale due to many factors & needs a change where they could possibly thrive & once again show how potent a player they can be. I’d like to know what players (not under contract) out there would make us happy if recruited? Our last decade of dominance was due to guys who were together for many many years & as a result made Manly the team that it has been! It’s time to give our new players a chance & show them that we have faith in them to turn this year around in 2017! Barrett, same as the players, deserves a break from the animosity. As for the Manly hierarchy……….they pay the bills so they’re the boss! Nothing we do or say will change that.

This constant bagging of the coach, selections, players, prospective players & Manly hierarchy has become depressing. Each day I log in & hope to read something positive & each day it’s the same negative posting. Yes I understand Silvertails is here for people to express their opinions & discuss news items etc. etc. & yes I’m one of the posters with an opinion, however I rarely bag anyone or any comments. Would be a change to log in & read something positive. It seems we’re all experts on how to coach the team, player retention, player recruitment etc. Any prospective player associated with Manly is either too old, a ‘has been’, is not suited to our culture, is useless as a player. It’s about time we start giving these guys a chance. Wiliame was bagged from pillar to post, then when he came good he was touted as Matai’s replacement & he was outstanding, yet as soon as he has a poor game he’s back on the ‘get rid of them’ list. Myles, Brown, Koroisau, Green, Walker are not Watmough, B Stewart, G Stewart or Lyon & never will be, however tell me what other player out there is?? These guys have tried & I’m sure will be better for the experiences of this past year. DCE’s season has been disrupted by injury as has Taufua’s & a few others. The possible recruitment of Blake Green, Uate, Shaun Lane plus whoever else is in Manly’s sights has been bagged also. On many occasions a player at his current club becomes stale due to many factors & needs a change where they could possibly thrive & once again show how potent a player they can be. I’d like to know what players (not under contract) out there would make us happy if recruited? Our last decade of dominance was due to guys who were together for many many years & as a result made Manly the team that it has been! It’s time to give our new players a chance & show them that we have faith in them to turn this year around in 2017! Barrett, same as the players, deserves a break from the animosity. As for the Manly hierarchy……….they pay the bills so they’re the boss! Nothing we do or say will change that.

Great post mate, and I well remember the angst when we signed Ben Kennedy, and how did that turn out?

Won't take long until the negative Nancy's take over this thread @madmax But I do agree with them on one instance , paying " the bulk of the $500,000 contract for Uate" is really reaching into the barrel. If he was a cheapie ( such as Lane) or looking to establish himself again and coming on a low ball contract for 1 year with options I'd be happy about that . BUT, when I saw the article that we would be paying the bulk of the $500k , no thanks!!

Last edited:
I think it's a symptom of the changes over the past 2 seasons. There are positive posters who will have their say regardless of results and when we are winning their ranks are joined by the bulk of posters. Then there are negative posters who have many genuine complaints to make. Unfortunately there's little to balance out the negatives so the conga line dominates...the optimistic posts about up and comers are quickly drowned in the multitude of "sack x, y and z"

I like to think of myself as a positive guy and try to post uplifting comments but I have recognised myself slipping into the negative mindset as the events of 2015/16 have unfolded.

Just keep watching the Trbojovic boys improve and hope for a much reduced injury toll, then we'll see what the current squad is capable of and can truly judge where the coach and owners are succeeding and failing.

On the positive side, we only have to endure one more match of this season. @:p

In many ways its not so much as positive and negative. In many ways kicking the cat after every loss is a little about emotional investment , and how you carry on

Im a big fan, love the team but my life doesn't change based on manlys results. I admit some losses are harder to take than others but after a few consoling minutes, im back to life, in which footy is part of . Less and less by the day i might add, but its just footy

Being a manly fan is hard at time s because of the hatred. And supporters from all clubs like to give it to you when the team is down , so when we are winning a smug grin or a strut generally keeps them at bay. These are not times to dine out and search out the wankers but i suspect many do.

A big loss often has consequences for some on monday morning but that is generally a direct result of how you handled your success. Life has an amazing knack of balancing **** out. For some its just a waiting game why we rebuild, for others its time to assume the position

I think a lot of that shines through the way some people post

Madmax

I totally agree! I am sick to death of the player bashing and the putting down of anyone we sign or are looking to sign. Whatever happened to giving people a "fair go."

Not everyone is a Johnathan Thurston. Each and every player has a certain level of ability and skillset (usually reflected in their salary). If they put in 100% every game, who the hell are we to bag them as not being good enough? Do we bag every 100m athlete in the world because we rather have Usain Bolt?

If you bag anyone, bag the recruitment committee for getting the wrong players - even then they have salary cap pressures and have to recruit enough players to ensure we can field a team each week.

To be fair mate, I've been pretty busy of late and haven't been posting much which is why you're not seeing much positive stuff, but I'm with you!

There's lots of positives in 2016, but the trouble is they get lost in the constant negativity.

And as @globaleagle so rightly pointed out this was me 12 months ago but after the end of last season I said to myself, you are depressing yourself Mark with constant depressing negative comments.

And, whilst I sadly still let a few through, I've tried to be more positive in my posts in 2016.

Not positive just for the sake of it ( a **** sandwich is still a **** sandwich regardless) but looking at things more that we are in a transition period, and whilst that's happening things won't be as they were during the decade of dominance.

Unlike many on here I see a future, 2016-17 transition years, 2018-19 back really competitive again, 2020 Premiers.

Get with the plan feathered friends ( to borrow an @BOZO saying) and you won't feel as bad!!

There's lots of positives in 2016, but the trouble is they get lost in the constant negativity.

And as @globaleagle so rightly pointed out this was me 12 months ago but after the end of last season I said to myself, you are depressing yourself Mark with constant depressing negative comments.

And, whilst I sadly still let a few through, I've tried to be more positive in my posts in 2016.

Not positive just for the sake of it ( a **** sandwich is still a **** sandwich regardless) but looking at things more that we are in a transition period, and whilst that's happening things won't be as they were during the decade of dominance.

Unlike many on here I see a future, 2016-17 transition years, 2018-19 back really competitive again, 2020 Premiers.

Get with the plan feathered friends ( to borrow an @BOZO saying) and you won't feel as bad!!

Can anyone explain the obsession in our society with ALWAYS being positive? Why? So called "negativity" is like the plague of death. Again, why? Take a look at how brainwashed we have become. I say it like it is. And go with that. Eccentrics and people with differing views are the spice of life. And being a footy fan is a passionate experience, at least it is for me. To hell with the "positive" bollocks. Sanitise everything in a nice positive spin. Not for me. I don't view my posts through "positive" or negative" glasses. And a few people here could benefit by doing the same rather than falling for the new age/self help/positive pack of spin. I'll keep an eye out for all the "positive" posters that will kill me for this view.

The difference mate is ( not aimed at you at all) is that I don't expect people to be positive just for the sake of it, but it would be nice if people saw and agreed with some of the positives occasionally.

For example I love how young Parker has burst on to the scene , no superstar but love his enthusiasm and his joy after scoring his first try was infectious.

In a **** game, that was a real positive for me.

I chose to reflect not on the loss but on the bringing to light a potential new regular first grader!!

There's nothing " new age" about me at all I just choose to handle it in a different way.

The difference mate is ( not aimed at you at all) is that I don't expect people to be positive just for the sake of it, but it would be nice if people saw and agreed with some of the positives occasionally.

For example I love how young Parker has burst on to the scene , no superstar but love his enthusiasm and his joy after scoring his first try was infectious.

In a **** game, that was a real positive for me.

I chose to reflect not on the loss but on the bringing to light a potential new regular first grader!!

There's nothing " new age" about me at all I just choose to handle it in a different way.
Even though we were outplayed, I had a ball watching their fightbacks against raiders last Saturday...the beers were going down fast and the adrenalin was pumping.

Even though we were outplayed, I had a ball watching their fightbacks against raiders last Saturday...the beers were going down fast and the adrenalin was pumping.

Agree 100%, we were never going to win, not before or during the game, but even with all the mistakes that thrown together bits and pieces side tried their guts out.

And this has been evident in every game since we played the Cowboys AND nearly rolled them on Townsville.

And THAT is enough for me at present.

Bring on 2017

Hard to be positive towards the folks making decisions at the club when they think buying a 500k winger is the answer to our problems.
The likes of Bellamy and Bennett would laugh their arses off if someone suggested doing that at their clubs.

Hard to be positive towards the folks making decisions at the club when they think buying a 500k winger is the answer to our problems.
The likes of Bellamy and Bennett would laugh their arses off if someone suggested doing that at their clubs.
Storm lose Koroibete and Ryan Morgan then go about their business quietly picking up Addo-Carr and Tim Lafai - that is how it is done (as much as I can't stand Melbourne).

Bozo has clearly lost the plot, no doubt about it.

This is the thing,

It's a results driven business and until we see results said posts will continue

Super coach has had a year and all we have heard is excuses about injuries, they happen, deal with them and carry on but they are not an excuse

Ok, let's pick a real SuperCoach ( any you wish), let's implant him in Manly this year, BUT, he still cops the short turnarounds , he still cops the injury toll AND he still cops the issues of the three aging legends.

We'll finish probably 13th

Where does said your Supercoach have us finishing, and why would it be dramatically different?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8