ITS A CONSPIRACY

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
I love a good conspiracy theory. You know the second shooter who did in JFK. The secret service elimination of Marilyn Monroe. The agenda through Blue Book to debunk UFO sightings. Lots of fun and worth pages and pages in pulp magazines.

But sometime conspiracies are real.

Two issues that concern me in Rugby League

1. The Manly Warringah club has been under siege now for well over a decade and it seems the ante is being raised to see us expelled, replaced or relocated because of recent crowd figures, ground conditions etc. The Sea Eagles have been under siege from allegations of drug use, game fixing, salary cap rorts for years. Only the salary cap issue was shown to have some validity. Yet the media and NRL have consistently made scurrilous accusations for years and yet when its been found that the issues are groundless, there is this endless silence. No apology, no compensation for lost sponsorship. It goes on and on while other clubs such as Melbourne, Brisbane, Parramatta Sydney City are treated with kid gloves, given a helping hand even when they are found to be up to no good. One wonders if there is an agenda, possibly also backed by Bears sympathises to bring the Sea Eagles down. It's patently obvious that Greenberg is out to hit us time and again. Curious for instance that this ridiculous no fault rule (retrospective mind you but only for some cases) is introduced when Walker is facing a court case. Sure De Bellin is there also but for an indictable matter, not a local court issue. Such cases have been going on for years, very few from Manly. Yet when Walker comes under scrutiny...surprise… Greenberg gets on his moral high horse. Personally I think this conspiracy has substance and someone like Dean Ritchie should be onto it big time, or is he kowtowing to his News Ltd Roosters supporting top dogs.

2. Rugby League in general is on the decline. Perfect example is on the back page of today's Manly Daily. The administration has ignored country and junior league for decades. Kids are increasingly looking to other sports especially Australian Rules because they put in the money, give the support for country and junior teams. The present NRL administration, still a sub section of News Ltd, have dragged this game down since the SuperLeague debacle. One wonders if there are quislings in our administration, with an agenda to make the game second rate in Australia to allow Aussie Rules to reign. Perhaps that's pushing the conspiracy issue a little too far though. In reality it is just pure incompetence at the highest level

What's your opinion?

Junior league is dying.
When my son started played in the late 90s in the Parra district it cost us almost nothing.
All we had to buy was his boots.
Registration was free, uniform supplied.
Now it cost $100s which families can’t afford.
This also included a free yearly pass for him into the NRL games.

Not sure if they still do it but the local AFL juniors use to cost almost nothing as it is heavily subsidised where league is cost prohibitive.

No conspiracy Bear

The first is simply “ the everyone hates Manly” syndrome which we have been happy to embrace when winning

The second is easily explained by the fact that The Turd and Pumpkin Head and the faceless Cretin Commission are clueless muppets with no idea how to run a billion dollar business

After Gallop we’ve had a CEO who didn’t know who Scam Smith was and 2 Commission Chairs who didn’t know what Cronullas emblem is?

Fools overseing other fools who are themselves slightly less foolish than the fools who report on the governance of the game.

Result. Chaos without accountability

You may be right Sue. Certainly incompetence of the highest order pervades the halls of NRL administration. But I sense its more than that. An actual attempt to defame and denigrate the Sea Eagle image. In fact I think both elements soil this disgraceful group of self interested myopic inveterates.

Junior league is dying.
When my son started played in the late 90s in the Parra district it cost us almost nothing.

Not sure if they still do it but the local AFL juniors use to cost almost nothing as it is heavily subsidised where league is cost prohibitive.

Duffman, I don't know how many times I've been told the same scenario. The League is in self destruct mode, and needs a sturdy broom to see the present admin out in the gutter.

Totally agree, the game is shot!

Beginning of the season (actually a month before) I went to the local NRL club to where I live and offered to pay for a bus hire to each home game and offer at random tickets to attend games to the school kids ie fill a bus up with say 2 or 3 local teams or schools. I offered to pay for the kids tickets but asked the club to provide adult tickets to the minders, have the kids sit together in a section of the crowd, and politely suggested if the players could take time to have a selfie with the kids - the club said NO!

First home game there were plenty of empty seats, the kids would have spent money buying food, merchandise, but they didn't get that.

Question

Can anyone here name the eight commissioners?
I’m a league diehard and watch most games and I wouldn’t get close.

Any idea what they do?

I’ve got none. Seems all the tinkering around the edges rubbish that blights our game is performed by the Turd and his goon squad. The only time you see them is in a private box at Origin games.

I suppose it’s only a rort if you are not in on it.

Come on wasn't Greenberg touted as the great savior of the N.R.L. (Tongue in cheek) there is only one football team north of the harbour bridge yet we are constantly talked about be removed or moved. a few years ago the MW Football asked for help in trying to stem the annihilation of the juniors in the Manly Warringah area the power that be ( Greenturd) said we will get back to you) they have yet to respond. AFL is kicking the NRL butt through the post for a 6 pointer everyday of the week. There are only two codes that are growing in warringah AFL and Soccer. How this for a fact the NRL has approx 360 admin personnel the NFL has 78 admin personnel. So who is the greater siphon on the NRL sport. this is straight out of " Yes Minister" tv sereies when the minister states" there are 22,000 public servants don't you think there should be an audit?" the response was "we already had one and they recommended 10,000 more to be employed" every time an issue comes up the NRL employs more staff to deal with it. I feel that they have never heard the economic term diminishing returns. But hey lets reduce the teams that provide the funds that allows and increase the number of snouts in the trough.

Totally agree, the game is shot!

Beginning of the season (actually a month before) I went to the local NRL club to where I live and offered to pay for a bus hire to each home game and offer at random tickets to attend games to the school kids ie fill a bus up with say 2 or 3 local teams or schools. I offered to pay for the kids tickets but asked the club to provide adult tickets to the minders, have the kids sit together in a section of the crowd, and politely suggested if the players could take time to have a selfie with the kids - the club said NO!

First home game there were plenty of empty seats, the kids would have spent money buying food, merchandise, but they didn't get that.

Who in their right mind would turn down an offer like that???

One would think so
The Manly club seems to get more criticism than other clubs for the same issues
Manly have been a club other clubs seem to secretly aspire too but never admit it
So is it that , they want us gone for these reasons
You try not to be sceptical and have distrust but there is always a negative story about the club too many times for one not to think that there is a conspiracy out there

It seems to be a scripted attack. So many "scandals" refer to Manly - match-fixing [false], TPA salary cap scandal, miscellaneous articles critical of the Sea Eagles, and so much focus on TB last year with all the fault squarely blamed on Manly, not TB, etc. Now Brett Morris's carefully planned media interview re Brookvale oval surface. Never mind the absolutely torrential rain, a positive independent evaluation of the ground last year re injuries, nor the deplorable state of the Roosters home ground where the grass lifts off like a roll of carpet.
Roy Masters Lord of the Flies articles is so true re the clubs turning on each other, led by the Roosters (who I am turning on) who have the least claim to stay in the NRL.
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/it...in-rugby-league-survivor-20190325-p517cu.html
Greenburg seems to be taking the focus away from what an appalling job he is doing - no prosecution of player agents, the Barba debacle, the Salary Cap unit only seeming to find information when someone gives it to them on a player or if they stumble upon it, inability to sort out TPA system, etc., etc.
Sorry, felt like a rant.

Junior league is dying.

I'm not sure Rugby league is cost prohibitive it's really cheap when you look in comparison to other things.

I have 3 kids that play rep basketball (one in the state program) and they play 6 local comp games a week between them as well, that gets expensive when you add in school reps, trips out of state, multiple uniforms, shoes, balls, court fees (at least you play on a free field when you train and play league) etc the list goes on.

Honestly, I wish it only cost 100's per season - I mean you get two active kids vouchers this year which will go a long way as far a covering all the associated cost of league fees.The cost of Junior league isn't the problem really, some of the people involved and the game's image is a far greater problem as far as junior participation is concerned.

Like politicians, the only thing they want to be a measure of success is income (mostly derived from broadcast deals). There’s no consideration of the long term health of the game, it’s all about being able to point at the bottom line to keep a cushy job they are under qualified for. By almost every other metric the NRL is in dire straights and Todd and Co know they can’t allow this to become the focus.

One wonders if there are quislings in our administration,
You're paranoid, it is incompetence, not a conspiracy.
However, full marks and a prize (to be announced) for using the word quislings in a post on this site.

Can anyone here name the eight commissioners?
I think any surviving so-called 'immortals' should be on the commission. Why wouldn't they be?
And their anti-social, sexist (etc) politics could be counter balanced by the media and marketing moguls and hack politicians. Surely the people we've applauded on field should have some input, even allowing for brain damage suffered in the line of duty.

However, full marks and a prize (to be announced) for using the word quislings in a post on this site.
I'd like to raise his quislings with some ducklings and goslings. Prize accepted. Cash is fine.
Unknown.jpeg
26935026787_33be9ec114_b.jpg

Nice try Nicci, but ducks and geese are frequently alluded to here (along with moose and other low life forms), whereas quislings, not in recent memory.

Nice try Nicci, but ducks and geese are frequently alluded to here (along with moose and other low life forms), whereas quislings, not in recent memory.
Sheesh...quislings schmislings....he didn't even have cute pics.
400px-Bundesarchiv_Bild_101III-Moebius-029-12,_Norwegen,_Besuch_Himmler,_Terboven_und_Quisling.jpg

Not cute!
Good night!
:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9