It was Des all along coaching thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who do you think will be coaching us next year?

• Total voters
You need an assistant coach for defence, an assistant coach for attack, an assistant coach for strategies, and an assistant coach for getting the coach his chair and tables. That's where Barrett was let down.

Barrett is as good as gone come nov 4,
He blinked first and showed his hand. His legal team offering a deal yesterday proved he either has a job to start or doesn't want to front on nov 5 at Narrabeen.

Penn has played this right and the money saved will pay for a few of our real Manly guys to come on board.

Best value swap ever.

We can do something special say Sea Eagles
... but Walker and Trbojevic will miss coach Barrett

Jon Geddes

image.ashx

Des Hasler this week.

SEA Eagles stars Dylan Walker and Jake Trbojevic have spoken for the first time about the appointment of Des Hasler as coach, admitting they do not really know what to expect.

“It’s all new again. You’ve got a new coach, he’s got a new way of how he does things and that’s what you’ve got to figure out and make that relationship work,” Walker said at the Golden Eagles Charity Golf day at Long Reef yesterday.

“I don’t know what to expect but I’ve only heard good things. Des’s record speaks for itself. He’s taken Manly to four grand finals and won two and he’s taken the Bulldogs to two grand finals.” Walker said from an outside perspective Hasler was a very hard marker. “I’m pretty excited with the team that he has got here. We think we can do something special,” he said. Trbojevic said: “I’ve never played under Des. It’ll be completely different.

“We just want to improve on last season, obviously we have great players and we know we can do better.

“And this is going to be a new challenge and obviously you always look forward to the new season.”

Both players were full of praise for this year’s head coach Trent Barrett.

Trbojevic said: “I enjoyed playing under Baz. He was a great coach, a great man and we will miss having him around. I learnt a lot playing under him the last three years.”

Walker described Barrett as a good people person who cared about his players. “He was an awesome mentor for me,” he said.

"He’s taken Manly to four grand finals and won two and he’s taken the Bulldogs to two grand finals.”

My father always said there are 3 types of people in this world - those that can count, and those that can't.

"He’s taken Manly to four grand finals and won two and he’s taken the Bulldogs to two grand finals.”

My father always said there are 3 types of people in this world - those that can count, and those that can't.

An argument could be made that Des was a huge factor in our 2013 grand final appearance, even though he was gone by then.

To be fair Dylan would have answered that question off the cuff.
He would've been going on memory and fairly young during Des's Manly years.
A good reporter would have given him the option of correction.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2