It’s official it’s over

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Des needs to weed out Cartwrong. There needs a complete purge of the previous unmotivated, ordinary leadership and he's the last domino to fall hopefully.
And only there because of his contract, another dumb management decision!

Speaking of officially over - seems Zorba had his retirement dinner on Friday night, so Elvis may have finally left the building.

One can only hope that means better fan engagement and a mending of the relationship with the footy club.

Speaking of officially over - seems Zorba had his retirement dinner on Friday night, so Elvis may have finally left the building.

One can only hope that means better fan engagement and a mending of the relationship with the footy club.

And apparently not one official of Manly in attendance ..... I don't know whether to laugh or cry ....

Was the fallout with the football club zorba or Penn related? Either way hopefully everyone can get on the same page, or at very least start reading from the same book.

Has anybody left this place in the past decade on "good" terms ....

If any of you younger silvertails are wondering .... back in the day when we had a statesman and gentleman running the place, any Manly "great" retiring would have been given a special farewell at the leagues club ... where he would have been publicly roasted, his highlights and achievements honoured and his shortcomings and fueds brushed over and smothered for the good of the club ....

Old wounds would have been forgotten for the greater benefit of the "Manly family" ..... perception is tangible and it is what clubs have built their cultures on .... but it appears now vindictiveness is the commodity more highly valued .....

Zorba may well have played his part in the cultural death of Manly ..... but after 50 years of service .... 40 years of which could be argued to have been exemplorary ...... the cost to the club's pride would have been greatly outweighed by the public relations gain of saying ... we are Manly ... we honour our own .....
"

Last edited:
Has anybody left this place in the past decade on "good" terms ....

If any of you younger silvertails are wondering .... back in the day when we had a statesman and gentleman running the place, any Manly "great" retiring would have been given a special farewell at the leagues club ... where he would have been publicly roasted, his highlights and achievements honoured and his shortcomings and fueds brushed over and smothered for the good of the club ....

Old wounds would have been forgotten for the greater benefit of the "Manly family" ..... perception is tangible and it is what clubs have built their cultures on .... but it appears now vindictiveness is the commodity more highly valued .....

Zorba may well have played his part in the cultural death of Manly ..... but after 50 years of service .... 40 years of which could be argued to have exemplorary ...... the cost to the clubs pride would have been greatly outweighed by the public relations gain of saying ... we are Manly ... we honour our own .....
"

Lou Zivanovic put this up on social media with a photo of him & Zorba:
“Peter Peters, Love him or hate him, for 50 years has given his all for the NRL Manly Sea Eagles, as a player, administrator, marketing, what has the club done to acknowledge his retirement,...NOTHING.....absolute disgrace...!!!!!”

“Peter Peters, Love him or hate him, for 50 years has given his all for the NRL Manly Sea Eagles, as a player, administrator, marketing, what has the club done to acknowledge his retirement,...NOTHING.....absolute disgrace...!!!!!”
Yep love him or not he deserved recognition for years of service. I know that a family member of his is battling illness and wish them all the best. Thanks for the good times Zorb.

Fond farewell

Some of the NRL’s big hitters gathered at the Manly Skiff club on Friday for Peter Peters’ retirement drinks. The likes of Bob Fulton, Des Hasler, Max Krilich, Lou Zivanovic and Jack Elsegood were there with some of Sydney’s leading reporters and noted businessman Sam Rahme.

An absentee was former league boss Ken Arthurson. However, he sent a heartfelt note: ‘‘I am sorry that I am unable to attend your retirement function but know you can appreciate why. It is with some sadness for me that you are calling it a day after all those years as a great player and outstanding administrator for our club. Your contribution to rugby league and the Manly club in particular will always be deeply appreciated by me.
"On a personal note I have always regarded both you and Boz as being part of my family and the time we have spent together and the loyalty to each other will never be forgotten. Have a great day, old mate, and enjoy your retirement – nobody deserves it more than you.’’

From Danny The Worms column today

And apparently not one official of Manly in attendance ..... I don't know whether to laugh or cry ....

That's kind of sad given all his years / tenure at the club. Good on the old fella. He loved this club, had / has passion for us (sometimes to his own detriment). He bled for us on the field (was actually a good player). Wish him well into retirement. I'm sure he'll still be in and around the club, just in an unofficial capacity.

He got due acknowledgement the last few times he retired

Finally no more excuses.

Screenshot_20181111-153822.jpg

Zorba said on BSB this morning the farewell was for his media mates and a few old friends.

No one from the club was invited nor was Scott Penn.

He has no issues with the club or Penn.

He has in the past had farewells, retrenchment etc. he has been on the payroll for last couple years as a consultant doing not much.

The club doesn’t owe him much more these days despite his service over a long period of time.

This was another Manly bashing exercise from Slothfield and co.

Time to move on!

PS wonder how many sausage roll eaters were there.

Zorba said on BSB this morning the farewell was for his media mates and a few old friends.

No one from the club was invited nor was Scott Penn.

He has no issues with the club or Penn.

He has in the past had farewells, retrenchment etc. he has been on the payroll for last couple years as a consultant doing not much.

The club doesn’t owe him much more these days despite his service over a long period of time.

This was another Manly bashing exercise from Slothfield and co.

Time to move on!

PS wonder how many sausage roll eaters were there.

Thanks Wheel ..... on the basis of that I retract my earlier comments ......

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2