Is there something wrong at Manly ??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Every off season there seems to be off field player issues, that really flush our season away before it starts.
I know the Brett Stewart case was a setup and injustice, but to call it out, most of these players involved are bringing it on themselves with who they hang out with and reoccurring poor behaviour.
Im starting to become concerned with this consistently happening and we can play the innocent card till guilty, but damn why are Manly players so consistently involved in this crap....do we have a behaviour problem at Manly, because seem to be the most undisciplined team regarding off field issues in recent years...

Every off season there seems to be off field player issues, that really flush our season away before it starts.
I know the Brett Stewart case was a setup and injustice, but to call it out, most of these players involved are bringing it on themselves with who they hang out with and reoccurring poor behaviour.
Im starting to become concerned with this consistently happening and we can play the innocent card till guilty, but damn why are Manly players so consistently involved in this crap....do we have a behaviour problem at Manly, because seem to be the most undisciplined team regarding off field issues in recent years...
We have a mix of loose cannons and highly respectable model citizens. We need middle ground larrikins to balance it out.

I hope we have get out clauses for players that continually bring the club and game into disrepute

Its a NRL wide problem but some clubs including Manly are worse then others.

The NRL should have a policy of only a second chance, after that go be a labourer.
Until they take a hard stance nothing will change. Clubs basically get forced to sack serial dickheads with that player signing and playing elsewhere the following week.
If it is serious enough for them to be sacked then they should be banned from the NRL, it might make the players take a bit more responsibility.

Brett was suspended with no evidence on rape charges, this is walkers 2nd incident.Apart from that I can’t recall any other player i can think of with trouble.So i wouldn’t say there’s problems at the club.

Brett was suspended with no evidence on rape charges, this is walkers 2nd incident.Apart from that I can’t recall any other player i can think of with trouble.So i wouldn’t say there’s problems at the club.

You forget Fainu's sex tape and stabbing charge ... but I take your point ... we seem to be in line with the Industry standard for a group of testosterone fuelled entitled and aggressive young men ..
I don't think we should judge ourselves on these type of situations happening ... however, we can and should judge ourselves by our responses to them .. and our willingness or otherwise to accept them ..

From a purely football point of view: if Dylan Walker was a worth his pay on the footy field, I would be more disappointed than I am. He is overrated as a footballer. He’s not useless, but he certainly isn’t a marquee player... and he’s injury prone. From an off field point of view: it’s actually pretty sad... but there are consequences for actions.

Its a NRL wide problem but some clubs including Manly are worse then others.

The NRL should have a policy of only a second chance, after that go be a labourer.
Until they take a hard stance nothing will change. Clubs basically get forced to sack serial dickheads with that player signing and playing elsewhere the following week.
If it is serious enough for them to be sacked then they should be banned from the NRL, it might make the players take a bit more responsibility.
Also a problem in society in general

Lost more arrogant ****wits around now than ever before especially people,who have money and think they are special

Another ongoing upshot of the Bob Fulton ‘Yes, dickheads!’ policy. Thanks Bob.

Would love to hear him interviewed on how he thinks the ‘ditch a promising local junior in Gutherson, sign a problem child (that Souths were happy to ditch) strategy’ worked out. But that will never happen.

Ultimately the Penns have to take some of the blame. They created much of the instability that ultimately led to Fulton’s sadly forgettable final contribution to the club. Hence why we wound up with the likes of Walker on the books.

I was reading this thread thinking "This seems a bit random, possibly harsh."

The I clicked on google news.

~sigh~

Well, let it play out I guess.

But it's funny ya know. Some teams flick potential (Flanagan) when they get a few chances and don't step while others persist with underperforming players and even re-sign them ~cough~

Also some teams turf repeat offenders, others extend contracts of players who are still err...sorting things out.

finally, some teams seem to sign players for the positions they are good at, other teams seem determined to bash that square peg into that round hole. Which is even worse when that square peg is a repeat offending ning nong.

As is the case a lot of the time unfortunately, professional rugby league players are constantly baited publicly (particularly after they've had a couple of beverages)... I have a sneaking suspicion the unknown woman and the man who intervened knew each other, and the woman invited a slightly tipsy Walker into her car to share a pizza. The intervening man was ready, abusive, and extremely aggressive. They call an employee to get involved, and you've got 3 people whinging to the police vs a slightly drunk famous RL player with a negative public profile. Not saying he couldn't have avoided this, and absolutely he needs to take more responsibility, but this smells like the typical annual media bashing of nrl players that we see every off-season...just click bait

Last edited:
As is the case a lot of the time unfortunately, professional rugby league players are constantly baited publicly (particularly after they've had a couple of beverages)... I have a sneaking suspicion the unknown woman and the man who intervened knew each other, and the woman invited a slightly tipsy Walker into her car to share a pizza. The intervening man was ready, abusive, and extremely aggressive. They call an employee to get involved, and you've got 3 people whinging to the police vs a slightly drunk famous RL player with a negative public profile. Not saying he couldn't have avoided this, and absolutely he needs to take more responsibility, but this smells like the typical annual media bashing of nrl players that we see every off-season...just click bait
Similar thing happened to Willie Mason, years ago he was in Maccas at the Cross and some goose started racially abusing him nonstop. Willie just ignored him but his brother Les was there too and “sorted” the other guy out.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6