Is there a free tipping comp that everyone on this board is going to enter?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We have a tipping comp that carries the name of Corso Jan, one of the best and most graceful people to visit these boards.  There is a charge to enter with proceeds going to breast cancer research.

And a prize for winning $20 gets you in for the year and Saar last year picked up an awesome prize worth well ove $150.

If you don't know corsi jan was a manly supporter who many knew and who really became the epitome of a manly fan with a brave and happy face despite the adversity facing her. She lost a brave battle and we hope to honour her now and in the future.

This year i am donating a minimum of $100 to charity but am hoping to donate more as long as we get the entrants. The site costs are less this year thanks to Zep so we can donate more but I don't want to have to burden him beyond this year so hopefuly we can push to even for a secure future.

Anyway I hope you get involved in tge tipping comp to honour Jan and to help secure silvertails future.

Dan

I think that any tipper tipping against Manly should be excluded from this tipping comp.  Those that want to tip against the Mighty Eagles should go elsewhere.

I did suggest last year that everyone had an automatic tip for Manly each week.

Dont know if Dan decided to run with it or not?

well its a tipping comp not an "I am blindly loyal" comp.

The reality is we wont win every game and tipping that way is a recipe for failure

I like the thought of a 'blindly loyal' tipping comp.  Traitors, those who tip against the Mighty Eagles, can go tip elsewhere.  Why pander to those whose loyalties are suss.   

I tip against Manly, are you questioning my loyalty?

if everyone does it it means zero to the outcome of the comp, gives no advantage to anybody

Fro link said:
if everyone does it it means zero to the outcome of the comp, gives no advantage to anybody

Well that's not entirely true.

It takes away the possible advantage that those who use logic over faith may be able to gain. Why reward people for not using their brains?

One of the few times I have ever agreed 100% with Matabele...and by the way, tipping against Manly (if money is involved) doesn't mean you are not a true supporter!!

I go on one tipping comp (for fun) and pick Manly every week....we also have an office comp ($50.00 in each.....and there are 10 people involved....winner takes all).....I am after points and nothing else and there were many occasions I tipped against them in 2009.

Does not mean I am not a true supporter

Unless you have tasted the free sandwiches in the Presidents Lounge you are not a true supporter

It's like this Rex, and others, I go to games wanting and hoping that Manly win.  End of story.  I never bet against my team.  And neither should you.   

DSM5 link said:
It's like this Rex, and others, I go to games wanting and hoping that Manly win.  End of story.  I never bet against my team.  And neither should you.   

If you can't tell the difference between your head & your heart, that's your problem but don't judge others who do have that ability.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6