Is the real Manly back?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagle9413

Forward Pass
Today we played in such a way that reminded me of our "decade of dominance" (so did last week). We have conceded 8 points in the last 2 games. Our defence right now is surely one of the best in the comp?

Now, I know it is only round 4 but we have beaten 2 of the top 8 teams from last year.

I don't want to get ahead of myself but I have to ask you guys the question:

Is Manly Back?

Sport is a confidence arena. @:cool:

Last week's win up in 1300 Smiles, has confirmed that supporting the man with the ball will go a long way to scoring tries.

It's good to watch :clap:

Still too early to say but that's our best win under Baz. Mental application and attitude gives you the edge in the modern game so I want to see how the team responds to punch for punch against an opposition that is playing well. It's easy to gain the momentum and shut out a poor opposition but sometimes good sides wrestle the momentum back...when we do that, will I say the real Manly is back.

Does the fact that we are in the top 4 show that alone! But seriously yes, yes we are. Manly, when manly, are the toughest side mentally. This side has certainly showed this yet again, as time goes on we are improving and we have set ourselves for one hell of a match next week. Go manly!!

are we back?

DSCF8470.jpg

Our defence has been good this year bar one game. Against parra we defended like champions but fatigue finally crept in. I'm excited about the way the team is shaping up

Today we played in such a way that reminded me of our "decade of dominance" (so did last week). We have conceded 8 points in the last 2 games. Our defence right now is surely one of the best in the comp?

Now, I know it is only round 4 but we have beaten 2 of the top 8 teams from last year.

I don't want to get ahead of myself but I have to ask you guys the question:

Is Manly Back?

I have to say, yes - very much so :D

It begs the question, though, I wonder what was the watershed which turned them around, and without Kapow and AFB?

I think so, I can feel it in my loins. There is a good mix of youth and old heads, defence is back to what we expect and some exciting combos. Add in some depth and imagine if lane came on late today to put the icing on. We have a football team once again, after 2 years of sitting in the rain

Still too early to say but that's our best win under Baz. Mental application and attitude gives you the edge in the modern game so I want to see how the team responds to punch for punch against an opposition that is playing well. It's easy to gain the momentum and shut out a poor opposition but sometimes good sides wrestle the momentum back...when we do that, will I say the real Manly is back.
Exactly right, when we were in our prime we would never die and come back to win when the chips were down. I remember a game against the Roosters a few years back when we were getting owned and the boys said - stuff this, and showed the Roosters what a champion team was.

I'm liking where we are heading and I'm starting to see signs - ticker and smiles.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2