Is Matai Injured??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bones

Bones Knows
In todays Big League there is a story on the International eligibilty rules and how Steve Matai has chosen Samoa over NZ. The second paragraph of that story is as follows:

'Matai, who last played for the Kiwis in 2009, will miss Samoa's test against Tonga at Centrebet Stadium next Saturday night through injury but wants to represent his country come the end-of-season comp.'

Maybe it's a similar injury to the one Choc had for Manly in the pre-season. He couldn't play in the All Stars match but played in the trail match against the Sharks.

I read somewhere last week "Barring injury Matai will represent Samao" ? I thought it was an odd thing to write.

bones said:
Maybe it's a similar injury to the one Choc had for Manly in the pre-season. He couldn't play in the All Stars match but played in the trail match against the Sharks.

And coopers ongoing chronic injury that forces him out of games depending on how close they are to his house

Stevo said:
lloydy said:
I read somewhere last week "Barring injury Matai will represent Samao" ? I thought it was an odd thing to write.

That is odd. Where is Samao?

I think it's where Sao was born?

Chip and Chase said:
He is just assuming he will get injured against Cronulla. Fair assumption too.

Haha! Perhaps the thread title should be, "Is Matai about to be injured?".

Stevo said:
lloydy said:

That is odd. Where is Samao?

Queensland!

Obviously.

(Maybe I shoulda typed "Queenlsand")

manlyfan76 said:
Does anyone actually think Matai has been 100% injury free ever in the last 4 years?

Exactly, Matai has an amazing threshold of pain. Still in awe of how he stayed on at AAMI with one shouler and one leg :angel:

He wants to play in the World Cup and next week's game is irrelevant to that. The 12 day's rest is what he needs.

The Sloth should nominate for Tonga as he won't be a Roo again :idea:

In today's Smellygraph:

Tempering news of Glenn's return is the possible loss of centre Steve Matai with a fractured finger that could keep him sidelined for three to four matches.

Moondog said:
Another bloody finger injury. Chee Kams a centre is'nt he, wonder if he'll get a run.

Would probably be Symonds to centre. Covered for Matai there in round 2 i think it was.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7