Is Killer complaining to the refs too much

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

should killer stop the whinge

• Total voters

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
I love Killer but seriously he needs to stop the complaining as its starting to affect his game IMO

It's a difficult one, I thought last year he was, but it seems what the captains need to do to slow down the game. However last night I only thought he spoke to the refs on a couple of occasions....and when George Rose dropped that ball he was blowing up!!! But can't blame him for that...how did they miss it??

The problem is most of the time he is right.

The way Manly are singled out by the officiating is a real issue. Teams can overcome it if they are full of stars but the NRL cap is ripping us apart now. The slide has begun. If the officiating problems Manly have aren't fixed the team will drop to the bottom of the ladder and then the club will get poor crowds and less sponsorship dollars.

It's a doomsday scenario. But whether its Lyon on the field and back room talks with the NRL something has to change.

There was a comment from someone on another thread and I agree with it, and they said we seem to take the bad calls personally and let it affect us too much. We do need to be a bit more hard nosed when we get bad decisions (we should be used to it by now!!) and try and arrest the momentum (I realize this is easy said than done).

'Play to the whistle' is the only Rule and as a Senior Player, Killer should know this.

It makes no difference that they are wrong - it is their rules during the game - simples ! :cool:

I was really glad that they brought in the no talk policy, but Killer didn't get the Memo and was distracted from his game badly last night.

Righteous indignation = loss of two match points :dodgy:

Killer03 said:
...and when George Rose dropped that ball he was blowing up!!! But can't blame him for that...how did they miss it??
Agree. Like in the GF when the ball went dead off Jennings. Lyon blew up, but it fell on deaf ears.

Killer03 said:
There was a comment from someone on another thread and I agree with it, and they said we seem to take the bad calls personally and let it affect us too much. We do need to be a bit more hard nosed when we get bad decisions (we should be used to it by now!!) and try and arrest the momentum (I realize this is easy said than done).
To encourage the 'hard nose response' killer should tone it down, or stop it alltogether. I believe it is having a bad effect on the concentration of some of his teammates. They take it personally, they are then looking back, not forwards.

EagleFromMay1967 said:
Killer03 said:
To encourage the 'hard nose response' killer should tone it down, or stop it alltogether. I believe it is having a bad effect on the concentration of some of his teammates. They take it personally, they are then looking back, not forwards.
did anyone see Jarrod Hayne last night,he must be sailing close to the wind with the refs,he really pushes it to the limit

It's a manly tactic from way back. Bob Fulton as coach got Kevin Walters sent off before the whistle had blown during the second half in an England tour after instructions him to mention the penalty count to the ref.

I don't think the team is having a win taking the ref on in today's climate. It's having the total opposite effect. The ref gets off side and penalises more. I could hear players swearing at the ref when a call didn't go manlys way. It should have brought a further penalty. That negatively is not what you want on a football field, it grows. I hate to say it but in game one we looked ill disciplined and mentally weak.

Hopefully we learn from the experience.

The Who said:
For a start, the two referee policy HAS NOT WORKED!
You can only have one boss. When will the NRL admit they have erred and return to this rule?
The quality of refereeing at the moment is abysmal. Having two of them on the field just makes it worse. I'd love to see a return to one ref but i don't see the NRL admitting they got it wrong.
They'll just go on inventing new rules and ignoring the root of the problem.

When has a ref ever changed their mind after a decision has been given? All it does it get into the ref's head for the next call

lsz said:
When has a ref ever changed their mind after a decision has been given? All it does it get into the ref's head for the next call

Memo recruitment team: Desperately seeking a mute rugby league player to take over captaincy of the mighty Sea Eagles.

I seem to remember a few years ago when a bad call came against us, we took it out on the opposition.

The guys just said alright you got that one but wait until you guys run at us in the next set of six. There was some mongrel and we made the opposition pay for the ref's mistakes.

I don't see that now they seem to drop their heads a bit.

So one piece of advice is get back to - if we get a bad call (and there are a lot of them) make the opposition pay and hurt them rather than worry about it.

lsz said:
I think that is the whole point of it. Make the ref wonder if he made a howler, which then increases the pressure on him to make the next 50/50 go with the other team.

I think that is the whole point of it. Make the ref wonder if he made a howler, which then increases the pressure on him to make the next 50/50 go with the other team.
[/quote]

Yep...which is why i think it should be done selectively

master blaster said:
EagleFromMay1967 said:
Killer03 said:
did anyone see Jarrod Hayne last night,he must be sailing close to the wind with the refs,he really pushes it to the limit

Didn't see this game, but have seen Hayne previously and he sail very close to the wind. How about Thurston? He just openly says to the refs that they've cheated him and openly swears and gesticulates.....but for some reason JT is the prince behind Cameron Smith when it comes to this....can't be wrong.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7