Morgan Harper

Harper got schooled by Olam. Olam is the most imposing centre in the game and he gave Morgan no peace last night.

The drizzle did their homework and attacked our right edge and got rewarded with 6 tries coming down that side.

Confidence is everything in big games and the dropped ball that led to try 1 was a killer for Harper.

Harper will bounce back!
We are ALL only as great as the great opposition we defeat

I dont think Harper got schooled by Olam. Harper just had a straight up shocker. All his mistakes were his own doing and school boy errors. It wasn't really Olam dominating him. This right edge used to be a strong aspect of our game but has turned to pooh the past few weeks. Surely Des will put a lot of effort into fixing this.
Also, where has our left edge shape gone? Ever since that Storm game 5 weeks ago we changed our game plan to cut Tom back under and now we seem to have lost our shape altogether

Personally I think Harper should be given another shot against the Roosters. He's played a significant part in getting us this far. Unfortunately, his game for us Friday night, wasn't NRL standard. It wasn't just Harper though.

The reality is that we lost the game in the first 20 minutes. We lost the forward battle in the first 20 and never really got back on top. We can't allow that to happen again. Des has the opportunity to change things up a bit this week. Perhaps if we start with Paseka, Taupau and Aloiai we win that forward battle in the initial 20 minutes.

If Des doesnt pick Harper as centre this week against the Rooster, he probably wont be in the seventeen at all. If that was to happen I would run with this team, to try and win the forward battle early, and maintain that momentum through the rest of the game.

1. Turbo
2. Garrick
3. Parker
4. Walker
5. Saab
6. Foran
7. DCE
8. Paseka
9. Croker
10. Taupau
11. Aloiai
12. Ola'katu
13. Jake
14. Lawton
15. Schuster
16. Keppie
17. Sipley
18. Suli

I like Morgan Harper I've been watching him closely and even still framing his footage ,he seems to be worried about who is going to tackle him ect wether that be from a bomb or when he's bringing Ball back ,I'd say just concentrate on you Morgan ,but will get better in that department and he is definitely a confidence player,1st full year in first grade
Wonder if he is carrying an injury. He's played the entire year with a lot of sticky tape on his leg. If fit I have no concerns about him going up against Olam again, all year he's taken care of the likes of Kikau, Fifita, Best.
His defence has been aggressive and in your face, so i don't know why he's now backing off instead of going forward. I thought defence problems out wide usually start with what is happening (or not happening) inside - maybe inside defenders are not coming across fast enough?

You watch. Coates will be the comp's leading scorer and Meaney will become an excellent utility player next season. There is something 'magical' about the Storm's recruitment, coaching and methods that turns average players into stars.
The only player I can think of who didn't prosper under Bellyache was Sam Fatsiano.
I don't think there is any magic dust involved. It's just the lure of playing finals and having a crack at a grand final. That is a huge motivator. Every player who signs with Melbourne goes there knowing that is possible, and that enhances motivation and focus right from the start. Plus they only sign players who they believe will be dedicated to that cause and work hard.

Wonder if he is carrying an injury. He's played the entire year with a lot of sticky tape on his leg. If fit I have no concerns about him going up against Olam again, all year he's taken care of the likes of Kikau, Fifita, Best.
His defence has been aggressive and in your face, so i don't know why he's now backing off instead of going forward. I thought defence problems out wide usually start with what is happening (or not happening) inside - maybe inside defenders are not coming across fast enough?
I have been watching this closely. Chez has a habit of rushing up in defence on our line which is why most centres outside him look bad. Why we were so successful earlier in the season is Harper was rushing up next to Chez and stopping the overlap. The past few weeks Harper has started coming up and stopping, sometimes even back tracking. If Chez is gonna keep rushing up (which he will) cos he's done it forever then Harper just has to find the energy to be by his side. Maybe he is injured, maybe he is gassed after his first full NRL season. Whatever the reason he needs to find the energy this week!

I don't think there is any magic dust involved. It's just the lure of playing finals and having a crack at a grand final. That is a huge motivator. Every player who signs with Melbourne goes there knowing that is possible, and that enhances motivation and focus right from the start. Plus they only sign players who they believe will be dedicated to that cause and work hard.
Watching from close quarters on Friday night,really highlighted the camaraderie the Storm have through the club.The players not playing formed a guard of honour as the team ran on,they were all pumped up on the sideline throwing out encouragement to the rest.Compare that to the morbid sight on the Manly bench,which was not a good look even before the result looked inevitable,you can see why they are club they are

I have been watching this closely. Chez has a habit of rushing up in defence on our line which is why most centres outside him look bad. Why we were so successful earlier in the season is Harper was rushing up next to Chez and stopping the overlap. The past few weeks Harper has started coming up and stopping, sometimes even back tracking. If Chez is gonna keep rushing up (which he will) cos he's done it forever then Harper just has to find the energy to be by his side. Maybe he is injured, maybe he is gassed after his first full NRL season. Whatever the reason he needs to find the energy this week!
Perhaps having to look after a toddler sapped his energy?

Funny how Suli has become our new messiah.

He's been here 4 seasons & I can count on one hand the number of games he's been effective for us, broken through opposition defensive lines & not been a liability in defence, & 2 of them were within the last 4 weeks, when he was playing for a contract.

Harper - who has provided much needed defence at right centre as well as the link to our fastest winger all season - has one shocker of a game (in a team where several if not most of our players had shockers) against a team that is arguably the best team in the comp for over a decade, & people are calling for him to be dropped & replaced by Suli?

Suli - who has his next fat contract sewn up & who won't be here next year - is suddenly going to start busting through the line, creating gaps, scoring tries & defending our line & win us the GF.

Crazy.

I am struggling to remember a player who was so negatively influential on our side. On one hand truly remarkable how many games he has single handedly lost us, that in itself is quite a feat.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2