Is Dessie our greatest ever Coach ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

dceagle

Reserve Grader
I say emphatically YES .

He took over a rabble off a side early on and moulded them into what they are today.

He has coached the side to 8 consecutive finals apperances. Making 3 GF's in the last 5 years speaks testimony to his genius. Of course with the possibility of winning 2 of those 3 this Sunday ( We all know the circumstances surrounding the one he didn't win don't we.)

He has nurtured many , many young players into potential superstars.
While also reinvigorating many older players new to our club.

Dessie , your an absolute legend .

He would be close, but don't fall into the trap (that apparently many media outlets do) of thinking because someone is current and doing well, that they are the best ever...Dessie is unreal, but Fulton wasn't a slouch either!!

I think it is very close between Bob Fulton and Des. But I was only very young when Frank Stanton was coach, and he must have been great too. His efforts in 78 to get us up for so many big games showed how good a coach he must have been too.

Andy1972
Manly Forever.

Tough choice between DES, bozo and biscuits. Bozo consistently had more internationals at his disposal, so I feel DES has done more with less. Frank was fantastic too, wonder how he ended up being part of cowboys and storm, I mean he played for us, coached us and was chief exec in the 90s for a bit. Strange he ended up with news ltd.

Fulton was ruthless. So is Des. BUT, it's amazing thing that people are comparing Dessie to Bennett and Bellamy.

Honestly, Des should have acquired a few coach of the years at the Dally M's.

In short, yes he is. Des has achieved great success in a comp where the Salary cap makes it very hard to compete for consecutive years. 3 GF's in 5 years is a massive effort!!!!

DES doesn't have an open cheque book worth of playing talent like Bozo and Stanton had. In saying that, both those guys were up against much better opposition than today's team. The competition is generally not as strong these days, but the talent is more evenly spread, because of the salary cap.

Can I say, Crusher has a heck of a lot to do with where we are today as well.

The guy could sniff talent in Bronwyn Bishop's huge ass. Hidden anywhere.

Des Hasler.

Although i am a very selfish person and not prone to sharing, i am also a very bitter and sore loser. With this in mind, i'd love to see Des get his hands on the Blues side for a couple of years. I'm sure he could stop the rot and get the Blues back in the winning circle

LETS KEEP DES AT MANLY

This is my first post on this forum but i have been a Manly fan for 35 years.I have seen all the highs and lows during that period and enjoyed the journey.Living in regional NSW means i cant get to all the games however i am about to attend my 3rd Grand final in 5 years.:D
Currently we are going through a purple patch in our history and most of that success can be attributed to Dessie Hasler and also Noel Cleal.With trying financial problems they have managed to build a great team.I fear that success may go with them if they leave Manly as reported.
I could'nt believe Dessie would contemplate this when i heard it.I know the club is in financial difficuly and may not be able to pay what other clubs can.There must be a way we can keep them both.I am personally willing to put up $1000 every year that Dessie and Crusher want to stay.Assuming Dessie is on $400000 and Bulldogs are offering $600000.Thats a shortfall of $200000.You cant tell me there are not 200-300 supporters out there who could not come up with this money.
So lets put our money where our mouths are and get the ball rolling in the KEEP DES AT MANLY campaign
I pledge $1000 per year
GO MANLY:)
Luke

RE: LETS KEEP DES AT MANLY

I'm in for a buck if we can get the other 199,999 Manly fans on board.

He isn't leaving, Bulldog fans are kidding themselves if they believe so. Dessie is Manly through and through.

torana355 said:
Would rather give 100 bucks and have 3000 supporters put in :p
That can work too;)

Chip and Chase said:
I'm in for a buck if we can get the other 199,999 Manly fans on board.

I think it will be easier approaching less supporters with a set ammount

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4