Is DCE being setup?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mosto

I have a well known member
Premium Member
With GI retiring I've heard a couple of interviews around who the next Qld captain will be. In my mind it's DCE. I also think it would be hilarious to see the reaction from the likes of Tallis an co for the way they treated him and wanted him blackballed. However, because of the resentment against him, I didn't think they would seriously consider it. That was until I heard an interview with Kevin Walters who, when asked on the subject, said they had a few options but specifically mentioned DCE and Morgan. I also read a quote from Cameron Smith where he stated that in his view a current club captain should be chosen. To me that basically leaves, DCE, Morgan and Boyd. I think Munster has the 6 shirt and DCE the 7 so Morgan makes the bench at best. Boyd should be dropped from first grade on current form, let alone picked for SOO.

Here's the thing though. I would expect NSW to be strong favourites this year. That's not to say they're certainties, but they're currently $1.45 to win the series. If DCE does get the nod and Qld do get rolled, this potentially gives the haters more ammo as they'll lay the blame squarely on his shoulders. Personally, I think he's on a hiding to nothing, unfortunately.

I would be surprised if they appoint Cherry, he only got picked in 3rd gamebecause they were desperate and no other alternative.

He has played one origin in a row, and if They can muster up a reason due to form or better combination/game they will still opt for a Hunt/Munster/Ponga halves combo rather than Cherry.

Not good for the team captain to be 2nd choice

Its a shame dce is not from nsw. Should have used some bogus ingles clause. As most of us are hoping for a blues win dce will probly be the scapegoat if qld start losing alot.

I would be surprised if they appoint Cherry, he only got picked in 3rd gamebecause they were desperate and no other alternative.

He has played one origin in a row, and if They can muster up a reason due to form or better combination/game they will still opt for a Hunt/Munster/Ponga halves combo rather than Cherry.

That's a fair point @The Wheel however I think they have a potentially high quality spine of Ponga / Munster / DCE / Friend, but as you say, their vision is that blurred with DCE hate they may not see it.

pretty sure DCE will get the nod he has had success in this squad already when i thought he was being set up .

Benji brought up a salient point on NRL360 when Chez Hater Knt was pushing for Munster based on the start of his 10 year Qld dynasty @:rolleyes:

'Captains have to deal a lot with the Media and Corporates and some players are best left to dealing with just footy' :wait:

Munster and Morgan are the same inarticulate footballer types :nod:

Hope Chez gets the chance to captain the state that villified him for exercising a valid clause :nod:

2015_Chez_Cockroach.jpg

2018_SOO_Chez_Try_Celebration2.jpg

I think this is way off the mark. DCE dominated in game 3. Smith, Meninga, Walters etc raved about his performance. If he holds his form over the next month he will be picked without question. He is their first choice, Hunt is going to be their 9.

Benji brought up a salient point on NRL360 when Chez Hater Knt was pushing for Munster based on the start of his 10 year Qld dynasty @:rolleyes:

'Captains have to deal a lot with the Media and Corporates and some players are best left to dealing with just footy' :wait:

Munster and Morgan are the same inarticulate footballer types :nod:

Hope Chez gets the chance to captain the state that villified him for exercising a valid clause :nod:

View attachment 11255

View attachment 11256

There’s another thing to consider with Munster, and that’s his poor record as far as off-field behaviour is concerned. Do you really want your captain getting sent home or banned from selection for 12 months due to poor behaviour in camp?

I have to say I was quite impressed by Morgan's dealing with the refs when they allowed play to continue when Nene McDonald & the other bloke were injured in backplay in the Storm game.

He kept his cool & spoke quite well, I thought...considering he had sCam Smith constantly interrupting, trying to distract the ref & claiming it was a square up for NQL previously scoring a try off a forward pass.

That made my blood boil sitting at home watching it, especially when you saw Smith clearly looking back at the injured players & insisting on quick play-the-balls because he knew the refs were bound to stop play. So ignoring Smith like MM did despite his blood being up from playing 70 minutes of footy was admirable IMO.

Corey Parker said it should be Matt Gillett, what a surprise talking up a Bronco.

Whilst I'm on this subject, I really get sick of the Ex Broncos players that are now commentators such as Parker, Hodges , Tallis etc only ever talking about Broncos or Queenslanders. Move on boys....

If Qld loses the SOO, regardless of the result or performance, DCE will be the one to cop it, If he is captain it will be 10 x worse. I don't think its a set up buuuut they will rip him a new one.
I just hope that whatever transpires we walks out with no less confidence than he walks in with, that is my only worry.

If Qld loses the SOO, regardless of the result or performance, DCE will be the one to cop it, If he is captain it will be 10 x worse. I don't think its a set up buuuut they will rip him a new one.
I just hope that whatever transpires we walks out with no less confidence than he walks in with, that is my only worry.
There are very few who have had the honour of captaining club, state and country. Chez just needs the state to complete the trifecta :nod:

I don't know if any more abuse could be shoved his way that he hasn't weathered already.

Chez was already blamed for that Qld loss even though he was the rookie :confused:

I just want to watch Tallis' head explode after Chez gets the captaincy :devil:

I don't know if any more abuse could be shoved his way that he hasn't weathered already.

I just want to watch Tallis' head explode after Chez gets the captaincy :devil:

Don't underestimate the inbreds (ex bronco et al.) They will find a way to outdo themselves on that front.

I would be fun to see Tallis's face though haha.

I am just concerned for DCE and the confidence factor to his game if they really get stuck in if things go pear shape, he deserves the captaincy but not the cranky butt Qlder after a loss!!.

Don't underestimate the inbreds (ex bronco et al.) They will find a way to outdo themselves on that front.

I would be fun to see Tallis's face though haha.

I am just concerned for DCE and the confidence factor to his game if they really get stuck in if things go pear shape, he deserves the captaincy but not the cranky butt Qlder after a loss!!.
If Chez were a sociopath he could throw an intercept to Jakey at Suncorp for a Blues Series win >:):rofl:
giphy.gif

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9