Irate Brown warns of NRL 'bloodbath'

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Zep

Bencher
http://nrl.com.au/News/Latest/tabid/10244/default.aspx?id=52114

Irate Brown warns of NRL 'bloodbath'
By Steve Jancetic
AAP
St George Illawarra coach Nathan Brown has warned of an NRL "bloodbath" unless the game's governing body stops turning a blind eye to Melbourne's use of illegal tactics.

Brown unleashed the extraordinary and pre-meditated outburst after claiming to be insulted by Billy Slater's defence at the NRL judiciary.

The Storm fullback said he was provoked into instigating an all-in brawl by a series of headbutts from Dragons winger Jason Nightingale.

Slater successfully argued for a downgrade on his contrary conduct charge after he was pinged by the match review committee for unleashing a flurry of punches on Nightingale.

"As far as I'm concerned the only thing Jason did wrong is he didn't headbutt him hard enough," Brown said.

"That's what he should have done.

"Then Jeff Lima kicks Jason Ryles in the scrum, and then Ryles gets sent off for kicking back.

"Jason Ryles should have unpacked out of the scrum and put one on his chin and then when he went down give him more because you've got to fight the fire with the fire.

"Whingeing about it ... it does ****, it doesn't do anything."

An incensed Brown claimed the Storm were getting away with murder at the ruck, and called for officials to stamp it out of the game or for other teams to be given the same leniency.

And he warned of dire ramifications should officials continue to ignore concerns from rival NRL sides, with Sydney Roosters coach Brad Fittler and Cronulla and Australian Test coach Ricky Stuart this week both voicing their disapproval of the Storm tactics.

Brown even hinted at a new type of tackle being used to slow down the play the ball, with the `Shinboner' - where an defender uses his shinbone to rub up and down the attacker's Achilles heel, being used on several of his players.

This just adds to the list which already includes the grapple, the prowler, the crusher and the chicken wing.

"Melbourne have been very, very good at it (and have been) for a long time," Brown said.

"We're not good enough at it - they're better at ... half of it they invented, they'll tell you they didn't.

"It doesn't bother me they do it, but what bothers me is the officials in our game keep letting the system down.

"We went there the other night to ruffle their feathers.

"They keep letting it happen and my advice to other sides is the only chance you've got of beating Melbourne is to join in, you join in and get in and rip in a make the game a bloodbath.

"That's the only way you can win unless the officials want to change their approach to the game."

Brown made no secret of the fact his side wanted to muscle up against the Storm, but admitted that game plan was thrown out the window when enforcer Ryles was sent off for kicking Lima, a decision referees boss Robert Finch panned the next day.

The Dragons mentor, who last week signed a three-year deal to coach Huddersfield in the English Super League next season, said he hoped the red and whites were handed another assignment against the Storm this season.

That will only happen if the two should meet in the finals, but it promises to be a spicy one should it eventuate.

"I hope we get another crack at the Storm because you can tell the officials if they're going to keep reffing the way they ref the ruck, we're coming harder next time because that's the way, you've got to fight it," he said.

"My tip for every side is don't worry about whingeing about what's happening, just join in."

We were all thinking it

Listen to Brown offloading on the Storm

http://dragons.portal.viostream.com/#navbar=ff0dc87a-4ecb-4710-8d99-a9cfa91ef411%2C0%2CDateAdded
Great stuff Brownie

"Jason Ryles should have unpacked himself from the scrum and put one on his chin and then jumped on him and give him more" Brownie

"We went there the other night to ruffle their feathers.

"They keep letting it happen and my advice to other sides is the only chance you've got of beating Melbourne is to join in, you join in and get in and rip in a make the game a bloodbath.

"That's the only way you can win unless the officials want to change their approach to the game."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24071870-23214,00.html

i fully agree with brown.the tigers tried the same the week before.now the warriors will go hard at the storm.
problem is,if a team wants to 'take it to em',they need the personel,the big guys and also be good enough to post points.the other problem is the blatant protection of the storm by the referees.
hope the warriors cause them some damage,then we can inflict further damage on them.all these hard games are gonna take its toll on them.
they might run out of puff come finals time.

Good on ya brownie.

Not a truer word been spoken. I hope Perry puts a few on their chins too. I'd love to see Slater run in at Matai.

I agree we need to muscle up against them and even employ some illegal tactics against them, however not in Round 22. Let the other teams soften them up until we get them in the Grand Final.

Thats when Matai and Choc and Perry and co need to really inflict some hurt on these ****ing scumbags. Highly unlikely you will be sent off in a GF and all will be forgiven if you get 3 or 4 weeks suspension in 2009 after we have beaten them t their own game in the GF.

I have never rated brownie higher than I do after that. How good was when he said the only thing Jason did wrong was that he didn't head but him hard enough! Great call. Letting slater off was blatant NFL favoirtism

i would like to see matai and perry only go after these guys, and maybe King... the rest need to concentrate on there own game and don't get hypnotised by the opposition, worrying what they are going to do.

Hpoefully Dragons play the Storm in the finals - bash the crap out of each other

I don't normally enter in to these debates but having caught a bit of the Fatty show last night and hearing Laurie Daley saying that he knew Bellamy quite well and would be surprised if the wrestling and "hurt" tactics employed around the ruck were part of training at the Storm !!!!

They have (had?) a professional wrestling coach!!

If an influencer of the game like Daley can be so blatant on national TV to try to defend tactics like shin bones on achilles, choke holds and tackles that can easily cause a dislocation then what is being done behind closed doors?

And don't get me going on Billy "But he head butt me sir" Slater - Can you imagine Stevey Matai, Kingy, Choc or JP only getting a 1 match ban for legging in from the outer and sticking 4 or 5 big ones on an away player?

I'm so up for the Storm game and hope we smash 'em off the park!!

PS ONYA BROWNY - you said it as it is (Also Freddy (Adolf) Fittler was saying the same)

Zep link said:
i would like to see matai and perry only go after these guys, and maybe King... the rest need to concentrate on there own game and don't get hypnotised by the opposition, worrying what they are going to do.
Yep Kingy could fight the chicken wing with his chicken legs

Where has this passion been for last four years, maybe if he got his fired up week to week the dragqueens woud be a force to be reckoned with, I love it more animosity towards those fukcing melbourne jerks. could we now be the second most hated team in the NRL???

Good onya Brownie, fire up old son. Great read that one, and i agree, Nightingale should have broken Slaters nose with a good headbutt

These mongrels seem to pick their marks though, i don't think they will go at Matai, Choc or Perry, because they know what they will receive back, they prefer to get blokes like Soward

Anyhow, Ben Cross has probably told them to stay away from Matai. After he dropped his knees on Hill a few years back, and Matai gave him a severe toweling up, 1 of the best i have seen, I don't think any of their cats will be interested

No, but if someone does i would love to see it again. Ryan might have it ? Think he said he has lots of games on DVD

Was a top night, We qualified for the top 8 and our centre gave Canberra's big front rower a hiding

Was that the one where someone was sent off and Tezza followed him all the way to the far sideline yelling at him things like "Who are you, you aren't even good enough to be on a field with me" etc

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6