Interesting comment by Watmough

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ceagle

Bencher
After receiving MOTM award he said BA (Brad Arthur) was the main reason the defense has improved since last year. Maybe Arthur should be getting some more praise around here?

Also looks like Parish is working wonders for Parra

Our defence is obviously better than last year. We are getting back to the basics. Good goal line D, fitness, and wrapping up the ball. We strayed from that last year.

Ceagle said:
After receiving MOTM award he said BA (Brad Arthur) was the main reason the defense has improved since last year. Maybe Arthur should be getting some more praise around here?

Nice to hear. Brad Arthur must be bloody glad he got out of Parra as well.:shy:

So far this year our defense has been..... Brilliant. In your face, brutal, aggressive... But above all, solid as a rock. In 5 games we've conceded 36 points: just 7.2 points per game. Next best is the Rorters, with 42 from 4 games @ 10.5/game.

I've said it before, defense wins premierships: and defensively no one is looking as good as we do at this stage of the season.

Just wrote this in another thread, but Tooves should be congratulated for knowing how to delegate - getting the best out of his coaching staff as well as his players. Great that the players think highly of Brad Arthur. Hope he's enjoying himself at the club.

Excellent news. The defence looks so more solid this yr. Of course there will be games where we open up but we have the best defence in the comp so far and that's always a great sign. Problems if we win 24-20 each week.

Listening to the game on the radio,
I heard Dogs received a penalty close to Manlys line. Ennis took it back to the 20M line to try to get the Manly defence "broken"as opposed to a solid wall on their line.
A compliment to Manly's defence.

We would be stuffed if it wasn't for parra providing half of our team and coaching staff.

wedgetail eagle said:
Listening to the game on the radio,
I heard Dogs received a penalty close to Manlys line. Ennis took it back to the 20M line to try to get the Manly defence "broken"as opposed to a solid wall on their line.
A compliment to Manly's defence.
Just on that does anyone know why when Ennis took the ball back to the 20 we had to stay on our line rather than move up to the 10?

That's right. The Bulldogs could have walked the mark all the way back to their own try line, & the manly defensive line would have still had to stay on our own try line.
The mark is immediately moved once you kick for touch.
I often wondered why teams don't do this more often to give themselves more room to work with when they are only 10mtrs out.

Because they can go back as far as they want and the defensive team must be back 10m from the original penaly spot.....This being our goal line.

Ceagle said:

Re Parish - only can be as good as the cattle you've got

Speaking of Parish, imagine if he had picked up the Tigers job and coached them against Manly two games ago? Could have been a closer result. I think Manly would still beat them - better team, better players.

Utility Player said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Have to be 10m back from the mark given for the penalty
Thanks chaps, as said it must not be done very often as I can't recall ever seeing it before (on that scale at least).

Agreed UP. It doesn't happen very often. I don't understand why teams kick for touch when they receive a penalty, say 3 mtrs out. I reckon they should just walk the ball back 15 mtrs & the defensive line would still have to stay on the try line.

Clint said:
Utility Player said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Have to be 10m back from the mark given for the penalty
Thanks chaps, as said it must not be done very often as I can't recall ever seeing it before (on that scale at least).

Agreed UP. It doesn't happen very often. I don't understand why teams kick for touch when they receive a penalty, say 3 mtrs out. I reckon they should just walk the ball back 15 mtrs & the defensive line would still have to stay on the try line.

Then Gus will say (again):

So they get a penalty 5 mtrs out, kick for touch 10-15 mtrs out.

Tap the ball, give it to a forward who runs straight up and gets tackled....5 mtrs out, right where they were before. Rabs! Rabs? What you you think Rabbbits?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4