Injury Update: Snake out for five weeks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Sea Eagles star fullback Brett Stewart will be out for at least a month after suffering a back injury in Manly's tight win over the Dragons on Monday night.

Stewart suffered a blow to the back in the first half of the clash at Kogarah and didn't return to the field after half time.
Initial scans indicated only bruising but subsequent assessments have revealed a small chipped bone in the custodian's lower back.
"I believe late scans yesterday, he had first scans, which showed nothing, but we had to send him back to the doctor," head coach Geoff Toovey said.
"The latest scans showed that he’s got a small chip in his back, very similar to the problem that Tony Williams had last year."
"He’ll be out for probably about a month or so."
Stewart has also been struggling to shake hamstring issues this season but Toovey doesn't believe this latest injury will hang over the fullback's head in the same way.
"It’s just unsettling. It’s just one of those things that need to settle down," he said.
"There’s no dramas. It’s not physically threatening or anything like that, it’s just one of those things that irritates the system and needs time to settle down."
"He’s pretty positive about it. I suppose he’s walking around and he seems quite well."
The news is a double blow for Stewart, who will now miss the Origin opener on the 5th of June.
http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news-display/Injury-Update-Snake-out-for-five-weeks/74170

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6