Injury Update from MWSE - Snake out again

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Normie

Bencher
Lock forward Glenn Stewart's health will be monitored throughout the week after suffering a sickening concussion on Friday night. The skillful back rower was left unconscious following a shoulder to the head from Roosters enforcer Jared Waerea-Hargreaves early in the first half.

Fullback Brett Stewart is likely to miss another week, with the club unlikely to risk the health of the custodian's hamstring.

Kieran Foran played a staring role in the Sea Eagles victory against the Rooster, brushing off any issues with his calf. The five-eight had minor cramps at the end of the game but is expected to be fine to take on the Wests Tigers this Sunday at Leichardt Oval.

Jorge Taufua is continuing his recovery from a shoulder injury suffered in the preseason, with the flyer set to miss another week or two.

It's the same for young-forward Michael Chee-Kam who remains unavailable for selection due to an elbow injury suffered at the Auckland Nines.

Injury List

Glenn Stewart - Monitored - Concussion

Brett Stewart - Round 6 - Hamstring

Jorge Taufua - Round 6 - Shoulder

Michael Chee-Kam - Round 6 - Elbow

Looking at the photo of the impact on Gifty JWH jolt
his head actually moves upward from having JWH shoulder hit it from below :s

His spine would also be stretched and needs careful management :angel:

So, basically a similar team again this week with Hasson and King returning on the bench in place of Gift and T-Red in the 17. Gift should be given time to recover. JSL to start in the second row with Horo, and Buhrer lock. Bench: King, Lui, Hasson and Starling.
Tigpies seem also to have their injury worries.
The big difference between the match with Doesn'tmatta and Easts was the direction given by Foran, and the intensity shown by all 17. It will be hard to engender the same intensity this week, but you'd expect the class in our 17 to overcome the Leichhardt Oval disadvantage.

Yeah with the next 2 games against the tigpies and sharks, not worth risking snake.

I have plenty of faith in young Hiku, he is doing a great job filling brett's shoes.

Eagles2nv said:
Yeah with the next 2 games against the tigpies and sharks, not worth risking snake.

I have plenty of faith in young Hiku, he is doing a great job filling brett's shoes.

Isn't it great - stars injured and able replacements.

In previous years i would be worried but with Hiku playing so well atm i am happy to make sure Snake is 100% before coming back.

The Who said:
So, basically a similar team again this week with Hasson and King returning on the bench in place of Gift and T-Red in the 17. Gift should be given time to recover. JSL to start in the second row with Horo, and Buhrer lock. Bench: King, Lui, Hasson and Starling.
Tigpies seem also to have their injury worries.
The big difference between the match with Doesn'tmatta and Easts was the direction given by Foran, and the intensity shown by all 17. It will be hard to engender the same intensity this week, but you'd expect the class in our 17 to overcome the Leichhardt Oval disadvantage.

Symonds > Hasson and provides coverage for an injured back. They are not going to play 4 props on the bench! One of the 4 you have on the bench needs to partner Lawrence anyway so Symonds will play regardless and I think Choc may get a start somewhere in the side:)

In any case I think snake will play.

SEA EAGLES

Glenn Stewart (concussion, TBC)

Brett Stewart (hamstring, round six)

Jorge Taufua (shoulder, round six)

From the DT.

Given his run of injuries over the past few seasons its not really surprising that Manly won't rush Snake back so early in the season. If this was finals time then maybe, but not now. Better to make sure he's 100% than risk losing him for another month. Despite Hiku's form, we all would still love to have Snake at FB, but we'd also rather him be as healthy as possible when he is there.

I'd expect Gifty to play this week, but it wouldn't surprise me to see Tooves play Buhrer more than he might have with Gifty spending more time on the bench.

HoldenV8 said:
Given his run of injuries over the past few seasons its not really surprising that Manly won't rush Snake back so early in the season. If this was finals time then maybe, but not now. Better to make sure he's 100% than risk losing him for another month. Despite Hiku's form, we all would still love to have Snake at FB, but we'd also rather him be as healthy as possible when he is there.

I'd expect Gifty to play this week, but it wouldn't surprise me to see Tooves play Buhrer more than he might have with Gifty spending more time on the bench.

The 9 day turn around certainly helps gifts recovery time.

If it was a 6 day turn around then i dont think he would play, but the 9 day turn around makes it more likely.

I agree, you will expect Bruher to play bigger minutes this week. If we are pulling a strong lead early, i think gift will sit most of the game.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6