Injury to Bullet & Scud (Missile) update

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
Manly Sea Eagles ‏@manlyseaeagles
Injury Update: Snake's "twinged" his hammy and Taufua looks to have strained his quad. More news after they're assessed tomorrow. #gomanly
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite

Note: Think "scud" would be an awesome nick for Jorge. Certainly plays like it.

Bullet
Scud
Scivi
Killer
Wolf

LoL

Damn, strained quad sounds worse than a corked hip !!

Stewy worries me, he has a hammy prob last season that took him out for a while

Serious? You don't know what your quadriceps are? Its only the muscle that makes up the front of your thigh.

The quadriceps are the large muscles at the front of the leg from the hips down to the knees. They are arguably the most powerful in the body and work in partnership with the hamstrings at the back of the legs.

Good time for Snake to have a few weeks off to get recharged and primed for the finals. He has had an intense couple of months, what with origin and all.

Let our main stars get well and the 2nd stringers who are departing can bust a gut for a few weeks, so they feel more a part of this year's victory before they wave goodbye to join also-ran clubs.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Good time for Snake to have a few weeks off to get recharged and primed for the finals. He has had an intense couple of months, what with origin and all.

Let our main stars get well and the 2nd stringers who are departing can bust a gut for a few weeks, so they feel more a part of this year's victory before they wave goodbye to join also-ran clubs.

I agree snake deserves a rest, esp if he twinged a hammy. im sure whare will cover against the knights.

The team just came off a bye, and this is such a close season, cant afford a loss

Leaving Snake out for a week could be the difference between a win and a loss, dont know if we should rest him.

Ryan said:
Really dumb question.....what's a quad?

I am a true believer in the statement there are no dumb questions?

It is afterall, how we learn things.

People always tell me that there are no stupid questions only stupid people, I wonder what they mean.

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
Great games by Brett and Jorge! Brett back to his flying best! How great to see him storming to the line in the 1st half!

Darren said:
Great games by Brett and Jorge! Brett back to his flying best! How great to see him storming to the line in the 1st half!

Depending on the injury we may not be seeing that for a few weeks, hopefully not too long

Why is it with our players i always feel like we are one tackle or sprint away from an injury.

Scud suxxorz as a nickname as :

1) it's mark phillopuosis' nickname, and
2) In the first Iraq war the scud missile's were continuously shot down.

I always thought that nickname was stupid for 'the poo' as well.

Though prob better than 'the poo'

Now my quads hurt. (I type with them.)

I'm just waiting to hear after another big 'headline-making-Wolfman-comeback', that he has tweaked something and he'll be out for one or two weeks. Some players like Hodgkins, Tuquiri, and Wolfman are all injuries waiting to happen.

But nothing will diminish our memory of the exuberance and sheer athletic brilliance of the Wolfman :heart:
What about Wolfie's flying in to take a missile from Jorge? He came from the clouds so high and fast that even the Channel 9 camera missed his takeoff. Joey couldn't stop laughing at the 60km launch :D

Jorge had his leg twisted off in a tackle, thats what 'stretched' his quads.
But the 3 line breaks he made were signs of great things for the Brookie Faithfull :angel:

Jorge could be called "GE" that way his name will be spelled correctly

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4