Injuries heading into the finals.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

EOL now nesting on the GC

Official NRL commentator of the UK Royal Family
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Dont want to put a hex on it but its bloody interesting to see the injury situation of the comp right now.

We were killed by the dreaded injury curse last year and with tommy at the beginning of this year but touch wood we look to be one of the best served sides with most of our guys now available or close to.

So many sides are up ****e creek with the rooters and to an extent the panthers now feeling the brunt of the dreaded curse.

Anyone else feel quietly confident going into the next 2 months or is that just me? Im calling it right now. We can win this comp.

Dont want to put a hex on it but its bloody interesting to see the injury situation of the comp right now.

We were killed by the dreaded injury curse last year and with tommy at the beginning of this year but touch wood we look to be one of the best served sides with most of our guys now available or close to.

So many sides are up ****e creek with the rooters and to an extent the panthers now feeling the brunt of the dreaded curse.

Anyone else feel quietly confident going into the next 2 months or is that just me? Im calling it right now. We can win this comp.
Still a long way to go for mine. Injuries are a lottery as we well know. It’s largely luck now that keeps the squad healthy. Fortunately we are well placed compared to other sides going into this weekend, that might not be the case next weekend v Melb.

What I find hilarious is the attention this is getting in the roosters and panthers. 360 last night highlighted Easts have 9 out (vonny: “9 out Kenty that’s unheard of and you can’t play with so many out” bla bla bla). Never a mention of our ongoing list of players out injured or unavailable and we had that many out as well and had to bring in Kurt DL just to have enough forwards.

Lastly I actually couldn’t give a s$&@ about Penrith or Easts and their injuries. Suck it up. Penrith were basically at full strength right up until origin 2.

I’d be confident if there were less than 6 rounds to go.With Parra having such a tough run home and Roosters being decimated by injuries,it leaves the door open for Manly to sneak into the top4,which means they’ll need to play at near full strength for the rest of the regular season.If they get a chance,I think they’d like to freshen up a few players prior to the finals

Still a long way to go for mine. Injuries are a lottery as we well know. It’s largely luck now that keeps the squad healthy. Fortunately we are well placed compared to other sides going into this weekend, that might not be the case next weekend v Melb.

What I find hilarious is the attention this is getting in the roosters and panthers. 360 last night highlighted Easts have 9 out (vonny: “9 out Kenty that’s unheard of and you can’t play with so many out” bla bla bla). Never a mention of our ongoing list of players out injured or unavailable and we had that many out as well and had to bring in Kurt DL just to have enough forwards.

Lastly I actually couldn’t give a s$&@ about Penrith or Easts and their injuries. Suck it up. Penrith were basically at full strength right up until origin 2.
Totally agree and that’s why I’m not a fan of the loan system.Panthers have had a clean bill of health and minimal suspensions for 18 months,time for them to deal with it

It’s interesting how much Penrith have come back to the field without Cleary. If that was us the media would be crucifying our depth and harping on about how we’re a one man team.

In terms of the topic of this thread… we’re too far out to be getting excited yet. Injury can strike at any time.

If we can win all of our remaining games, except for the storm match, and other results go our way (i.e. souths drop a couple more than expected), we may finish 3rd - and I like our prospects of playing a weakened Panthers team given how we last went against them when they were at the top of their game. This could be followed up by a week off, and a semi-final with say souths or parra, for example. We could roll them too, setting up a grandstand final with the storm. And we all know Des has a great record in big games against Bellamy....but, alas, you've just put the jinx on us with this post! Cheers mate lol

100% , great call .

I never thought that we would be on 24 points after 19 rounds so I'm ecstatic. What happens from here is exciting because anything is possible. Fingers crossed and I'm going to enjoy the ride.
Fingers crossed?
Say.... you aren't James Rahme by any chance? @:D

To be honest as long as we keep DCE and the Turbos (and maybe croker...never thought i would say that) i feel confident we can replace almost anyone in the team

On another note, I reckon with finals now most likely to be played in Qld, this is the year you would be happy to finish 4th and play Melbourne Week 1.

Much tougher task playing them in Melbourne than anywhere else.
I'm hoping for this outcome - and a final in melbourne!

On another note, I reckon with finals now most likely to be played in Qld, this is the year you would be happy to finish 4th and play Melbourne Week 1.

Much tougher task playing them in Melbourne than anywhere else.

I'm hoping for this outcome - and a final in melbourne!
Play Melbourne? I hope not. They are one team I dislike coming up against. We can never seem to get past them. Years ago I actually thought that after their main players left, the team would cease to be relentless but I was wrong. Do they take a dose of a performance enhancing drug before a game?

To be honest as long as we keep DCE and the Turbos (and maybe croker...never thought i would say that) i feel confident we can replace almost anyone in the team

Lawton or Cust would slot in if anything happened to Croker and frankly we would be stronger afta a few matches.

Only one game away from a injury to a key player :lipssealed:@:oops:
I still clench when Tommy makes a run but at somenpoint you need to look forwards positively so thats where i am.

We are due some luck so fingers crossed.

Im starting to wonder if playing up north on fast flat dry pitchs will really benefit our team given we normally play on a heavy bog during winter at brookie. Perhaps given our players are so accustomed to that their bodies are currently going ' how funking awsome is this'.....

I still clench when Tommy makes a run but at somenpoint you need to look forwards positively so thats where i am.

We are due some luck so fingers crossed.

Im starting to wonder if playing up north on fast flat dry pitchs will really benefit our team given we normally play on a heavy bog during winter at brookie. Perhaps given our players are so accustomed to that their bodies are currently going ' how funking awsome is this'.....
The dry tracks certainly benefit our style

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6