Injured Team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

conanu

Bencher
1. Brett Stewart
2. Jorge Tafua
3. Jamie Lyon
4. Clint Gutherson
5. Tom Trebojevic
6. Keiran Foran
7. Cherry (Foot Injury)
8. Brenton Lawrence
9. Jack Littlejohn
10. Josh Starling
11. Jesse Sene Lafao
12. Blake Leary
13. Feliti Mateo

I reckon that team would be nearly over the cap LOL some clubs would be happy to have that as a starting team. We have it as our Injury side.

This is the 1st, 2nd and last reason why we are losing and playing ****. Full stop.

Last edited:
1. Brett Stewart
2. Jorge Tafua
3. Jamie Lyon
4. Clint Gutherson
5. Tom Trebojevic
6. Keiran Foran
7. Cherry (Foot Injury)
8. Brenton Lawrence
10. Josh Starling
11. Jesse Sene Lafao
12. Blake Leary
13. Feliti Mateo

I reckon that team would be nearly over the cap LOL some clubs would be happy to have that as a starting team. We have it as our Injury side.

This is the 1st, 2nd and last reason why we are losing and playing ****. Full stop.
Leary is not injured he played NSW cup

Really? thats crazy. He must have been because he is getting fitness back coming back from his injury

1. Brett Stewart
2. Jorge Tafua
3. Jamie Lyon
4. Clint Gutherson
5. Tom Trebojevic
6. Keiran Foran
7. Cherry (Foot Injury)
8. Brenton Lawrence
10. Josh Starling
11. Jesse Sene Lafao
12. Blake Leary
13. Feliti Mateo

A lot of the players you have named are not regular first grade players they are only fringe players.

I also disagree that some clubs would be happy with that team.
Backline yes but that forward pack is why we are in so much trouble clubs laugh at that forward pack none of them would command a first grade spot at most top 8 sides.

They are at best depth players and if we base our pack around them going in to next season we are in trouble.

A lot of the players you have named are not regular first grade players they are only fringe players.

I also disagree that some clubs would be happy with that team.
Backline yes but that forward pack is why we are in so much trouble clubs laugh at that forward pack none of them would command a first grade spot at most top 8 sides.

They are at best depth players and if we base our pack around them going in to next season we are in trouble.
That may be, however Lawrence, Starling and Mateo are starting players for us and a whole lot better than the other options we have.

That may be, however Lawrence, Starling and Mateo are starting players for us and a whole lot better than the other options we have.

Agreed, There are some fringe players in there but those players all fit an available we would be in a much better position combined with the players we do have available. Toovey keeps refusing to use this as an excuse but realistically there are a lot of starting players in there and that experience/continuity is being disrupted week in week out.

How is it that the Dogs have 3-4 fat forwards out and can bring in another 3-4 dopplegangers? Are they cloning these blokes? We don't seem to have these type of forwards.

I get that we have lots of injuries and that it plays a HUGE role, but this game is one where we cant use that excuse. They had 8 out of their own.

How about injured/departed/absent

1. Brett Stewart
2. Jorge Tafua
3. Jamie Lyon (injured + can't kick goals anymore)
4. Clint Gutherson
5. Tom Trebojevic
6. Keiran Foran (brain)
7. Cherry (foot Injury)
8. Brenton Lawrence
9. Glenn Stewart
10. Josh Starling
11. Jesse Sene Lafao
12. Anthony Watmough
13. Feliti Mateo

That team, healthy - top 8 for sure.

There is just no-one out there playing for Manly right now. Can't deny it.

How about injured/departed/absent
1. Brett Stewart
2. Jorge Tafua
3. Jamie Lyon (injured + can't kick goals anymore)
4. Clint Gutherson
5. Tom Trebojevic
6. Keiran Foran (brain)
7. Cherry (foot Injury)
8. Brenton Lawrence
9. Glenn Stewart
10. Josh Starling
11. Jesse Sene Lafao
12. Anthony Watmough
13. Feliti Mateo
That team, healthy - top 8 for sure.
There is just no-one out there playing for Manly right now. Can't deny it.

You've forgotten the other recently departed 1st grade level forwards:
King, Guluvao, G Stewart, Fa'oso, Rose, who all provided tremendous go-forward.

At the moment we could rename the club the 'Manly Warringah Cooked Gooses".

Matai looks like he's held together with sticking plaster too, judging by the bandaging on his injured arm. Part of the problem when there are so many injuries and not much depth is that experienced players are probably being sent out still injured providing they can stand up.

Totally agree @conanu That fact that many Manly fans can't understand this is astounding.

I get that we have lots of injuries and that it plays a HUGE role, but this game is one where we cant use that excuse. They had 8 out of their own.

Yes they did but as @Jatz Crackers mentioned they have doppleganger replacements in the forwards. We can't match that.

Let's just face it , we are in an injury crises the worst I think I've ever seen in my 53 years as a supporter.

And we will not win a game again this year until most of those listed are back.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6